You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Worst 5 Palace Managers (listed on Holmesdale.net)
January 26 2022 6.00am

Worst 5 Palace Managers (listed on Holmesdale.net)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 25 Oct 21 8.58am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Qwijibo

I was really excited when we got Peter Taylor, thinking we'd be signing loads of exciting U21 players.

Instead we got his son in law.

That was possibly the most under-whelming era in my time.

Peter Taylor has a better win percentage than Roy Hodgson. Someone has to say it...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View madcap_v2's Profile madcap_v2 Flag San Antonio de Portmany, Ibiza 25 Oct 21 9.53am Send a Private Message to madcap_v2 Add madcap_v2 as a friend

Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Peter Taylor has a better win percentage than Roy Hodgson. Someone has to say it...

Yeah, in the Championship...

Anyway for me, in no particular order

De Boer
Venebles (2nd stint - I wasn't old enough for his first)
Burley
Holloway (harsh, but i had zero confidence in him getting us a point in that season in the Premiership)
Smith (harsh, but we were so bad in the 2000/2001 season. We should have walked that league)

 


La la la your mum

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A1969Eagle's Profile A1969Eagle Flag Redhill 27 Oct 21 11.42am Send a Private Message to A1969Eagle Add A1969Eagle as a friend

Strange choice (list) of names.

People are "more" successful on that list

Pardew - took us to Fa Cup Final

Ollie - Took us to the Premiership and had the "balls" to say he was out of his depth at that level

DeBoar - who knows the real truth

Roy?? For many despite keeping us Bored!!!! and keeping us up for 4 season, many may consider him the worse manager.. for one no player development and wasted talent.. Sorloth for example, gone on to play and score, at Top Turkish, German and now top of the league Spanish team. Because he didnt want to spend most of the match defending, Roy rarely used him.. Many ex players have voiced.....

BUT we are have our own opinions lol

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A1969Eagle's Profile A1969Eagle Flag Redhill 27 Oct 21 11.43am Send a Private Message to A1969Eagle Add A1969Eagle as a friend

Well done Peter!!!!


Originally posted by southnorwoodhill

Peter Taylor has a better win percentage than Roy Hodgson. Someone has to say it...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A1969Eagle's Profile A1969Eagle Flag Redhill 27 Oct 21 11.44am Send a Private Message to A1969Eagle Add A1969Eagle as a friend

Must have been Paneful to say that, rather than Glaze over

Originally posted by Glazier#1

This is true but he was responsible for signing Terry Venables and nurturing him into a managerial role.

Than, in itself, saves him for me.

Mind you, I'll never forgive the re-branding.

I'm afraid I'm a claret and blue, Glaziers kind of a man.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 27 Oct 21 12.04pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by A1969Eagle

Strange choice (list) of names.

People are "more" successful on that list

Pardew - took us to Fa Cup Final

Ollie - Took us to the Premiership and had the "balls" to say he was out of his depth at that level

DeBoar - who knows the real truth

Roy?? For many despite keeping us Bored!!!! and keeping us up for 4 season, many may consider him the worse manager.. for one no player development and wasted talent.. Sorloth for example, gone on to play and score, at Top Turkish, German and now top of the league Spanish team. Because he didnt want to spend most of the match defending, Roy rarely used him.. Many ex players have voiced.....

BUT we are have our own opinions lol

Plays for Real Sociedad on loan from RB Leipzig.

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 27 Oct 21 6.31pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Pardew is only 1 of 2 managers to get us to a FA cup final so clearly is not one of the worst.

Both Francis and Taylor were given money yet played awful football and got average results. They will be up there for me.

Poor Burley took over a depleted squad after administration, so whilst not great there were mitigations.

Mulley got rid of the youth team and played a load of ageing free transfers. He must be up there too.

At the top - Stevie Coppell??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 27 Oct 21 6.32pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

Pardew is only 1 of 2 managers to get us to a FA cup final so clearly is not one of the worst.

Both Francis and Taylor were given money yet played awful football and got average results. They will be up there for me.

Poor Burley took over a depleted squad after administration, so whilst not great there were mitigations.

Mulley got rid of the youth team and played a load of ageing free transfers. He must be up there too.

At the top (as in the best!!) - Stevie Coppell??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 27 Oct 21 7.13pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Now we're getting somewhere Palace 99. Win percentages are meaningless without context. It's basically a question of which Palace teams punched above their weight taking all things into consideration such as resources (both human and financial), strength of the opposition in the relevant league, length of time the manager was in charge etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnmcormick8's Profile johnmcormick8 Flag Brundish 28 Oct 21 8.00pm Send a Private Message to johnmcormick8 Add johnmcormick8 as a friend

Aye

Originally posted by A1969Eagle

Must have been Paneful to say that, rather than Glaze over

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 29 Oct 21 1.04pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

In my lifetime;

Allison - great cup run and rebranding but two consecutive relegations and blew the third divison. Also the John Jackson episode slightly before my time sounds like lunacy.

Gradi - no explanation needed

Mullery - ditto

De Boer - despite the terrible results and shambolic performances the things that still stick in my head are a vid of him doing one armed press ups in front of the players and freezing out Joel Ward. What a tit.

Burley - no explanation needed.

Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (29 Oct 2021 1.10pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Qwijibo's Profile Qwijibo Flag Bournemouth 29 Oct 21 6.26pm Send a Private Message to Qwijibo Add Qwijibo as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

In my lifetime;

Allison - great cup run and rebranding but two consecutive relegations and blew the third divison. Also the John Jackson episode slightly before my time sounds like lunacy.

Gradi - no explanation needed

Mullery - ditto

De Boer - despite the terrible results and shambolic performances the things that still stick in my head are a vid of him doing one armed press ups in front of the players and freezing out Joel Ward. What a tit.

Burley - no explanation needed.

Edited by Rachid Rachid Rachid (29 Oct 2021 1.10pm)

Despite the star signing of Andy Dorman, Burley had a terrible squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Worst 5 Palace Managers (listed on Holmesdale.net)