You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Hodgson Announcement
August 2 2021 9.18am

Hodgson Announcement

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 14 of 16 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View doombear's Profile doombear Online Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 20 May 21 1.32pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by cpfccccc

Jeeagles, please stop, you are making yourself look a bit of an idiot

You are not down the pub with your mates where emotion and pride can sometimes take over in arguments/discussions. You can just take a breath and let it go

You and countless others have repeated your thoughts on Roy over and over again on the numerous Roy in/out posts, so do you really think as Midlands has said that in a thread where people are paying their respects to a manager, that you need to attack Roy?

On a thread where other posters who were Anti Roy, have come out and acknowledged the great job Roy has done, then it shows a real lack of class and judgement to carry on as you are doing

You don't have to agree with the sentiments but can't you just let it go and look forward to a new manager?


Let's wait and see.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 20 May 21 3.01pm

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

To be honest I think a lot of the responses to you were a bit hysterical and typical crass football discussion board responses given the content of your post. Indeed I have seen far worse posts in the Politics section which received less vitriolic responses.

This is a board for debating and some will not like what others post. You have your view which I agree with in part but not all. I believe Roy has many good and honourable traits but I have never been a fan of his footballing style and have made that clear on numerous occasions.

I have little to comment on Roy going as I have wanted him out for a while however I do gratefully acknowledge his contribution to the club in keeping us up and out of trouble and wish him a happy retirement if that is what he is going to do. I can get no more excited about him as a manager as his tactics have bored me rigid for about three of the four years in charge.

To sum up for me, nice bloke, competent manager, loved the fact that he was a Palace fan but ultimately pleased that he has decided to call it a day. Bring on the new guy and hopefully some money to back him.


Agree with all the above.

Some of the responses to Jeeagles have I agree with, been a bit hysterical.

Jeeagles comments were not my views but this is a forum and as a fellow Palace fan he has his right to express his opinions.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Inside IR35 20 May 21 3.10pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by glazedallover


yes, I should have used 'total' rather than 'complete' , but I liked the alliteration.

A sentiment shared by many. Please rest easy in the sure and certain knowledge that you well and truly took one for the team there.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 20 May 21 3.10pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle


Agree with all the above.

Some of the responses to Jeeagles have I agree with, been a bit hysterical.

Jeeagles comments were not my views but this is a forum and as a fellow Palace fan he has his right to express his opinions.

Tom, I have no issues with his opinions. And of course on an internet forum there will be differences.

Personal and unfounded attacks on Hodgson though...for me that's a different matter.

But I am not without blame myself, by responding to an attention seeker.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Inside IR35 20 May 21 3.15pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Tom, I have no issues with his opinions. And of course on an internet forum there will be differences.

Personal and unfounded attacks on Hodgson though...for me that's a different matter.

But I am not without blame myself, by responding to an attention seeker.

Calling someone out for blatant ignorance and the demonstration of an egregious lack of class is a definition of 'hysteria' that I was hitherto unaware of.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 20 May 21 3.30pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

Calling someone out for blatant ignorance and the demonstration of an egregious lack of class is a definition of 'hysteria' that I was hitherto unaware of.

Keep them coming cucking. You're only confirming I was right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ex hibitionist's Profile ex hibitionist Flag Hastings 20 May 21 7.15pm Send a Private Message to ex hibitionist Add ex hibitionist as a friend

when the tit for tat goes on too long there are only tits left. Roy's footy wasn't particularly or regularly boring for the first two years (Chelsea, Leicester home and away - the 3-0 at their place was one of the best ever displays by a Palace team imho), but when we only spent 5 out of the 50 mil we got for AWB his hands were tied and we had to become more defensive, definitely too defensive on several occasions, but the signings of Ayew and McCarthy for 5mil were masterstrokes that were key in us avoiding the drop, but our less defensive displays this season got us wins as well as hidings so while it has been one of the less exciting seasons we've had, it is still a success - and who can forget Brighton away, and Roy's successful perseveerence with Benteke. I didn't want another season of Roy either but I wouldn't like to say I'm glad to see the back of him - 'good riddance' was honest, we're all trying to get a response, just a bit clumsy. I once wished for the Nissan car plant in Sunderland to relocate to Europe on the News thread, much more shameful.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 20 May 21 9.15pm

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

when the tit for tat goes on too long there are only tits left. Roy's footy wasn't particularly or regularly boring for the first two years (Chelsea, Leicester home and away - the 3-0 at their place was one of the best ever displays by a Palace team imho), but when we only spent 5 out of the 50 mil we got for AWB his hands were tied and we had to become more defensive, definitely too defensive on several occasions, but the signings of Ayew and McCarthy for 5mil were masterstrokes that were key in us avoiding the drop, but our less defensive displays this season got us wins as well as hidings so while it has been one of the less exciting seasons we've had, it is still a success - and who can forget Brighton away, and Roy's successful perseveerence with Benteke. I didn't want another season of Roy either but I wouldn't like to say I'm glad to see the back of him - 'good riddance' was honest, we're all trying to get a response, just a bit clumsy. I once wished for the Nissan car plant in Sunderland to relocate to Europe on the News thread, much more shameful.

I remember your Nissan comment. We have all made dicks of ourselves on here at sometime or other, me probably more than others

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Online Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 20 May 21 9.41pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

I remember your Nissan comment. We have all made dicks of ourselves on here at sometime or other, me probably more than others


You have to get it in somehow don't you Tom?!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 20 May 21 9.55pm

Originally posted by doombear


You have to get it in somehow don't you Tom?!

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 20 May 21 10.20pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by ex hibitionist

when the tit for tat goes on too long there are only tits left. Roy's footy wasn't particularly or regularly boring for the first two years (Chelsea, Leicester home and away - the 3-0 at their place was one of the best ever displays by a Palace team imho), but when we only spent 5 out of the 50 mil we got for AWB his hands were tied and we had to become more defensive, definitely too defensive on several occasions, but the signings of Ayew and McCarthy for 5mil were masterstrokes that were key in us avoiding the drop, but our less defensive displays this season got us wins as well as hidings so while it has been one of the less exciting seasons we've had, it is still a success - and who can forget Brighton away, and Roy's successful perseveerence with Benteke. I didn't want another season of Roy either but I wouldn't like to say I'm glad to see the back of him - 'good riddance' was honest, we're all trying to get a response, just a bit clumsy. I once wished for the Nissan car plant in Sunderland to relocate to Europe on the News thread, much more shameful.

Nicely put. But I'm concerned that you may have tits and cunce mixed up.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 21 May 21 3.43am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Roy kept us in the league... he was respectful throughout, credit has to be given for that alone.

Thanks Roy, forever grateful.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 14 of 16 < 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Hodgson Announcement