You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Plymouth shooting
September 18 2021 8.39am

Plymouth shooting

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

 

View DanH's Profile DanH Online Flag SW2 19 Aug 21 4.02pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

if you look online, our islamic terrorists ?

they seem to be either single Incels or got a young wife and a whole clatter of kids.

not so many terrorists with a childless longterm girlfriend.

I think bizarrely we’re kind of on the same wavelength here, although as always your point is difficult to actually decipher.

I think there’s probably a lot of things common that the Plymouth shooter had that the Manchester bomber had, religion aside.

Edited by DanH (19 Aug 2021 4.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Aug 21 4.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

I think bizarrely we’re kind of on the same wavelength here, although as always your point is difficult to actually decipher.

I think there’s probably a lot of things common that the Plymouth shooter had that the Manchester bomber had, religion aside.

Edited by DanH (19 Aug 2021 4.03pm)

Some.

Easier to recruit.

Still, it's also true that members have been highly educated and quite successful. It's not an incel army....Religion finds all types.

Every group has an intelligentsia......A high or higher IQ doesn't mean cultural or political agreement.

Edited by Stirlingsays (19 Aug 2021 4.10pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Online Flag SW2 19 Aug 21 4.12pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Some.

Easier to recruit.

Still, it's also true that members have been highly educated and quite successful. It's not an incel army....Religion finds all types.

Every group has an intelligentsia......A high or higher IQ doesn't mean cultural or political agreement.

Edited by Stirlingsays (19 Aug 2021 4.10pm)

Yep completely agree. Genuine question as well as I know you put a lot to IQ; do you think IQ automatically means someone who should be in charge of making decisions? Or is EQ equally important?

Edited by DanH (19 Aug 2021 4.12pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Aug 21 4.24pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Yep completely agree. Genuine question as well as I know you put a lot to IQ; do you think IQ automatically means someone who should be in charge of making decisions? Or is EQ equally important?

Edited by DanH (19 Aug 2021 4.12pm)

It's a very good question.

I think the manner of the job matters....obvioiusly you don't want highly intelligent sociopaths. I'd say that If the decisions involve building a bridge or something technical like that, then as long as the law is followed then yes IQ matters more than EI.

If the job involves people, then having social skills will matter more. Not that from my perspective that those skills means someone's a particular type.

It's job dependent......At the very top end you'd hope that meritocracy meant that they had both.

Still, when it comes down to it high IQ matters more.....too much empathy is cufflinks to shirt fronts, in other words decisions made purely on emotion are rarely good ones.....though a very high IQ is nearly always a life benefit in comparison to its alternative.

Edited by Stirlingsays (19 Aug 2021 4.25pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Online Flag SW2 19 Aug 21 4.45pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

It's a very good question.

I think the manner of the job matters....obvioiusly you don't want highly intelligent sociopaths. I'd say that If the decisions involve building a bridge or something technical like that, then as long as the law is followed then yes IQ matters more than EI.

If the job involves people, then having social skills will matter more. Not that from my perspective that those skills means someone's a particular type.

It's job dependent......At the very top end you'd hope that meritocracy meant that they had both.

Still, when it comes down to it high IQ matters more.....too much empathy is cufflinks to shirt fronts, in other words decisions made purely on emotion are rarely good ones.....though a very high IQ is nearly always a life benefit in comparison to its alternative.

Edited by Stirlingsays (19 Aug 2021 4.25pm)

I agree with you on about 90% of that I’d say. I think the only bit I differ to on that is what you call emotion I call empathy, which is a huge part of leadership. Also, unless something is fully automated or AI smart enough to do it then it involves humans to some extent so it will always be crucial.

Until the robots are smarter than us anyway.

Edited by DanH (19 Aug 2021 4.46pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Aug 21 5.12pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

I agree with you on about 90% of that I’d say. I think the only bit I differ to on that is what you call emotion I call empathy, which is a huge part of leadership. Also, unless something is fully automated or AI smart enough to do it then it involves humans to some extent so it will always be crucial.

Until the robots are smarter than us anyway.

Edited by DanH (19 Aug 2021 4.46pm)

Probably not a long way off.

Mark Zuckerberg being the first.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 19 Aug 21 5.15pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Probably not a long way off.

Mark Zuckerberg being the first.

I think Elon Musk may have an edge......

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Online Flag SW2 19 Aug 21 5.35pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Probably not a long way off.

Mark Zuckerberg being the first.

You’d still claim you were smarter

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 19 Aug 21 5.35pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

This bloke as an 'Incel' terrorist spiel is utter bulls***. He shot two men dead. And a little kid. These Incel freaks are meant to have problems with women right?

He was a f*** up who lost the plot. The REAL issue is how the hell he was allowed to get that shotgun back. That is where all the focus should be.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Online Flag SW2 19 Aug 21 5.39pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

This bloke as an 'Incel' terrorist spiel is utter bulls***. He shot two men dead. And a little kid. These Incel freaks are meant to have problems with women right?

He was a f*** up who lost the plot. The REAL issue is how the hell he was allowed to get that shotgun back. That is where all the focus should be.

Yes completely the biggest issue. But the other issue is still a big issue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 19 Aug 21 5.50pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

Yes completely the biggest issue. But the other issue is still a big issue.


But it's not. They are freaks. Weirdo's. There is no central organisation, there is no hierarchy, there is no majority agreed tenets of belief or ideology.

They just have mother issues.

Does that mean they should just be ignored? Then no. But I suspect the pathology is far more akin to Serial Killers than terrorists.

These gimps have always existed. Only difference now is that can rant on message boards with each other. A manifestation of the modern world us lot are probably guilty than most in embracing whole heartedly, hence this conversation.

You want him classified as a terrorist because he is white Dan. And that can then assuage the unease you feel about the predominance of non-white terrorists over the last few decades.

Anders Brevik was a terrorist. He attacked people based on a political ideology. This moron was just a fruit-loop. But a fruit-loop with a gun. That's the issue.

 


In 1967, when Polish mercenary Rafal Ganowicz was asked what it felt like to take human life, replied: "I wouldn't know, I've only ever killed communists."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 19 Aug 21 6.21pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

This bloke as an 'Incel' terrorist spiel is utter bulls***. He shot two men dead. And a little kid. These Incel freaks are meant to have problems with women right?

He was a f*** up who lost the plot. The REAL issue is how the hell he was allowed to get that shotgun back. That is where all the focus should be.

Bang on. This effort we see to lump in all of sundry (those on the left who seek to blame 'INCELS' and the far right, and those on the right who seek to link it to 'feminists' and 'alphabet soup' types) fail to see that even the most ardent basement dwellers very rarely behave as this guy did. There's a bit of a difference between being a dropout, and loading a gun and killing a kid. Hopefully those desperate to endlessly politicise to their own advantage will instead for once just take these utterly tragic events at face value.


Edited by BlueJay (19 Aug 2021 6.38pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Plymouth shooting