You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out
March 2 2021 8.43am

roy out

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 137 of 333 < 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 09 Jan 21 8.50pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

oy

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

Agree we were out run by Aston Villa's 10 men - but not because of physicality or lack of talent - but because of poor tactics and that is down to Roy.

And that my friend is the crux of the problem..!!

COYP

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think it's down to Roy's tactics that the players are slow and can't keep pace with younger opposition.

No coincidence that we were so poor against a young Brighton team either IMO.


Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (09 Jan 2021 8.50pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 10 Jan 21 4.32am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

To start with - get rid of "deadwood". like Wickham, Sakho (inured again), Benteke (showed promise in 2-3 games, now back to his "absolute crap" form), the return of Batman to Chelsea (would not mind that young WBA-loanee Gallagher), if someone comes in for PVA, let him go.
The manager situation? We are still hanging on, but the boring Roy tactics are taking their toll on the fans. Even in the cup game vs Wolves, he set us up to stifle the opposition instead of having a go - no shot on target, OMG! Butterfield, where are you when badly needed?
And please, let Eze flourish and not make him a Hodgson-type of player!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 10 Jan 21 4.45am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

To start with - get rid of "deadwood". like Wickham, Sakho (inured again), Benteke (showed promise in 2-3 games, now back to his "absolute crap" form), the return of Batman to Chelsea (would not mind that young WBA-loanee Gallagher), if someone comes in for PVA, let him go.
The manager situation? We are still hanging on, but the boring Roy tactics are taking their toll on the fans. Even in the cup game vs Wolves, he set us up to stifle the opposition instead of having a go - no shot on target, OMG! Butterfield, where are you when badly needed?
And please, let Eze flourish and not make him a Hodgson-type of player!

He said a while back that eze needs to adjust his game. Roy means to become a DM I think. The boys are not enjoying their football. Why the hell doesnt someone break ranks and actually say it. Especially the mega mulla ones. Even just to help the younger ones not getting games when they maybe should. Is roy saying that not 1 under 23 player could step up; mitchell only as pva and schlupp were injured so that wasnt a 'choice' by roy. Or are they really ok with it or is money really their god?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gaz1959's Profile gaz1959 Flag Bamford Lancashire 10 Jan 21 9.13am Send a Private Message to gaz1959 Add gaz1959 as a friend

I love the Palace cant wait to watch them play, if you support a team it is forever good or bad.
That said our football is so boring, Dont mind losing but FFS have a go show some passion, Roy and the management team must take the credit for the way we play, just surviving after more than enough time in the premier surely by now the team/club should have a bit more ambition.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Online Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 10 Jan 21 9.38am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by gaz1959

I love the Palace cant wait to watch them play, if you support a team it is forever good or bad.
That said our football is so boring, Dont mind losing but FFS have a go show some passion, Roy and the management team must take the credit for the way we play, just surviving after more than enough time in the premier surely by now the team/club should have a bit more ambition.

I think that for half of the Premier League, survival is the top priority.

For Palace I think it boils down to money. Look at the net spend on players over the last 3 years - Willo will no doubt keep me honest, but I think it's around 10m. Comparative peanuts.

Parish has invested a lot of funds into the Academy and that's absolutely the right thing to do. So while everything around the first team manager and squad smack of the short term, the Academy will hopefully bear fruit for years to come.

In the meantime, pending any fresh inward investment, we are likely to be stuck in the cycle we are in.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View gaz1959's Profile gaz1959 Flag Bamford Lancashire 10 Jan 21 12.03pm Send a Private Message to gaz1959 Add gaz1959 as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

I think that for half of the Premier League, survival is the top priority.

For Palace I think it boils down to money. Look at the net spend on players over the last 3 years - Willo will no doubt keep me honest, but I think it's around 10m. Comparative peanuts.

Parish has invested a lot of funds into the Academy and that's absolutely the right thing to do. So while everything around the first team manager and squad smack of the short term, the Academy will hopefully bear fruit for years to come.

In the meantime, pending any fresh inward investment, we are likely to be stuck in the cycle we are in.

Agree with all the above but surely with the squad we have we can play more than defend at all costs and hope for something on the brake, also for what ever reason roy doesn't like giving youngsters a go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 10 Jan 21 12.10pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by gaz1959

Agree with all the above but surely with the squad we have we can play more than defend at all costs and hope for something on the brake, also for what ever reason roy doesn't like giving youngsters a go.

His task is to ensure that we stay in the PL, not to build for the future and he trusts his more experienced players to meet this objective.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 10 Jan 21 12.30pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by gaz1959

Agree with all the above but surely with the squad we have we can play more than defend at all costs and hope for something on the brake, also for what ever reason roy doesn't like giving youngsters a go.


I suspect the Liverpool and Villa hidings have left their mark and it may be a while before we try to play a bit more expansively, especially where the ebtter teams are concerned.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 10 Jan 21 2.15pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by gaz1959

Agree with all the above but surely with the squad we have we can play more than defend at all costs and hope for something on the brake, also for what ever reason roy doesn't like giving youngsters a go.

What people supporting Roy fail to grasp is that no one is asking for fast flowing football. All we are asking is a manager who is willing to take just a tiny bit of risk and set the team up in a way that may cause the opposition a few problems and give their defence something to think about.

Under Roy, we just pass sideways and backwards without any shots on target. We can no longer keep a clean sheet, there doesn't seem to be any fight in the players and when we go 1 nil down its all over.

We were basically Sheffield United with better players. Results didn't look bad on paper (Until Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa), but the performances are a disgrace.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 10 Jan 21 2.23pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

Yes I agree that Roy has kept us away from the perennial relegation battle.

But our squad is so now/should be doing so much better than that - can't you see that..??

Roy's tactics are just stifling what is the most talented squad since we have been back in the Prem.

Standing still simply ain't good enough - on that IMO we are going backwards and we shouldn't be not with the resources at Roy's disposal.

It's quite clear we ain't going to progress further under Roy - he's time is done.

Thanks for all you've done Roy but now is the time to move on..!!

COYP

It maybe the best squad we have ever had, but there are a few problems with that. Every other team has improved their squad as well, ours is also one of the oldest, which shows when younger teams press us.
Roy is doing what Roy does, get enough points for us to remain in the Premier. The squad needs freshening up everybody can see that, but it cant be done overnight.
Its pretty obvious Roy will retire in the summer and a new man will come in new with some new players. No doubt within a month there will be a thread with their name and out beside it.
Expectations are always higher than the reality, over a season we end up where we should be in terms of ability.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Online Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 10 Jan 21 2.41pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

What people supporting Roy fail to grasp is that no one is asking for fast flowing football. All we are asking is a manager who is willing to take just a tiny bit of risk and set the team up in a way that may cause the opposition a few problems and give their defence something to think about.

Under Roy, we just pass sideways and backwards without any shots on target. We can no longer keep a clean sheet, there doesn't seem to be any fight in the players and when we go 1 nil down its all over.

We were basically Sheffield United with better players. Results didn't look bad on paper (Until Chelsea, Liverpool, Villa), but the performances are a disgrace.

I would counter that by saying that what the anti Roy faction fail to grasp is that his tactics and methods are tried and trusted. And that is why he continues to use them.

Put yourself in his shoes. You are given the overriding objective of keeping the club in the Premier League. The way you manage has achieved this successfully for the last 3 years. It shows every sign of it being successful again. ( a quick look at the table shows we are level on points with Wolves - who play attractive football and have also spent a fortune, and just 1 point behind Arsenal and Leeds ). Would you be open to change ?

I don't think any of my fellow Pro Roy supporters would claim that the football has been exciting or attractive. Just effective.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YoDougie's Profile YoDougie Flag London 10 Jan 21 3.29pm Send a Private Message to YoDougie Add YoDougie as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

His task is to ensure that we stay in the PL, not to build for the future and he trusts his more experienced players to meet this objective.

If this is true, then in my opinion what a waste of time for the last 3 and a half years. How can a club have no plans to move forward and build for the future in such a long period of time?

In terms of the club having no money too, I agree we aren't at the level to splash like the top clubs, or even like Wolves or Leeds have, but we arent so poor that all we can afford is 10mill net spend over the last few years (according to someone else who said that). Prize money each year, ad revenue means we can afford more. We just don't get told what's happening behind the scenes either. So nobody knows why we are sitting and just waiting for time to pass.

 


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 137 of 333 < 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out