You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US politics
May 26 2022 2.34am

US politics

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 227 of 235 < 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 May 22 7.34pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


Liars certainly do create problems Mr ex Marketing manager.

Ok, tell me what Carlson said that wasn't true.....be specific.

Edited by Stirlingsays (08 May 2022 1.35pm)

I am not going to watch that diatribe again. It was all spurious, unsubstantiated claims and urban myths. So, all of it.

The basic premise was that the Democrats are a bunch of "lefty" no goods, not fit to hold office, who ignored criminal acts for their own reasons.

Do you really expect me to try and be specific about such general nonsense?

If you don't recognise that as just political mud being hurled at the fan, and blown towards the already biased, then I feel sorry for you. It's just a pot stirrer, designed to wind up the gullible. Nothing new or interesting. All old hat, boring and discredited.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 08 May 22 7.52pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I am not going to watch that diatribe again. It was all spurious, unsubstantiated claims and urban myths. So, all of it.

The basic premise was that the Democrats are a bunch of "lefty" no goods, not fit to hold office, who ignored criminal acts for their own reasons.

Do you really expect me to try and be specific about such general nonsense?

If you don't recognise that as just political mud being hurled at the fan, and blown towards the already biased, then I feel sorry for you. It's just a pot stirrer, designed to wind up the gullible. Nothing new or interesting. All old hat, boring and discredited.

So as expected.

You have nothing but slurs.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 May 22 9.28pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

So as expected.

You have nothing but slurs.

Not at all.

I was just commenting, very accurately, on the slurs which Tucker Carlson made.

You cannot "slur" a slur. You can only point out it is one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View OldFella's Profile OldFella Flag London 09 May 22 2.45pm Send a Private Message to OldFella Add OldFella as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Not at all.

I was just commenting, very accurately, on the slurs which Tucker Carlson made.

You cannot "slur" a slur. You can only point out it is one.

I've come to the carefully considered opinion that Wisbech Eagle is a parody account. It is the only plausible explanation.

 


Jackson.. Wan Bissaka.... Sansom.. Nicholas.. Cannon.. Guehi.... Zaha... Thomas.. Byrne... Holton.. Rogers.. that should do it..

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 May 22 3.56pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by OldFella

I've come to the carefully considered opinion that Wisbech Eagle is a parody account. It is the only plausible explanation.

If only, at least we would get some laughs.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 May 22 10.39pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by OldFella

I've come to the carefully considered opinion that Wisbech Eagle is a parody account. It is the only plausible explanation.

You need to consider again, because it isn't.

It's mine. I am real. A supporter for 68 years, who detests some attitudes displayed far too regularly here. I remember standing on the Holmesdale terrace for many seasons and being surrounded by happy people having a good time. Not a trace back then of the vitriol and abusive natures to be found here. There was banter, but never offence.

I call things as I see them. Disagree all you want to, but the opinions stated are real.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 09 May 22 10.44pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You need to consider again, because it isn't.

It's mine. I am real. A supporter for 68 years, who detests some attitudes displayed far too regularly here. I remember standing on the Holmesdale terrace for many seasons and being surrounded by happy people having a good time. Not a trace back then of the vitriol and abusive natures to be found here. There was banter, but never offence.

I call things as I see them. Disagree all you want to, but the opinions stated are real.

Go read the bbs, that is abusive towards fellow Palace fans who dare to have a different opinion to their majority. HOL pales into insignificance. Of course, the Brexit thread on there is right up your street

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 May 22 9.49am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Go read the bbs, that is abusive towards fellow Palace fans who dare to have a different opinion to their majority. HOL pales into insignificance. Of course, the Brexit thread on there is right up your street

Rarely even look at the BBS, as I don't like the format.

I don't doubt that there are abusive people there too. It seems endemic on social media these days. Whether it's better, or worse would depend, I suspect, which side of the debate you are on.

I have though read the Brexit thread there on occasions, but seeking confirmation of my own views is not something that interests me. I left the comfort blankets in my pram 75 years ago.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 10 May 22 8.12pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Musk announces that he will unban Donald Trump, calling the ban 'morally incorrect'.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 11 May 22 7.44am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Musk announces that he will unban Donald Trump, calling the ban 'morally incorrect'.

About time a ridiculous political stunt by Twitter. Some of the most vilest regimes and people still have Twitter accounts and yet the real threat is Trump.

I have always thought Trump was an idiot but to ban the democratically elected head of state whilst allowing some other disgusting individuals and states was just plain wrong.

I also notice that here our government has announced plans to strengthen free speech in law. About time to but what this really means who knows, we shall be watching.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 11 May 22 7.54am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

United Nations announces Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum and UN General Secretary Antonio Guterres have signed an agreement to ‘accelerate’ Agenda 2030.

Agenda 2030 is essentially western elites deciding that you the common people will pay for climate change - 'sustainable development' using a time table they decided on.

Just remember, you are told you can control the elites apparently. The 'mystical' elites who, if they do exist, only act in your best interests.

None of this involves your required consent.

Notice how no one in the mainstream political sphere is offering you an option against the 'green tax' where you energy bills are lowered by around 25 percent or even a slow down or reduced percent.

How is that democracy?

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 11 May 22 8.31am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

United Nations announces Klaus Schwab of the World Economic Forum and UN General Secretary Antonio Guterres have signed an agreement to ‘accelerate’ Agenda 2030.

Agenda 2030 is essentially western elites deciding that you the common people will pay for climate change - 'sustainable development' using a time table they decided on.

Just remember, you are told you can control the elites apparently. The 'mystical' elites who, if they do exist, only act in your best interests.

None of this involves your required consent.

Notice how no one in the mainstream political sphere is offering you an option against the 'green tax' where you energy bills are lowered by around 25 percent or even a slow down or reduced percent.

How is that democracy?

Exactly easiest way to help people right now is to scrap the green element of our energy bills. People will be trying to save energy anyway due to the cost. They can always reinstate later when things have normalised.

The Greens will complain but so what. Reducing our carbon emissions is not the same as taxing people, there are other alternatives.

Edited by Badger11 (11 May 2022 8.31am)

Edited by Badger11 (11 May 2022 8.33am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 227 of 235 < 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US politics