You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Alexander Sörloth
January 21 2021 2.01pm

Alexander Sörloth

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 39 of 53 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Chubskip's Profile Chubskip Flag 17 Sep 20 11.38am Send a Private Message to Chubskip Add Chubskip as a friend

I just love this site. If Gareth Bales a no go we should try and get Mbappe. He wants to leave. Maybe Messi? Let's pay a kings ransom for older players with no sell on value.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View lefty27's Profile lefty27 Flag ipswich 17 Sep 20 5.53pm Send a Private Message to lefty27 Add lefty27 as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Talk of a 50/50 sharing of the fee seems very fair and reasonable,and probably beyond our wildest dreams when the two year loan agreement was arranged!!

[Link]

This, the fee plus loan fees we have got from him means we will probably turn a small profit from him. Amazing when you think of how he played in a palace shirt....thank you Trab!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 17 Sep 20 6.13pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by lefty27

This, the fee plus loan fees we have got from him means we will probably turn a small profit from him. Amazing when you think of how he played in a palace shirt....thank you Trab!


Yep. also how much of his wages did they pay? If some or all then we saved some from the wages bill last year as well.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View RyWa's Profile RyWa Flag Beckenham 17 Sep 20 6.23pm Send a Private Message to RyWa Add RyWa as a friend

Originally posted by Chubskip

I just love this site. If Gareth Bales a no go we should try and get Mbappe. He wants to leave. Maybe Messi? Let's pay a kings ransom for older players with no sell on value.

The poster was making a joke..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View lefty27's Profile lefty27 Flag ipswich 17 Sep 20 6.33pm Send a Private Message to lefty27 Add lefty27 as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Yep. also how much of his wages did they pay? If some or all then we saved some from the wages bill last year as well.

A fair whack I’d say, quoted online as they are paying 1.5 per year in wages. We also picked up £600k from them and £300k from Genk in loan fees if this is to be believed. [Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 18 Sep 20 6.10am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

at least we might get a small net net profit

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 18 Sep 20 7.59am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Because Roy only knows how to play one way and will shoehorn those players into those positions.
The club have done well to get there money back on a player completely written off by the manager.

Do you think Roy woke one morning and found Sorloth on his doorstep and then just refused to play him ?

Roy was one of the main reasons we signed him in the first place due to advice his received from Norway coach, so do you really believe after telling the club to buy him that he won’t give him a fair chance ?

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that none of us will ever know about and this is a signing that just didn’t work out.

Edited by EddieMac (18 Sep 2020 8.01am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 18 Sep 20 9.38am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Not only do we get more cash but we also get it a year earlier than budgeted for.

That is if the latest rumour is true

didn't way pay around 8-9m for him in the first place? So we haven't made much of a return on him (in terms of performances and profit). Some of those headlines make it sound like we made loads of money but in real terms is a small margin. Think we've been very kind to the Turks as well however we were at the mercy of a poor contract vs their great one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 18 Sep 20 10.38am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Frickin Saweet

didn't way pay around 8-9m for him in the first place? So we haven't made much of a return on him (in terms of performances and profit). Some of those headlines make it sound like we made loads of money but in real terms is a small margin. Think we've been very kind to the Turks as well however we were at the mercy of a poor contract vs their great one.

Trabzonspor are the only reason he is worth any money in the first place. He was worth 2 pennies by the time he finished his loan spell in Belgium. There was nothing wrong with the deal made and Trabzonspor deserve every penny they get because he excelled with them and made him worth what he is worth.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 18 Sep 20 11.21am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Trabzonspor are the only reason he is worth any money in the first place. He was worth 2 pennies by the time he finished his loan spell in Belgium. There was nothing wrong with the deal made and Trabzonspor deserve every penny they get because he excelled with them and made him worth what he is worth.


is the correct response. Trabzonspor have made this possible and a 50/50 split seems fair to me. It's more than we were expecting when we shipped him off to Turkey.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 18 Sep 20 11.35am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by crvenaeagle

I have become owner of inclination toward the previous posters jest in his remarks.

i.e. He waa havungta f***ing joke mate.

Has your querty gone wonky

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 18 Sep 20 1.07pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Regardless of all those that think otherwise. No one could have felt Sorloth , had any chance of the success he had last year.
I still can not accept that a player the Turks have never payed for can be worth half of any transfer that happens midway through a loan.
But if that is how this has panned out, if we get our initial outlay plus a bit then that money can be reinvested. The Turks, make a substantial profit on having never payed for the player. In the way of a transfer fee.
Because of the length of the loan, and the option to buy a percentage could always have been right for the Turks, but fifty ,fifty seems we get short change to me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 39 of 53 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Alexander Sörloth