You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Alexander Sörloth
October 28 2020 12.47am

Alexander Sörloth

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 48 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Petereagle's Profile Petereagle Flag Brockley 16 Aug 20 11.38am Send a Private Message to Petereagle Add Petereagle as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

But if he is being sold half way through a 2 year loan deal to a different club and we get the money then it just proves we wanted rid of him and nothing amateurish about it.

I believe there was a £5m loan to buy option? In which case £5m should be coming Palace's way?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 16 Aug 20 11.52am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Petereagle

I believe there was a £5m loan to buy option? In which case £5m should be coming Palace's way?

Or was it an ' obligation ' to buy ? That's how I interpreted it and the reason why the only fee Palace can expect to get is the £6m from Trabanspor

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 16 Aug 20 12.07pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Interesting do you have a link please?

It’s the Mail on line, quoting the Sun, quoting Newton.
As with all of these stories , you take their word for it or not as the case might be. The fact that he says Sorloth, is Palaces player to sell is very telling. Detail is still not there but , it would indicate , Palace have control ,if only for the minute. He is not quiet another Stan Collymore, yet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag 16 Aug 20 12.26pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout


If Sorloth, is still a Palace player Leipzig , have to have Palaces permission to even talk to the player. If this story is not fake, then Palace would have to be completely in on this. Which would give the impression everything is working in their own interests.


No they don't

Sorloth has a deal with his loan club for 2 years which has a buy out clause.

If Leipzig want him then the clause is used to buy out the player contract and then Leipzig can purchase him it's nothing to do with Palace they handed their rights away with that clause.

To people stating as well you need to wait the 2 years to buy is not correct you can buy for the set price at any point the 2 years is the limit so once that has expired if they do not purchase contract is done you miss out.

It works the same way as player minimum release fees the difference being the contract is with one club plus they loan the player for a set term.

CLub has no say if you have buy out/release clauses hit that you just need to agree terms with player.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace in the Blood's Profile Palace in the Blood Flag 16 Aug 20 12.27pm Send a Private Message to Palace in the Blood Add Palace in the Blood as a friend

None of us know exact terms but from what I have deduced (which could be wrong).The Buy clause is only operational at end of next season and is triggered by performance/appearance for them next season. If true this means they can not buy and sell on till then.

We still own player but they have an agreed loan till end of next season. Thus any sale now will have agreement with both parties.

This could be done by buying out their loan contract

Accepting an offer of purchase from them now

Agreeing a purchase by 3rd club with both Palace and loan club sharing the fee in some way.

Since the Turkish club is short of cash I suspect 3rd option is most likely

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 16 Aug 20 12.50pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


No they don't

Sorloth has a deal with his loan club for 2 years which has a buy out clause.

If Leipzig want him then the clause is used to buy out the player contract and then Leipzig can purchase him it's nothing to do with Palace they handed their rights away with that clause.

To people stating as well you need to wait the 2 years to buy is not correct you can buy for the set price at any point the 2 years is the limit so once that has expired if they do not purchase contract is done you miss out.

It works the same way as player minimum release fees the difference being the contract is with one club plus they loan the player for a set term.

CLub has no say if you have buy out/release clauses hit that you just need to agree terms with player.

The player belongs to Palace until anyone else buys him. How any sale is arranged is for the club to arrange . He might have to complete the loan. But Leipzig, or any other prospective buyer ,, will sooner deal now with Palace ,than wait to get ripped right off by the Turkish team. No one actually knows the terms of Sorloths loan. It’s become the thing to predict the worst of possibilities. As it’s Palace.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 16 Aug 20 1.36pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Trabzonspor were kicked out of Europe for failing to comply with FFP, but does anyone know if it included a transfer ban, or whether they are even able to fund the purchase of Sorloth?

No one from either club has actually confirmed the terms of the deal, have they? Personally, if we could get the money back for what we paid for him then that would seem fair. He never produced anything for us and we didn't give him more time to develop, thus get our money back and move on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 16 Aug 20 2.28pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

It’s all guess work. Only the clubs and players know the real situation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 16 Aug 20 3.10pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

What with the player and agent moaning, not long after he arrived at Palace, cos he couldn't get in the team I wonder if he is a bad egg that the club just wanted rid of as soon as possible.
If he hadn't scored a 20 plus goals for the Turkish team then I doubt anyone would care that he went on a 2 year loan with no recall (again, maybe cos they just didn't wan't him back at the club at all).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Aug 20 4.12pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

I suppose one good thing to come out of this is, we may have another £6-8m to reinvest during this window

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View lefty27's Profile lefty27 Flag ipswich 16 Aug 20 5.01pm Send a Private Message to lefty27 Add lefty27 as a friend

Not sure that’s correct. Palace hold his registration as he is a palace player. The Turkish team can buy him at the end of two years, they cannot buy him today for 6 million.
The athletic seem to think we could recall him for a fee which is why we are reluctant to do so.
Also he can choose to end his loan early and force a move to another club, the option to buy was still dependent on him agreeing person terms with the club.


No they don't

Sorloth has a deal with his loan club for 2 years which has a buy out clause.

If Leipzig want him then the clause is used to buy out the player contract and then Leipzig can purchase him it's nothing to do with Palace they handed their rights away with that clause.

To people stating as well you need to wait the 2 years to buy is not correct you can buy for the set price at any point the 2 years is the limit so once that has expired if they do not purchase contract is done you miss out.

It works the same way as player minimum release fees the difference being the contract is with one club plus they loan the player for a set term.

CLub has no say if you have buy out/release clauses hit that you just need to agree terms with player.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Aug 20 5.50pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by lefty27

Not sure that’s correct. Palace hold his registration as he is a palace player. The Turkish team can buy him at the end of two years, they cannot buy him today for 6 million.
The athletic seem to think we could recall him for a fee which is why we are reluctant to do so.
Also he can choose to end his loan early and force a move to another club, the option to buy was still dependent on him agreeing person terms with the club.


No they don't

Sorloth has a deal with his loan club for 2 years which has a buy out clause.

If Leipzig want him then the clause is used to buy out the player contract and then Leipzig can purchase him it's nothing to do with Palace they handed their rights away with that clause.

To people stating as well you need to wait the 2 years to buy is not correct you can buy for the set price at any point the 2 years is the limit so once that has expired if they do not purchase contract is done you miss out.

It works the same way as player minimum release fees the difference being the contract is with one club plus they loan the player for a set term.

CLub has no say if you have buy out/release clauses hit that you just need to agree terms with player.

So if this is correct and AS chooses to end his loan to force a move, all transfer fee comes to Palace?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 48 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Alexander Sörloth