You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Topic
January 21 2022 7.48am

GB news. (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 49 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Topic Locked

View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 16 Jun 21 1.14pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Why don"t we all make an effort to stop personally insulting each other and just stick to the post point? Lots of good posters have left this site because replies get personal and insulting, the site is no good without members! Spiderman, what makes you so sure katie Hopkins won"t get a gig for gb news? I would have thought she would be their number one target, do you have any reason to be so sure? Just curious mate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 16 Jun 21 1.15pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

You state you are Pro China, could you share a few policies of the Chinese government you particularly like.

Originally posted by Orange1290


Oh look, pointless contribution as predicted. Resorting to expletives (now there's a complicated word for you) defines you.

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 16 Jun 21 1.22pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

I agree with your sentiment on not insulting each other, a bit of teasing should be fine.

We don't want to turn in to BBS, I quote here a recent reply to a post ( not mine I hasten to add )

"You're that fat, dribbling racist moron who used to be on here years ago aren't you? The one who votes NF and w***s into confederate flags whilst his wife is out receiving her portion of migrant cock because you cannot satisfy her?"

Let's hope we on HOL never get to this state of affairs.

As for Katie Hopkins, I don't think anyone as thoughtful as Andrew Neill would let her in the building.

At the moment they have a mix of all sorts of opinion with the presenters.

I like that it is not London centric and has reports from all over the country which you just don't get on Sky and only on the BBC in the region in which you live.

Originally posted by croydon proud

Why don"t we all make an effort to stop personally insulting each other and just stick to the post point? Lots of good posters have left this site because replies get personal and insulting, the site is no good without members! Spiderman, what makes you so sure katie Hopkins won"t get a gig for gb news? I would have thought she would be their number one target, do you have any reason to be so sure? Just curious mate.

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 16 Jun 21 1.32pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Why don"t we all make an effort to stop personally insulting each other and just stick to the post point? Lots of good posters have left this site because replies get personal and insulting, the site is no good without members! Spiderman, what makes you so sure katie Hopkins won"t get a gig for gb news? I would have thought she would be their number one target, do you have any reason to be so sure? Just curious mate.

No reason except I am confident they wouldn’t stoop that low! As I said before I think Andrew Neil was sincere in his introduction

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 16 Jun 21 1.33pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

I agree with your sentiment on not insulting each other, a bit of teasing should be fine.

We don't want to turn in to BBS, I quote here a recent reply to a post ( not mine I hasten to add )

"You're that fat, dribbling racist moron who used to be on here years ago aren't you? The one who votes NF and w***s into confederate flags whilst his wife is out receiving her portion of migrant cock because you cannot satisfy her?"

Let's hope we on HOL never get to this state of affairs.

As for Katie Hopkins, I don't think anyone as thoughtful as Andrew Neill would let her in the building.

At the moment they have a mix of all sorts of opinion with the presenters.

I like that it is not London centric and has reports from all over the country which you just don't get on Sky and only on the BBC in the region in which you live.


I"m not sure about all sorts of opinion with the bit i saw HK, it"s a right wing led station, and the views reflect that, thats fine by me, although obviously not my bag! My initial point was how amateurish the set and set up was, I gave it a second chance and the presenters mouth and words weren"t in sinc, as I said before, I doubt it will survive long, a bit like today newspaper. That was before the advertisers started to bail out, you would think any of us could make a better set in a day than that black studio they got, and as someone posted here already, the journo interviewing someone outside, talking in to her I phone as his mike, was more you tube teenage journo than a nationwide serious attempt at broadcasting, but if you like it, enjoy!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 16 Jun 21 1.38pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

You see I think Laura is anti- government, all a matter of opinions.
I have watched GB News a couple of time, although the lips and speech not being in sync caused me to give up, however I have never heard anything that could remotely be called hatred.

But isn't this exactly the point? Most accusations of bias in reporting are probably more accurately a reflection of our own biases as we take on information

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 16 Jun 21 1.39pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

No reason except I am confident they wouldn’t stoop that low! As I said before I think Andrew Neil was sincere in his introduction

Ok mate, i didn"t realise she was hated by the left and right, in fact I thought those on the right might champion here, including GB news, did she say something particularly vulgar to upset or turn off those to the right? The answer is probably I know but what?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 16 Jun 21 1.41pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

They have Gloria de Piero who is Labour to the core, her co presenter is now going on about Starmer winning PMQ's.

Andrew N is IMHO the best political griller of our time, always prepared with facts.

I agree there is a centre rightish slant, but these days the centre is left of where it was a decade ago.

Tech teething troubles frankly expected, Sky has same.

Proof of the pudding etc will be if they are around in 6 months and how their ratings are.

Edited by HKOwen (16 Jun 2021 1.43pm)

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 16 Jun 21 1.47pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Katie Hopkins is in the same folder as Owen Jones, Femi and all the other contrarian types of all views whose livelihood depends on being controversial.

Like James O'Brien, a political Adrian Durham.

Why would you assume GB News watchers would like her, unless you are labelling all as racists etc etc

Edited by HKOwen (16 Jun 2021 1.48pm)

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 16 Jun 21 1.48pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

They have Gloria de Piero who is Labour to the core, her co presenter is now going on about Starmer winning PMQ's.

Andrew N is IMHO the best political griller of our time, always prepared with facts.

I agree there is a centre rightish slant, but these days the centre is left of where it was a decade ago.

Tech teething troubles frankly expected, Sky has same.

Proof of the pudding etc will be if they are around in 6 months and how their ratings are.

Edited by HKOwen (16 Jun 2021 1.43pm)


Yeah, Andrew Neil isn"t bad, although I think he got in some right leaning trouble a couple of years ago, maybe around brexit, still, don"t mind him. I got a feeling 6 months might be about the time the site shuts down, especially if the advertising ceases, Andrew don"t come cheap!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 16 Jun 21 1.50pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Am hoping in 6 months they are reporting on Palace's miracle performance being top at Xmas, maybe not

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 16 Jun 21 1.51pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Katie Hopkins is in the same folder as Owen Jones, Femi and all the other contrarian types of all views whose livelihood depends on being controversial.

Like James O'Brien, a political Adrian Durham.

Why would you assume GB News watchers would like her, unless you are labelling all as racists etc etc


Yes, and because of that I would have thought gb would have snapped her up, but so far not. I was curious as to why, and thought spider had inside information, as he was sure she wouldn"t be joining, alas, it was just his hunch, although she would make me turn over to be fair.
Edited by HKOwen (16 Jun 2021 1.48pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 10 of 49 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Topic