You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Covid vaccine
October 25 2021 1.18am

Covid vaccine

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 106 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 01 Jan 21 10.59pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Of course I have asked them to get vaccinated. And also to consider how they would feel if they brought the virus into the Home.

How that is talking down to them is simply in your imagination

So you do admit influencing staff into making a health choice and did you take into account with these pearls of wisdom that the government have already stated that having the vaccine doesnít mean you canít pass it on. So Iím really not sure what entitles you to give people health advice.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 01 Jan 21 11.03pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

My wife and I both being over 65 are 5th down the priority list and the general expectancy was that we would receive the vaccine sometime in March.

Given what we are hearing about the supply chain and the farcical situation regarding the hiring of volunteers to assist in administering the jabs I suspect it could be the middle of the year before we receive the call-up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 01 Jan 21 11.09pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

So you do admit influencing staff into making a health choice and did you take into account with these pearls of wisdom that the government have already stated that having the vaccine doesnít mean you canít pass it on. So Iím really not sure what entitles you to give people health advice.

Oh boy, for the hard of thinking

I got a virologist from PHE to do a Zoom call to myth bust

I now give up on you as it is clear you have some kind of agenda. Probably bitten by a scientist when young.

Edited by Mapletree (01 Jan 2021 11.26pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 01 Jan 21 11.32pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

So you forced low paid care assistants to get the vaccine? I can't blame you as the way you see it you are protecting people. However, you cannot be entirely sure there are no side effects.
There are 80 people in a case currently for a recent vaccine that even the WHO admits causes narcolepsy. Are you going to dismiss it as conspiracy theory or scaremongering?

[Link]

Different kind of vaccine, more researched, not showing any adverse signs so far.

Your Irish case was about someone having a vaccine known to have issues without being offered the safer alternative that was available at the time. That was the main point at stake.

[Link]

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 02 Jan 21 12.24am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

So you do admit influencing staff into making a health choice and did you take into account with these pearls of wisdom that the government have already stated that having the vaccine doesnít mean you canít pass it on. So Iím really not sure what entitles you to give people health advice.

That's an unknown, if anything the thought is leaning towards it being likely that it does limit likelihood of passing it in. This is something that should effectively be known one way or the other in a month or so. Those working with the elderly and vulnerable should strongly consider getting vaccinated. Much in the same way, nurses and doctors spreading covid between themselves and to patients is a real problem, so they should be vaccinated ASAP too.

We can't have it both ways. If we're criticising people being encouraged to take the vaccine, questions can also be asked of those treating it like not bothering is an option that can't impact the individual or others negatively. For instance, people should be actively encouraging their elderly loved ones to get vaccinated. If their input is instead 'do what you want', 'who cares', 'i have my doubts' then the result of that contribution may come back to haunt them and more importantly those on the receiving end of their bad advice.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 02 Jan 21 10.27am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Oh boy, for the hard of thinking

I got a virologist from PHE to do a Zoom call to myth bust

I now give up on you as it is clear you have some kind of agenda. Probably bitten by a scientist when young.

Edited by Mapletree (01 Jan 2021 11.26pm)

Really! Thatís a convenient sentence to add on late in the day. I have no agenda whatsoever, but when you post that you are actively coercing staff to take the vaccine because you believe it will help your business then Iím afraid you have lost all credibility as it is not within your remit as an employer to do this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 02 Jan 21 10.33am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Really! Thatís a convenient sentence to add on late in the day. I have no agenda whatsoever, but when you post that you are actively coercing staff to take the vaccine because you believe it will help your business then Iím afraid you have lost all credibility as it is not within your remit as an employer to do this.

You were too stupid to ask how I was Ďinfluencingí.

I anticipate all Care Homes making it a term of employment for Care Assistants to have the vaccine, probably with some exceptions.

Not my remit?

And no, again to see if it gets through this time. I donít own the business and I am highly employable. I am not trying to defend a business per se. I am trying to save lives

Do you actually care about old people?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 02 Jan 21 10.40am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

That's an unknown, if anything the thought is leaning towards it being likely that it does limit likelihood of passing it in. This is something that should effectively be known one way or the other in a month or so. Those working with the elderly and vulnerable should strongly consider getting vaccinated. Much in the same way, nurses and doctors spreading covid between themselves and to patients is a real problem, so they should be vaccinated ASAP too.

We can't have it both ways. If we're criticising people being encouraged to take the vaccine, questions can also be asked of those treating it like not bothering is an option that can't impact the individual or others negatively. For instance, people should be actively encouraging their elderly loved ones to get vaccinated. If their input is instead 'do what you want', 'who cares', 'i have my doubts' then the result of that contribution may come back to haunt them and more importantly those on the receiving end of their bad advice.

Youíre right it is an unknown and is being actively spoken of as an unknown by all medical advisors. Trying to tell people otherwise is untruthful and to say that people might die if you do not have the vaccine yourself is at best melodramatic and at worse coercive nonsense.

The people who should be having the vaccine are the old and vulnerable. Coercing staff who may not want the vaccine for any number of reasons is just plain wrong.

Iíll repeat the stats for healthy people under 60. Deaths of less than 400 out of a total of 70,000+

This is not about whether you should have the vaccine, itís about the rights of individuals to have a choice.

I will not change my opinion on this until:

1) the vaccine is proved 100% safe and impact free on matters such as fertility.
2) it is proven that to have the vaccine prevents you carrying and transmitting the virus to others.

Edited by Eaglecoops (02 Jan 2021 10.50am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 02 Jan 21 10.55am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

You are a man who was telling us recently that taking vitamin D was the answer to all our problems, so I would question your opinions based on that alone.

Why do you plant lies in otherwise reasonable posts?

Do you think this is ĎThe Unbelievable Truthí?

I have recommended vitamin D as a precaution, on the basis that is what CCUs including ITUs do as soon as people arrive with COVID-19.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 02 Jan 21 10.57am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

You were too stupid to ask how I was Ďinfluencingí.

I anticipate all Care Homes making it a term of employment for Care Assistants to have the vaccine, probably with some exceptions.

Not my remit?

And no, again to see if it gets through this time. I donít own the business and I am highly employable. I am not trying to defend a business per se. I am trying to save lives

Do you actually care about old people?

Perfect, so you thought you should jump the gun and get in early by utilising your vast medical knowledge of the virus and itís possible side effects. I really hope there are zero side effects for younger people who donít necessarily need to take it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 02 Jan 21 11.15am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Perfect, so you thought you should jump the gun and get in early by utilising your vast medical knowledge of the virus and itís possible side effects. I really hope there are zero side effects for younger people who donít necessarily need to take it.

No, I thought I would address blindingly obvious lies like the vaccine is made of babies. So I brought in a specialist and also made sure I showed a lead by having the vaccine first.

And saying young people don't need to take the vaccine just demonstrates your total inability to grasp the situation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 02 Jan 21 11.29am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Perfect, so you thought you should jump the gun and get in early by utilising your vast medical knowledge of the virus and itís possible side effects. I really hope there are zero side effects for younger people who donít necessarily need to take it.

What if it prevented transmission but made
1 in 1000 a jaffa ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 106 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Covid vaccine