You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Keep Roy
April 16 2021 12.14pm

Keep Roy

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 19 Mar 21 9.46am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Simplify this a bit. Same team minus Zaha, same manager, equals probable relegation next season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Mar 21 9.55am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

I get the feeling that an announcement of Mr Hodgson staying for a further season and some contracts for the "Old guard" being extended will not be well received many of our supporters.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 19 Mar 21 10.29am Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Simplify this a bit. Same team minus Zaha, same manager, equals probable relegation next season.

Yes good point re Wilf. Thatís a good question. If you could keep Roy or keep Wilf next season who would you pick? Would Wilf be more likely to stay if we had a more attack - minded manager?

 


ďYou miss 100 per cent of the shots you donít takeĒ

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 19 Mar 21 10.44am Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

There is is the need for teams like ourselves to stay in this league, for the money, and the kudos of playing the mega outfits that regularly take on the might of Europe.
The problem being , that is all we are, clubs with bigger support and history now find they are little better off than us, if better at all in this respect.
If we are to be more concerned with style over substance then we have to accept we could have to practise it at a lower level.
Dreams of entering fully into the big time in a prolonged and financially sustained way is just that. Newcastle , are an example of how difficult it would be,. One team town. Huge gates, one hell of a good ground, a hot bed of basic talent on the doorstep., reasonable finance. Presently scrambling to stay in the league.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 19 Mar 21 11.07am Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Simplify this a bit. Same team minus Zaha, same manager, equals probable relegation next season.

Surely itís more a question of . What the hell is this board going to do if they lose Wilf.?The result of losing Roy, remains guess work, the effects of no Wilf, would be fatal if the team wasnít completely reinvented.


Edited by Putitout (19 Mar 2021 11.08am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 19 Mar 21 2.00pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Davepalace707

Yes good point re Wilf. Thatís a good question. If you could keep Roy or keep Wilf next season who would you pick? Would Wilf be more likely to stay if we had a more attack - minded manager?


Wilf wants to move to a club that will be playing European club football. I suggest the type of manager at Palace is unlikely to be a factor in his reasoning/desires.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Mar 21 2.09pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Wilf wants to move to a club that will be playing European club football. I suggest the type of manager at Palace is unlikely to be a factor in his reasoning/desires.

Indeed.

I don't think there are vast swathes of our support base expecting to see Zaha at our club next season.
Zaha will be 29 later this year and one suspects his sale will provide the majority of funds for our transfer activity.

Edited by Willo (19 Mar 2021 2.10pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 19 Mar 21 4.44pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

We are in the strange position of having experienced some truly awful performances this season, yet find ourselves on 37 points and close to securing another season in the PL.

Consequently, I really don't know what to feel about the season, and Roy. Surviving another season is I suppose mission accomplished.

The reality is that if Roy doesn't go this summer he will surely do so next year. So at some point sooner or later Parish has to find a replacement, and whoever we choose, will bring a degree of risk with them. But then there is also a risk that Roy's fortunes will finally desert him if he stays. Better the devil you know, or fortune favours the brave - take your pick!

Personally the thought of another season of the turgid mind numbing stuff we have seen of late horrifies me
( and I have just renewed my season ticket).

I don't entirely hold with the view that Roy is doing the best with what he has available. I know we haven't been playing like Real Madrid in the last couple of seasons, but, with very much the same personnel, we did sometimes come out of our shell and attack the opposition goal. Now though, Roy seems to have engendered a kind of paralysis in the team where there appears to be a fear and antipathy of moving into the attacking half of the field.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Mar 21 4.53pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

We are in the strange position of having experienced some truly awful performances this season, yet find ourselves on 37 points and close to securing another season in the PL.

Consequently, I really don't know what to feel about the season, and Roy. Surviving another season is I suppose mission accomplished.

The reality is that if Roy doesn't go this summer he will surely do so next year. So at some point sooner or later Parish has to find a replacement, and whoever we choose, will bring a degree of risk with them. But then there is also a risk that Roy's fortunes will finally desert him if he stays. Better the devil you know, or fortune favours the brave - take your pick!

Personally the thought of another season of the turgid mind numbing stuff we have seen of late horrifies me
( and I have just renewed my season ticket).

I don't entirely hold with the view that Roy is doing the best with what he has available. I know we haven't been playing like Real Madrid in the last couple of seasons, but, with very much the same personnel, we did sometimes come out of our shell and attack the opposition goal. Now though, Roy seems to have engendered a kind of paralysis in the team where there appears to be a fear and antipathy of moving into the attacking half of the field.

Perhaps you would be advised to spend Saturday's watching your local team Hassocks at the 'Beacon'. !!
I have been there a few times!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 19 Mar 21 5.06pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Perhaps you would be advised to spend Saturday's watching your local team Hassocks at the 'Beacon'. !!
I have been there a few times!

I don't doubt it would provide more entertainment than Palace do at present. And it would be certainly be a lot cheaper! I could even cycle to the to the "stadium" in 10 minutes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 19 Mar 21 5.21pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

The point is if you play good exciting football you get headlines. Albeit the UK has its fanbase, it is the whole 7 billion of the world which brings in finance. Manure have their fanbase because of that. Winning things and getting headlines. I would imagine billions are made outside the UK in their name. Im not putting us in that bracket but if this goes PPV then who is going to pay to watch us.
20k season ticket holders and a few day tickets.
Thats about it. When we did crytstanbul I think the headlines for that may have got us fans willing to pay to watch us. Now they're probably wondering why they bought the shirt. I get you need to crawl, walk,run but 8 years and we still don't appear ambitious. Why?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Mar 21 6.16pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

The point is if you play good exciting football you get headlines. Albeit the UK has its fanbase, it is the whole 7 billion of the world which brings in finance. Manure have their fanbase because of that. Winning things and getting headlines. I would imagine billions are made outside the UK in their name. Im not putting us in that bracket but if this goes PPV then who is going to pay to watch us.
20k season ticket holders and a few day tickets.
Thats about it. When we did crytstanbul I think the headlines for that may have got us fans willing to pay to watch us. Now they're probably wondering why they bought the shirt. I get you need to crawl, walk,run but 8 years and we still don't appear ambitious. Why?

I noticed we picked up some international fans, mostly Americans. I do wonder how they feel about our play. I find myself less interested but that could be Covid as much as the rubbish football.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Keep Roy