You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > New Years Honours
July 1 2022 9.51pm

New Years Honours

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View martin2412's Profile martin2412 Flag The Big Wide World 31 Dec 21 11.04pm Send a Private Message to martin2412 Add martin2412 as a friend

That's it. I'm finished with the queen.

She's only gone and knighted that smug curnt Tony Blair.

Can you imagine that smarmy grin. It's all he's ever wanted. I bet he even insists his kids call him Sir Daddy now.

I have never hated anyone any more than this prick in my whole life.

He's always been smug but this will send him into overdrive.

Aaaaaarggghhhh.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 01 Jan 22 1.11am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by martin2412

That's it. I'm finished with the queen.

She's only gone and knighted that smug curnt Tony Blair.

Can you imagine that smarmy grin. It's all he's ever wanted. I bet he even insists his kids call him Sir Daddy now.

I have never hated anyone any more than this prick in my whole life.

He's always been smug but this will send him into overdrive.

Aaaaaarggghhhh.

Seconded.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 01 Jan 22 2.00am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


Usual nonsense. Vanessa Redgrave sticks to her guns and accepts a damehood. Emma Radacanu, a tennis player who won a tennis tournament gets an MBE.
Ashley Banjo, a dancer, gets an MBE for services to dance.
All the top COVID team get awards for, you know, really stopping the virus in its tracks in a calm and reassuring way..
Either nobody rode a bicycle this year or everybody who does has already been awarded a gong of some kind.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 01 Jan 22 7.14am Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Seconded.

Apparently, (I haven't checked this), but all ex-PM's are eventually Damed or Sir'ed. But it is done in sequence.

Apparently Blair was offered a knighthood years ago, but was delaying accepting because that would mean Gordon 'where's the gold ?'Brown, would then be next inline to get his Sir. Something Blair wanted to delay for as long as possible.

As usual, people getting honours for just doing what they're paid to do. Or in Prof Chris Whitty's case , taking the money and allowing people to die, whilst his piers were taking a more scientific perspective in their criticisms of him.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 01 Jan 22 7.45am Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Redgrave, for services to communism presumably.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 01 Jan 22 9.15am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Usual old nonsense chuck a few celebs in and the odd NHS cleaner or charity fund raiser (cheapest medal of course) and the other 1400 awards go to politicians and time serving civil servants (the good stuff of course).

A thoroughly corrupt system.

I am very disappointed with HRH for giving Blair a personal award that she is not obliged to.

Was it services to the Arms Manufacturing Industry or services to the Immigration / Human Rights Industry. I think it a bit unfair that the Law Society has never honoured our Tone I mean after all that juicy business he has put their way over the years, very ungrateful indeed.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace_in_frogland's Profile palace_in_frogland Flag In a broken dream 01 Jan 22 9.30am Send a Private Message to palace_in_frogland Add palace_in_frogland as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


Usual nonsense. Vanessa Redgrave sticks to her guns and accepts a damehood. Emma Radacanu, a tennis player who won a tennis tournament gets an MBE.
Ashley Banjo, a dancer, gets an MBE for services to dance.
All the top COVID team get awards for, you know, really stopping the virus in its tracks in a calm and reassuring way..
Either nobody rode a bicycle this year or everybody who does has already been awarded a gong of some kind.

Mr and Mrs Kenny, now Sir and Dame, ride bicycles, apparently.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 01 Jan 22 9.42am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

The Honours system once again shows how ridiculous it is.
Sadly, all PM's so get this reward and Blair's is very late - I read that the Queen delayed because she didn't like the man - who knows the truth but in any event he is a liar and a fraud who took over a great economy and systematically wrecked it along with his mates.
He also joined us into an illegal war and ensured the deaths of thousands of people.
The man should be dead not honoured.
As for the others I have seen this morning - as others here have posted - getting an MBE for winning a tennis tournament and becoming a Sir for riding a bike and so on - madness.
The list goes on and the system is flawed and corrupt.
Rant over!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 01 Jan 22 10.18am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by palace_in_frogland

Mr and Mrs Kenny, now Sir and Dame, ride bicycles, apparently.

You’re right, I missed them. They must issue at least an MBE with the cycling proficiency test.
Also Tom Daley for “services to diving” so…”diving”. Ashley Young must be spewing.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 01 Jan 22 10.20am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

The Honours system once again shows how ridiculous it is.
Sadly, all PM's so get this reward and Blair's is very late - I read that the Queen delayed because she didn't like the man - who knows the truth but in any event he is a liar and a fraud who took over a great economy and systematically wrecked it along with his mates.
He also joined us into an illegal war and ensured the deaths of thousands of people.
The man should be dead not honoured.

As for the others I have seen this morning - as others here have posted - getting an MBE for winning a tennis tournament and becoming a Sir for riding a bike and so on - madness.
The list goes on and the system is flawed and corrupt.
Rant over!

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Not forgetting bLIAR's 'letters of comfort' to the murdering ira leading to the vexatious historical prosecutions of service personnel from the 70's with NO recourse the other way.

Feel sorry for 'The Boss' as she has to carry out what the 'elites' tell her to, hope the sword slips(a lot) when/if she tops him . . . oops, sorry, knights him(cnut)

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 01 Jan 22 11.48am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

I get more annoyed each year with the so called 'Honours list'. They seem to be handed out like confetti, and now Tony Blair eventually gets one. A lying, cheating, smug, hypocritical man with not an ounce of honour about him (IMHO).

And, as much as I enjoyed watching Emma Radacanu win the US Open, it was just one tennis tournament for goodness sake.

Anyway, as all previous posters have said, the system now appears flawed and outdated and is not a true reflection of some of the outstanding things ordinary people have done.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 01 Jan 22 11.57am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Apparently, (I haven't checked this), but all ex-PM's are eventually Damed or Sir'ed. But it is done in sequence.

Apparently Blair was offered a knighthood years ago, but was delaying accepting because that would mean Gordon 'where's the gold ?'Brown, would then be next inline to get his Sir. Something Blair wanted to delay for as long as possible.

As usual, people getting honours for just doing what they're paid to do. Or in Prof Chris Whitty's case , taking the money and allowing people to die, whilst his piers were taking a more scientific perspective in their criticisms of him.

The honours system is ridiculous and most of those who receive them are awful.....the elites patting themselves on the back.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > New Years Honours