You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Alexander Sörloth
November 26 2020 1.19am

Alexander Sörloth

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 40 of 51 < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Ali_Campbell's Profile Ali_Campbell Flag New Addington 18 Sep 20 1.33pm Send a Private Message to Ali_Campbell Add Ali_Campbell as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Do you think Roy woke one morning and found Sorloth on his doorstep and then just refused to play him ?

Roy was one of the main reasons we signed him in the first place due to advice his received from Norway coach, so do you really believe after telling the club to buy him that he won’t give him a fair chance ?

There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that none of us will ever know about and this is a signing that just didn’t work out.

Edited by EddieMac (18 Sep 2020 8.01am)


Didn’t pep guardiola buy Bravo on the back of their time at Barcelona and then a year later admit he wasn’t good enough and ask for a further 35m to buy edersson. Regardless of the advice given to Roy, he hadn’t seen him in training, matches etc...if Pep can get it wrong I’m sure Roy and co. can to

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 18 Sep 20 2.00pm Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Trabzonspor are the only reason he is worth any money in the first place. He was worth 2 pennies by the time he finished his loan spell in Belgium. There was nothing wrong with the deal made and Trabzonspor deserve every penny they get because he excelled with them and made him worth what he is worth.

Except the bit where we have to give them 50% of a transfer fee for a player we own 'cause we made a schoolboy error in the loan contract. Other than that you're about right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 18 Sep 20 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Frickin Saweet

Except the bit where we have to give them 50% of a transfer fee for a player we own 'cause we made a schoolboy error in the loan contract. Other than that you're about right.

But don’t forget they paid a loan fee and a % of his wages as well. We were happy to accept 6m next year but have got 11m this year, what is there not to like? As previously said he was worth just short of f*** all when he moved to Turkey, good luck to Trabanzor. Also they have to now sign a replacement
I agree about transfer contract but it seems highly likely we wanted rid asap

Edited by Spiderman (18 Sep 2020 2.17pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 18 Sep 20 2.20pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

But don’t forget they paid a loan fee and a % of his wages as well. We were happy to accept 6m next year but have got 11m this year, what is there not to like? As previously said he was worth just short of f*** all when he moved to Turkey, good luck to Trabanzor. Also they have to now sign a replacement
I agree about transfer contract but it seems highly likely we wanted rid asap

Edited by Spiderman (18 Sep 2020 2.17pm)

Maybe we could offer them Bentenke and take that other 11m off of them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Crystal_Clear's Profile Crystal_Clear Flag Belfast 18 Sep 20 3.46pm Send a Private Message to Crystal_Clear Add Crystal_Clear as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Maybe we could offer them Bentenke and take that other 11m off of them.

Liking that idea.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag 18 Sep 20 4.13pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

But don’t forget they paid a loan fee and a % of his wages as well. We were happy to accept 6m next year but have got 11m this year, what is there not to like? As previously said he was worth just short of f*** all when he moved to Turkey, good luck to Trabanzor. Also they have to now sign a replacement
I agree about transfer contract but it seems highly likely we wanted rid asap

Edited by Spiderman (18 Sep 2020 2.17pm)


If Bats scores 15 goals by xmas and someone bids £50m for him in Jan window, he is a Chelsea player so we get fcuk all. Yes Chelsea would have to break the loan deal, but it can be done.

As Sorloth had already refused to return to Turkey he broke the loan not Palace.

I am amazed we have agreed a 50:50 split.

The Turks paid £5m for a 2 year loan which predominantly just covers his wages. I suspect this was being paid in installments too. I am amazed we've paid them more than £5m to cover that payment.
It's irrelvant that they had a purchase clause - it could only be activated after the 2nd season and he has only played one. Yes £11m is better than i expected, but clearly £16m is a lot better.

Anybody who says this is a good deal knows nothing about contract law - and there were many on here who thought we'd get zero only a few weeks ago

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 18 Sep 20 6.36pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend


Is this deal a fact? Very little about it anywhere. Considering this is supposed to be a £30 million deal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 18 Sep 20 7.49pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Frickin Saweet

Except the bit where we have to give them 50% of a transfer fee for a player we own 'cause we made a schoolboy error in the loan contract. Other than that you're about right.

We are only getting the money because Trabzonspor gave him a platform to shine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 18 Sep 20 7.50pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout


Is this deal a fact? Very little about it anywhere. Considering this is supposed to be a £30 million deal.

Because he’s not worth talking about.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 18 Sep 20 7.51pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by palace99


If Bats scores 15 goals by xmas and someone bids £50m for him in Jan window, he is a Chelsea player so we get fcuk all. Yes Chelsea would have to break the loan deal, but it can be done.

As Sorloth had already refused to return to Turkey he broke the loan not Palace.

I am amazed we have agreed a 50:50 split.

The Turks paid £5m for a 2 year loan which predominantly just covers his wages. I suspect this was being paid in installments too. I am amazed we've paid them more than £5m to cover that payment.
It's irrelvant that they had a purchase clause - it could only be activated after the 2nd season and he has only played one. Yes £11m is better than i expected, but clearly £16m is a lot better.

Anybody who says this is a good deal knows nothing about contract law - and there were many on here who thought we'd get zero only a few weeks ago

You may know about contracts but you don’t know about this one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 18 Sep 20 7.55pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Because he’s not worth talking about.

Getting the money is . Put it towards that extra forward player they want.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 18 Sep 20 8.44pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Not bad if we need a club to help out with game time for any of our youngsters going forwards.
Building relationships is never going to be a bad idea. I would rather our kids played that level than L2 or conference.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 40 of 51 < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Alexander Sörloth