You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > U23's V S'land Play-Off Final
June 23 2021 10.38am

U23's V S'land Play-Off Final

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 8 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 25 May 21 10.54am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Morning all . . .

Well now, what a result, what a night, what a game. Ok, the game wernt pretty, BUT, who cares, we won. Well done the crowd, they really lifted the lads, you could see it, especially in ET. As for the Pens, nervy, but, imo, i dont think the lads that took them were that fazed, its as if Shaun Derry had practised them prior to the game, just incase.

Here are the links to match report, pics & SD

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

Highlights to follow. Special thanks to ASCPFC for running comms. One 'sour' note WTF was all that Dunk & Br1-3ton crap about l/n? Totally uncalled for & couldve spoilt a damm good evening. Idiots!

As I posted earlier I thought the Dunk chanting was disgraceful. One thing if we are playing Brighton but ffs Palace v Sunderland U23!! Also why were they insisting on calling Sunderland dirty northern b******s not many bad tackles in whole game. I think the crowd did help, some Sunderland players looked surprised at turnout and volume

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 25 May 21 10.56am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by ambrose7

One I didn't call out last night and should have - I thought Ollie Webber had a really good game in goal. A couple of smart saves and talked well throughout the game to stop the defence dropping deep. There were a couple of awkward crosses in the first half that could have been dealt with better, but all in all he showed promise.

I like Webber, couple of excellent saves. Bit dubious about how he deals with crosses but he is learning. If I were to be ultra critical when it came to penalties thought he was moving to quickly and gave the player time to change his mind, but that is nitpicking

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 25 May 21 11.00am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

For those who want to see/re-live last night . . .

[Link]

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Frickin Saweet's Profile Frickin Saweet Flag Just outside The Cronx 25 May 21 11.03am Send a Private Message to Frickin Saweet Add Frickin Saweet as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I like Webber, couple of excellent saves. Bit dubious about how he deals with crosses but he is learning. If I were to be ultra critical when it came to penalties thought he was moving to quickly and gave the player time to change his mind, but that is nitpicking

thought he was lucky not to be penalised for moving off his line before ball was kicked during penalties. If he'd have saved one I think the ref would have done something about it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 25 May 21 11.11am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

For those who want to see/re-live last night . . .

[Link]

Also, the Derry post match interview is excellent. He speaks with pride and passion, a true leader.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 25 May 21 11.28am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Also, the Derry post match interview is excellent. He speaks with pride and passion, a true leader.

Good point, here ya go . . .

[Link]

Also how about Reece Hannam . . .

[Link]

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag bristol 25 May 21 11.40am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Had we not got stuffed earlier in the season by any of Spurs Norwich and Fleetwood Town (!) we would have topped the U18 "south" table and played Man City instead of Fulham in the "final" - perhaps we would have done better than the 3-1 defeat given the form they showed from March. Remember we beat Fulham home and away.

Imagine success in U23 and U18 at first time of asking.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 25 May 21 11.56am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by thai-eagle

Well done, lads of Under-18 & 23! Hopefully, our new manager will seriously give some of the youngsters a chance. Think maybe the lack of interest from Hodgson regarding the Academy, was a thing Parish had in mind when parting with Roy.


Where on earth do you get that idea from? Hodgson regularly watched the Academy home games. He had Hannam on the first team bench for several games as cover when Mitchell was injured, and, of course had Rak-Sakyi on it for the last couple of games. He also had the better prospects training with the first team on a number of occasions.

So I ask the question again, where on earth did you get the idea that Hodgson wasn't interested in the Academy?

Edited by doombear (25 May 2021 12.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 25 May 21 12.00pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Morning all . . .

Well now, what a result, what a night, what a game. Ok, the game wernt pretty, BUT, who cares, we won. Well done the crowd, they really lifted the lads, you could see it, especially in ET. As for the Pens, nervy, but, imo, i dont think the lads that took them were that fazed, its as if Shaun Derry had practised them prior to the game, just incase.

Here are the links to match report, pics & SD

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

[Link]

Highlights to follow. Special thanks to ASCPFC for running comms. One 'sour' note WTF was all that Dunk & Br1-3ton crap about l/n? Totally uncalled for & couldve spoilt a damm good evening. Idiots!


In his post=match interview, Derry said they'd been practising pens during the previous couple of weeks.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 25 May 21 12.14pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

As I posted earlier I thought the Dunk chanting was disgraceful. One thing if we are playing Brighton but ffs Palace v Sunderland U23!! Also why were they insisting on calling Sunderland dirty northern b******s not many bad tackles in whole game. I think the crowd did help, some Sunderland players looked surprised at turnout and volume

I didn't hear the Dunk chanting over the stream.

Thought the crowd was great apart from that obviously and you could see how much it meant to our u23s when they were celebrating at the end. The scenes at the end of the match were great to see.

Defo potential in O'Brien and JRB, maybe stil a little way off being ready for the first team but hopefully they get involved in training and maybe a decent loan move.

Hannam looks another prospect who reminds me quite a bit of Moxey... tenacious tackler and gets up and down the flank well.

Rak-Sakyi and Omilabu will hopefully also progress up to u23 level next season where they will be really tested to see what they may be able to offer the first team.

...oh ye and what a cracking set of penalties.

Well done to Shaun and the boys.
COYP

Edited by samprior (25 May 2021 12.14pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 25 May 21 12.19pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Frickin Saweet

after we scored the winning pen, the players ran over to the corner of the main stand and celebrated with a bunch of much younger kids, who all seemed to be in the same age bracket and wearing the same clothes - was this pure coincidence or did the team celebrate with e.g. one of the younger academy groups - there seemed to be some form of acquaintance between the two groups. Of course it could just have been where they ended but but if it was a gesture to a younger age group then it's a lovely touch of maturity from the U23 to do something like that for the next generation coming through, when they're in their relative infancy themselves

On the commentary they said it was a group of players from other age groups plus probably some family who seemed to also be in that stand. You could see them all move down to the corner once it was decided to take the pens down at that end.

It was really nice seeing all the celebrations and important for younger players to see or experience as it can strengthen their connection with the club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 25 May 21 1.13pm Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Where on earth do you get that idea from? Hodgson regularly watched the Academy home games. He had Hannam on the first team bench for several games as cover when Mitchell was injured, and, of course had Rak-Sakyi on it for the last couple of games. He also had the better prospects training with the first team on a number of occasions.

So I ask the question again, where on earth did you get the idea that Hodgson wasn't interested in the Academy?

Edited by doombear (25 May 2021 12.03pm)

Watching them, placing academy players on the bench yes. But had he any intention to put them on the pitch? Don't think so and I know that our chairman for sure is a big fan of "younger blood".
That's where I got the idea....

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 8 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > U23's V S'land Play-Off Final