You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Rafiq
December 1 2021 5.40pm

Rafiq

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 65 of 73 < 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 >

 

View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Nov 21 12.42pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Halal ?

Originally posted by ASCPFC

They forced them to eat Haggis.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 25 Nov 21 2.01pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

Halal ?

Probably racist, far right, Haggis.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 25 Nov 21 2.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

I see Sky News is now running a story that 2 ex players are claiming that Cricket Scotland is institutionally racist based on these players speaking out & then not being selected to play for Scotland again

If not being unfairly disliked is a reason for official complaint over selection then David Gower should have been suing Graham Gooch for millions.

Whatever power structure is in place they have their favourites who probably are over selected and less favoured players who never saw a game because the power structure could ignore them....for example I thought England had a fetish for Mo Ali and over selected him for tests because he was Root's mate.

The hard to manage player that the system doesn't like really needs to be a stand out performer to make it pass that.....like Boycott, Botham or in today's case Ollie Robinson.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Nov 21 2.35pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

Anyone who ever played a team sport will have been stood down at some point (because the team manager decided to play his son in that position or some other favourite)

You only have to look at HOL on matchday, we all have our own opinions on who should be in the starting line up or on the bench -

Its quite a leap from being left out of the team to being institutionally victimised -

Does this mean that this enquiry is going to start interviewing managers (or selection committees) to understand why certain players didnt play certain games ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 25 Nov 21 5.41pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

Anyone who ever played a team sport will have been stood down at some point (because the team manager decided to play his son in that position or some other favourite)

You only have to look at HOL on matchday, we all have our own opinions on who should be in the starting line up or on the bench -

Its quite a leap from being left out of the team to being institutionally victimised -

Does this mean that this enquiry is going to start interviewing managers (or selection committees) to understand why certain players didnt play certain games ?

When I was at Primary school I had a trial to represent Croydon Schools. I was told that ability wise I would be selected, however I was too small so missed out. If only I had taken action against them!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Grumbles's Profile Grumbles 25 Nov 21 6.13pm Send a Private Message to Grumbles Add Grumbles as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

This would be a comical post to sign off on.


Edited by BlueJay (25 Nov 2021 1.58am)

That would be a pretty cool flounce.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 25 Nov 21 8.23pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

The BBC decision on Vaughan was entirely predictable - guilty until proved innocent nowadays.
His life and those of others will be destroyed by unproven words taken out of context and so we now live in a world where anything could come back to bite any of us just because someone wants to cause aggro.
Matthew Hoggard got dropped from a dinner last week because of Rafiq - he will likely lose a ton of work now.
He apologised before this all became public but that is not enough for these nutters.
Rafiq texts anti-semetic stuff and chats up young girls and apologises and that's okay - but not for Hoggy of coursse - hmmm - I wonder why?
Are there problems in cricket and other sports - yes I am sure there are.
Are they getting better - I believe so from what I hear and read.
Will this kind of witch hunt do anyone any good and make everything better - very unlikely.
As I said a week or so ago - educating people is the best way forward but as always the pendulum has already swung too far.
Thousands of calls to a phone line to report racism and bullying in cricket where you can bet that the vast majority are pure rubbish and as always the important stuff will get lost and the cause will regress.
One player has been quoted as saying that they mimicked his voice and it made him feel bad - well mate - I work in construction and it has nothing to do with race it is about mickey taking so stop using race as the reason and join in the fun - they probably did it to a high pitched ginger as well but we haven't heard about him have we!
Common sense and reason have gone from our Society - we are pathetic now - utter madness.
I will though always say that bullying of any sort has no place in our lives - I have suffered from it in the past and it isn't pretty but some of this stuff is not even worth listening to.

Follow the money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Nov 21 10.21pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Actually, I said that I wasn't replying to you, which is different. There was no commitment going forward.

I reserve the right to reverse that position when it amuses me.


I have neither the time nor the interest to trawl back through the mire of garbage you create on here, but you have many times promised to ignore me. Usually preceded by some ridiculous insults and based on a claim that I was intellectually unworthy of your time, although put in rather more basic language.

Unfortunately, you routinely break your promises. I'll remind you the next time. I'm sure it won't be long.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 25 Nov 21 10.30pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

The BBC decision on Vaughan was entirely predictable - guilty until proved innocent nowadays.
His life and those of others will be destroyed by unproven words taken out of context and so we now live in a world where anything could come back to bite any of us just because someone wants to cause aggro.

Matthew Hoggard got dropped from a dinner last week because of Rafiq - he will likely lose a ton of work now.
He apologised before this all became public but that is not enough for these nutters.
Rafiq texts anti-semetic stuff and chats up young girls and apologises and that's okay - but not for Hoggy of coursse - hmmm - I wonder why?
Are there problems in cricket and other sports - yes I am sure there are.
Are they getting better - I believe so from what I hear and read.
Will this kind of witch hunt do anyone any good and make everything better - very unlikely.
As I said a week or so ago - educating people is the best way forward but as always the pendulum has already swung too far.
Thousands of calls to a phone line to report racism and bullying in cricket where you can bet that the vast majority are pure rubbish and as always the important stuff will get lost and the cause will regress.
One player has been quoted as saying that they mimicked his voice and it made him feel bad - well mate - I work in construction and it has nothing to do with race it is about mickey taking so stop using race as the reason and join in the fun - they probably did it to a high pitched ginger as well but we haven't heard about him have we!
Common sense and reason have gone from our Society - we are pathetic now - utter madness.
I will though always say that bullying of any sort has no place in our lives - I have suffered from it in the past and it isn't pretty but some of this stuff is not even worth listening to.

I like Michael Vaughan and will miss him on TMS this winter, but I think you are wrong here, as you are misunderstanding what the BBC are doing. They aren't investigating anything. They have taken an editorial decision not to include him in their team, whilst the Yorkshire Club situation remains a hot issue. They don't want their coverage compromised by any kind of diversion.

Hoggard losing a speaking engagement is unfortunate, but hopefully it will blow over quickly. It could even provide MORE work, not less, for those willing to take up the baton and spread the word about how the culture is being banished, lessons learned and a new beginning around the corner.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (25 Nov 2021 10.31pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 26 Nov 21 8.26am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Wisbech. Your point is well made but I just feel that the media are too quick to back an unproven allegation.
I read their statement but I wish they had said something more about these only being allegations etc.
I believe that Vaughan will prove his innocence and that Davis will be discredited and set back the race cause badly.
Very counter productive should it happen.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Nov 21 9.04am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

Wisbech. Your point is well made but I just feel that the media are too quick to back an unproven allegation.
I read their statement but I wish they had said something more about these only being allegations etc.
I believe that Vaughan will prove his innocence and that Davis will be discredited and set back the race cause badly.
Very counter productive should it happen.

In general, I agree with you, especially the tabloids, but then they do it with everything. The public thirst for the sensational has to be at the root, I guess.

The BBC though are more measured and I understood what they were doing when I read their statement. The problem is, I think, that many others don't. They read tabloid reports of the BBC statement, sensationalised to suit their agenda.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 26 Nov 21 10.30am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle


I have neither the time nor the interest to trawl back through the mire of garbage you create on here, but you have many times promised to ignore me. Usually preceded by some ridiculous insults and based on a claim that I was intellectually unworthy of your time, although put in rather more basic language.

Unfortunately, you routinely break your promises. I'll remind you the next time. I'm sure it won't be long.

How dull and humourless.

It's interesting that you say I post garbage became these boards have become far less enjoyable since you decided to spend your time polluting them.
I was here a long time before you, and I will be here a long time after you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 65 of 73 < 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Rafiq