You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Everton v Palace Match Thread
April 16 2021 8.21am

Everton v Palace Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 20 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View kevlee's Profile kevlee Flag born Wandsworth emigrated to Lanc... 05 Apr 21 10.57pm Send a Private Message to kevlee Add kevlee as a friend

A good point. The game could have gone either way. We had more of the ball and showed plenty of spirit. I was expecting a defeat so not unhappy at all.

 


Following Palace since 25 Feb 1978

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 05 Apr 21 11.43pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Look at the stats, we thoroughly deserved a point

Originally posted by Daddyorc

Who here thinks that Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin will have nightmares about Guieta tonight?

Also, we did not deserve the point in this game, they should have won it. However, unlike some of our games, this game was very entertaining. Had we lost 1-0 I still would have enjoyed watching it (although not as much as 1-1).

 


Let's see SP and the board trying to line up for a piss in the AW toilets at half time before peddling the new stand. We're the Arthur over here and the facilities are a disgrace

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wilbraham413's Profile Wilbraham413 Flag 05 Apr 21 11.51pm Send a Private Message to Wilbraham413 Add Wilbraham413 as a friend

I hate Richarlison, but I would love him on our team. He was all over the place today. We could use some intensity like that.

 


2017 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Middlesboro
2018 Jan. (Sako) Palace 1 - 0 Burnley
2019 May (Batshuayi, Batshuayi, OG, Van Aanholt, Townsend) Palace 5 - 3 Bournemouth
2020 Feb. (Van Aanholt) Palace 1 - 0 Newcastle

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 06 Apr 21 4.13am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


Hate to single him out but what is PVAs role? Heís not reliable defending and has Wilf and Eze wide in front of him. He gets caught out of position too often.

Disagree, thought he attacked with purpose tonight. Him, Eze and Wilf are a nightmare for defenders out on that left flank.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Online Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 06 Apr 21 8.14am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Missing chances gives you no entitlement when it comes to winning games. I thought we totally deserved a point.

Most of the opportunities that Everton had were more about our errors than their creativity. They look well short of being a top 4 team.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View slubglurge's Profile slubglurge Flag welling 06 Apr 21 8.25am Send a Private Message to slubglurge Add slubglurge as a friend

I enjoyed watching us be a lot easier on the eye but i thought we were poor defensively. Everton found it very easy to create chances. The positioning of our CBs was alarming at times and were disected far too often.VG was great and a good finish from Bats whose problem is that he is just a goalscorer and Roy prefers his strikers to be defenders first and goalscorers second.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 06 Apr 21 8.27am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Missing chances gives you no entitlement when it comes to winning games. I thought we totally deserved a point.

Most of the opportunities that Everton had were more about our errors than their creativity. They look well short of being a top 4 team.

Our home game against them was much the same where we played the better football again, they won 2-1 with that dodgy Ward handball penalty crap and went on to be the darlings of football for seven games when in all reality they are just above average.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 06 Apr 21 9.14am Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Disagree, thought he attacked with purpose tonight. Him, Eze and Wilf are a nightmare for defenders out on that left flank.

I really think we will miss PVA when he leaves at the end of the season. The modern full back is more about getting forward and providing an extra threat in the final third. PVA gets forwards well and is composed in the final third with good link up play. Compare him to Ward on the other flank and you can see the difference. Ward better defensively but will only play a long ball down the flank when in possession in our half or will try to whip in an immediate cross when in the final third. Unable to play a decisive forwards ball to an attackers feet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View fish mitten's Profile fish mitten Online Flag Chelmsford 06 Apr 21 9.26am Send a Private Message to fish mitten Add fish mitten as a friend

I agree. PVA would make a good wing back in a back 5.
There would be extra cover for when he bombs forward and the play breaks down leaving us exposed.

Originally posted by Mwncisee

I really think we will miss PVA when he leaves at the end of the season. The modern full back is more about getting forward and providing an extra threat in the final third. PVA gets forwards well and is composed in the final third with good link up play. Compare him to Ward on the other flank and you can see the difference. Ward better defensively but will only play a long ball down the flank when in possession in our half or will try to whip in an immediate cross when in the final third. Unable to play a decisive forwards ball to an attackers feet.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jefroc's Profile Jefroc Flag Crete 06 Apr 21 9.29am Send a Private Message to Jefroc Add Jefroc as a friend

I see Garth Crooks chose Kayoute for his Team of the Week not only saying he was "brilliant" last night but has been for a while! That should upset some Palace fans:-) !!

 


Always remembering walking from the Holmesdale to the Whitehorse end at half time!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 06 Apr 21 9.33am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Disagree, thought he attacked with purpose tonight. Him, Eze and Wilf are a nightmare for defenders out on that left flank.

This is why I was reluctant to mention him but three people out on the left all trying to set up Benteke? Personally Iíd like to see Mateta / Bats either start or come on much earlier to play off him.
I know itís old fashioned but I like defenders who can defend and PVA for all his attacking qualities doesnít inspire confidence.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 06 Apr 21 9.45am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

This is why I was reluctant to mention him but three people out on the left all trying to set up Benteke? Personally Iíd like to see Mateta / Bats either start or come on much earlier to play off him.
I know itís old fashioned but I like defenders who can defend and PVA for all his attacking qualities doesnít inspire confidence.

A modern day full-back !
He has always been regarded as better coming forward than defending, a 'Charge' laid at the door of Trent Alexander-Arnold amongst others.

PVA has scored 20 PL goals during his time with us and Sunderland, which is admirable for a defender and could be the most PL goals scored by a defender currently playing.


Edited by Willo (06 Apr 2021 9.53am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 20 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Everton v Palace Match Thread