You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Latest Woke Inanity (EU aggravated)
January 29 2022 1.28pm

Latest Woke Inanity (EU aggravated)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 21 Dec 21 2.40pm Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

I don't agree with J.K.Rowling's political views but she nailed it when she said you are either a man or a woman and nothing can ever change that.

Now even those who profit from her writings have disowned her just for stating the blatantly obvious..

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 21 Dec 21 2.51pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

I find the fact that she has been cancelled by all of those that she made millions for both funny and sad at the same time.
All because of free speech, which to the woke brigade is a one way street.
Ridiculous beyond belief.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 21 Dec 21 3.04pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Modern day politicians and institutional leaders have given power to the mentally unstable.

The fact that this was allowed to happen is a testament to the cowardice of generations of politicians who did nothing about the march through the institutions.


Rowling has 'f you' money and has decided that this is the hill she is willing to die on. She shouldn't have to of course but that's the poisoned chalice that now exists.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 21 Dec 21 3.10pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


She should put out a whisper that sheís writing another Potter book then see how much publishers, filmmakers, merchandisers, etc, are prepared to risk missing out on to appease the mob.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 21 Dec 21 3.59pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I find the fact that she has been cancelled by all of those that she made millions for both funny and sad at the same time.
All because of free speech, which to the woke brigade is a one way street.
Ridiculous beyond belief.

She's been cancelled by who exactly? The Quidditch Association?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 21 Dec 21 5.01pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

She's been cancelled by who exactly? The Quidditch Association?

Not the TQA but these:

[Link]

Even the ones she helped make multi millionaires. Talk about gratitude

[Link]

Edited by Spiderman (21 Dec 2021 5.03pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 21 Dec 21 5.07pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Not the TQA but these:

[Link]

Ok so The Quidditch Association and Featherstonís Booktown festival - it's hardly Youtube and Twitter is it?

Surely people realise these 'cancelled' 'woke' stories are just punted to generate clicks - it shouldn't even register as news.

There are genuine cases nowadays where these things go too far - see the lecturer in Brighton who lost her job - but stories like this are nothing but clickbait sh*te.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 21 Dec 21 5.09pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Ok so The Quidditch Association and Featherstonís Booktown festival - it's hardly Youtube and Twitter is it?

Surely people realise these 'cancelled' 'woke' stories are just punted to generate clicks - it shouldn't even register as news.

There are genuine cases nowadays where these things go too far - see the lecturer in Brighton who lost her job - but stories like this are nothing but clickbait sh*te.

Google Rowling death threats. Itís more than click bait.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 21 Dec 21 5.13pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Google Rowling death threats. Itís more than click bait.

Right, but those are not companies - if a portion of the public take issue with something you say and want to send you death threats, I'm not sure how you prevent that?

Obviously the people sending death threats should be investigated criminally, but beyond that I'm not sure what the expectation would be.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 21 Dec 21 5.34pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Right, but those are not companies - if a portion of the public take issue with something you say and want to send you death threats, I'm not sure how you prevent that?

Obviously the people sending death threats should be investigated criminally, but beyond that I'm not sure what the expectation would be.

Perhaps an expectation of being allowed her own views without receiving threats. Itís not as if she has said anything illegal, just views that donít conform to a certain agenda. Just my opinion

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 21 Dec 21 6.01pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Perhaps an expectation of being allowed her own views without receiving threats. Itís not as if she has said anything illegal, just views that donít conform to a certain agenda. Just my opinion

So you want to censor peopleís responses to her views.. do you not see the contradiction?

I agree she shouldnít receive threats, but thatís a legal matter, so beyond that Iím not sure why youíre asking for.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 21 Dec 21 6.10pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Right, but those are not companies - if a portion of the public take issue with something you say and want to send you death threats, I'm not sure how you prevent that?

Obviously the people sending death threats should be investigated criminally, but beyond that I'm not sure what the expectation would be.

This sums it up.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Latest Woke Inanity (EU aggravated)