You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Stabbing of MP sir David Amess
December 1 2021 6.56pm

The Stabbing of MP sir David Amess

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 15 Oct 21 3.28pm Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Appalling news. Whatever you thought about him or the causes he stood up for, it is quite dreadful that he could be murdered in front of innocent folk waiting to ask him a question at his MP surgery.

As Hrolf said, situations like this raise a lot of questions about the state of the country.

In cases like this, when there is absolutely no doubt about the assailant, the death penalty should be reintroduced. Why waste money looking after culprits like this in prison?

They won't hang them as this will create a martyr and more copycats than either of us would wish for.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 15 Oct 21 3.41pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer


In cases like this, when there is absolutely no doubt about the assailant, the death penalty should be reintroduced. Why waste money looking after culprits like this in prison?

My preference would be solitary confinement for the rest of his days. Giving someone a quick out is the easy option when Amess' loved ones will be suffering for decades to come due to this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 15 Oct 21 3.48pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Appalling news. Whatever you thought about him or the causes he stood up for, it is quite dreadful that he could be murdered in front of innocent folk waiting to ask him a question at his MP surgery.

As Hrolf said, situations like this raise a lot of questions about the state of the country.

In cases like this, when there is absolutely no doubt about the assailant, the death penalty should be reintroduced. Why waste money looking after culprits like this in prison?

What were the causes he stood up for? I think I can guess.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 15 Oct 21 3.53pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

What were the causes he stood up for? I think I can guess.

Brexit, anti-fox hunting, disagreed with a lot of LBGT issues/ same sex marriages, I believe. Nothing that particularly stands out to warrant this. Maybe an aggrieved constituent, time will tell I suppose

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 15 Oct 21 3.56pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

My preference would be solitary confinement for the rest of his days. Giving someone a quick out is the easy option when Amess' loved ones will be suffering for decades to come due to this.

I know where you are coming from but he? will not suffer like the family even if in solitary. Always been a bit sceptical about death penalty in view of many miscarriages of justice but this is a case where maybe it should happen

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 15 Oct 21 4.13pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Brexit, anti-fox hunting, disagreed with a lot of LBGT issues/ same sex marriages, I believe. Nothing that particularly stands out to warrant this. Maybe an aggrieved constituent, time will tell I suppose

No one deserves to be physically attacked, let alone murdered, in a civilised society for their political beliefs. Horrible stuff.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davenotamonkey's Profile davenotamonkey Flag 15 Oct 21 4.22pm Send a Private Message to davenotamonkey Add davenotamonkey as a friend

Read the room, Femidom, read the room...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 15 Oct 21 4.28pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

MPs are obvious targets and both Cox and Amess were attacked away from their base of operations.

How they engage with the public needs to be changed....should have been changed some time ago.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 15 Oct 21 4.31pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

No one deserves to be physically attacked, let alone murdered, in a civilised society for their political beliefs. Horrible stuff.

Couldn’t agree more. Maybe an aggrieved constituent, who knows.
Hope family are well Dan

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 15 Oct 21 4.34pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Warrant this?

Originally posted by Spiderman

Brexit, anti-fox hunting, disagreed with a lot of LBGT issues/ same sex marriages, I believe. Nothing that particularly stands out to warrant this. Maybe an aggrieved constituent, time will tell I suppose

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 15 Oct 21 4.34pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

MPs are obvious targets and both Cox and Amess were attacked away from their base of operations.

How they engage with the public needs to be changed....should have been changed some time ago.

The lack of security that MPs get, especially after Jo Cox, I find quite staggering. Hopefully this changes it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 15 Oct 21 4.36pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Read the room, it's not a stand up

Originally posted by davenotamonkey

Read the room, Femidom, read the room...

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Stabbing of MP sir David Amess