You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.
February 4 2023 2.13am

CONservative government incompetence.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 186 of 430 < 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 >

 

croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 15 Sep 22 9.34pm

Originally posted by croydon proud

Or, lets pay nurses lots more, so we attract more staff for the failing NHS and can spend that extra lolly in the economy- win win!

They can spend lots of extra money in the economy obs- whats not to like?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 15 Sep 22 9.39pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Or, I find it strange that you want bankers to get huge rewards on top of their salary but don"t want strikers to get above inflation rises. let alone bonus!

Bankers are like footballers; they don't all earn a fortune.
According to Glassdoor average UK salaries are:

Banker £49,356
Tube driver £55,011


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 15 Sep 22 9.44pm

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Bankers are like footballers; they don't all earn a fortune.
According to Glassdoor average UK salaries are:

Banker £49,356
Tube driver £55,011



Good- so peoples lives are more important than making cash? But you might question how much the big hitters earn Teddy- the £49,356 might be youngsters starting out- while the 55K tube drivers with ot and experience.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 15 Sep 22 9.45pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud


Good- so peoples lives are more important than making cash? But you might question how much the big hitters earn Teddy- the £49,356 might be youngsters starting out- while the 55K tube drivers with ot and experience.

Not sure that's how averages work.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 15 Sep 22 9.55pm

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Not sure that's how averages work.

Yeah, my bad, still, 50k is not a bad average for doing non life threatening work, responsibility wise, and the 55k tube drivers money comes with ot and unsociable hours- nights and weekend work!Pay them more i say- they can spend it in restaurants, pubs, holidays- and get the economy booming!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 15 Sep 22 10.02pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yeah, my bad, still, 50k is not a bad average for doing non life threatening work, responsibility wise, and the 55k tube drivers money comes with ot and unsociable hours- nights and weekend work!Pay them more i say- they can spend it in restaurants, pubs, holidays- and get the economy booming!

Nah, increase pensions to a grand a week and let those who've worked for 50 years enjoy themselves.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 15 Sep 22 10.10pm

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Nah, increase pensions to a grand a week and let those who've worked for 50 years enjoy themselves.

That to Teddy- but if it"s good enough for bankers, its good enough for nurses, tube drivers and pensioners!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 15 Sep 22 10.54pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

At this time of the cost of living crisis, the Tories are considering lifting the cap on bankers' bonuses.

I must admit to being a bit bemused....I mean Labour is a complete and utter disaster on multiple fronts just waiting to happen but then again the Tories just seem to be out to lunch.

Don't get it.


I have a solution to the bankers bonus dilemma- instead of paying out more, why don"t we all clap them at 8pm every Thursday?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 15 Sep 22 11.23pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Bankers are like footballers; they don't all earn a fortune.
According to Glassdoor average UK salaries are:

Banker £49,356
Tube driver £55,011


Please complete quotes, else it will appear you are bending the truth

The average salary for Banker is £51,316 per year in the London Area. The average additional cash compensation for a Banker in the London Area is £17,445, with a range from £1,520 - £200,213. Salaries estimates are based on 63 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Banker employees in the London Area.

I make their earnings £68,761. From a sample of 63.

I guess like most of us you know some tube drivers. So you will know how often they face (literally) someone trying to commit suicide. Some of whom succeed. Once they have witnessed three suicides they are pensioned off. They almost always work during weekends.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 15 Sep 22 11.31pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

At this time of the cost of living crisis, the Tories are considering lifting the cap on bankers' bonuses.

I must admit to being a bit bemused....I mean Labour is a complete and utter disaster on multiple fronts just waiting to happen but then again the Tories just seem to be out to lunch.

Don't get it.


I have a solution to the bankers bonus dilemma- instead of paying out more, why don"t we all clap them at 8pm every Thursday?

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 15 Sep 22 11.53pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Please complete quotes, else it will appear you are bending the truth

The average salary for Banker is £51,316 per year in the London Area. The average additional cash compensation for a Banker in the London Area is £17,445, with a range from £1,520 - £200,213. Salaries estimates are based on 63 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Banker employees in the London Area.

I make their earnings £68,761. From a sample of 63.

I guess like most of us you know some tube drivers. So you will know how often they face (literally) someone trying to commit suicide. Some of whom succeed. Once they have witnessed three suicides they are pensioned off. They almost always work during weekends.

Fair enough. I just took the headline figures trying to show they're not all multi-millionaires.
I don't have any issue with whatever anyone else earns - good luck to them.
I do think bus drivers should get more than they do.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 16 Sep 22 5.40am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Or, I find it strange that you want bankers to get huge rewards on top of their salary but don"t want strikers to get above inflation rises. let alone bonus!


In the private sector wages reflect what you financially bring to the business. Hence why you have two houses and are semi retired at 50 ish. Your jobs earns lots because of what you paid yourself; which was a reflection of the skills you learned and used.
And again is that so wrong. State workers donít generate big profits as they arnt in a position to. They provide a service paid for from taxation with very good rewards at the end of that service period. Thatís why police, fire, nurses , council staff etc all have generally a good retirement due to a decent pension contribution throughout their tenure of employment if itís the full 30-40 years.
Do you see the difference ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 186 of 430 < 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.