You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Dick sacks dick
August 9 2022 5.39pm

Dick sacks dick

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

 

View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 11 Feb 22 2.26pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Is there anyone in office who is capable of doing their job, without f-cking anything (up) ?

BJ
Patel
Khunt
Andrew (formerly HRH)
Dick

And they'll all get rewarded for failure with sizable pensions.

Edited by Forest Hillbilly (11 Feb 2022 2.27pm)

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 11 Feb 22 3.00pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Is there anyone in office who is capable of doing their job, without f-cking anything (up) ?

BJ
Patel
Khunt
Andrew (formerly HRH)
Dick

And they'll all get rewarded for failure with sizable pensions.

Edited by Forest Hillbilly (11 Feb 2022 2.27pm)

I'm a useless old has been when do I get my pay off?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 11 Feb 22 3.28pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Can't disagree with you there Forest - useless bunch they are - all of them and more!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 11 Feb 22 4.22pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Is there anyone in office who is capable of doing their job, without f-cking anything (up) ?

BJ
Patel
Khunt
Andrew (formerly HRH)
Dick

And they'll all get rewarded for failure with sizable pensions.

Edited by Forest Hillbilly (11 Feb 2022 2.27pm)

No-one is "rewarded" with a sizeable pension. They accrue their pension rights throughout their respective employments, according to the rules of the pension scheme to which they and their employer contribute.

To avoid you now saying that their pensions should be taken away, I'm afraid that there is no legal mechanism by which this could happen. It would in fact be against the law.

Finally, which pension scheme is Prince Andrew a member of, please tell.

Edited by YT (11 Feb 2022 4.23pm)

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 11 Feb 22 11.30pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

So Dick became a Dame for her police service. And yet she also resigned because of poor performance. How does that work ?

Joining the esteemed ranks of Sir Phil Green, Sir Jimmy Savile. Neither had their honours revoked during their lifetime.

However, former world featherweight boxing champion 'Prince' Naseem Hamed was stripped of his MBE in 2007 following a conviction for dangerous driving.

The system looks ridiculous

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 12 Feb 22 7.51am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

It is ridiculous and rewards failure more often than not as well, as giving people titles and honours when the general public just cannot fathom out why.
Emma Raducanu got an MBE for winning a tournament - a top tournament yes - but that is her job and one that has just made her millions - why an MBE or anything at all at 19 years of age?
The gratuitous honours for people in politics are even worse.
Terrible system - in fact any system that gives Tony Blair anything more than a kick up the arse must need fixing!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View djcpfc's Profile djcpfc Flag Within a 5 minute walk 12 Feb 22 7.54am Send a Private Message to djcpfc Add djcpfc as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

London is no longer British.
Why has the mayor really got rid of Dick?

IS it the murders or the rapes or the knife crime?

More likely, it's because some policeman use hurty words that offend his precious minority voters.

Get used to it folks. London is now an immigrant republic.

Youíre a total moron.

Itís you who clearly needs to get used to something. Youíre actually displaying your part of the problem. We always have been. This country is only 8000 years old as an island. Since then every bloodline has entered by boat, or latterly by air.

The truth is the MacPherson report was published in 1999. It labelled the Met institutionally racist. In the 23 year period in between, each commissioner has shouted from the roof tops how much they are doing to make the force better. More inclusive, more representative. Less corrupt, racism being a form corruption.

In the last year the press have kept up a campaign of maximum pressure, every Met failure has been placed under the microscope. They havenít actually had to work very hard, because of the frequency of titanic cock-ups in fairness. The press line has been, the public are being short changed, the cost of the Met is huge. A simple truth.

Each time a failing by the Met has occurred the same excuses are trotted out, a single rotten apple (maybe Wayne Couzens) here a pair of rotten apples there. ĎPerhaps we didnít get the balance rightí ĎI donít recognise these accusations of the force I leadí The stock defence by Dick over the last year has worn so thin itís become transparent. On each occasion the Mayor and his assistant defend and protect Dick from a grilling at the GLA, have to mobilise MOPAC (their office of Police oversight) and as importantly have to answer questions from the same baying press over their confidence in Dick. To try and shelve these questions and directly after the publication of the report in the murder of Daniel Morgan, massively damning, and directly negative of Dickís actions, the mayor extends her contract.

This then all comes to a head over a topic that is the most important for public trust. Racism. The Charing Cross debacle. It focuses a lens on the behaviour of officers, and every type of bigotry is now on full show. The defence we have changed is no longer valid. Dick is literally stripped naked of any defence she has offered over corruption. So, an explanation is required and plan needs to be immediate of how she is going to deal with this very major problem.

Clearly what ever plan Dick offered to the mayor it was no longer enough. In 23 years the Met has had to stamp out racism, almost a whole generation, in a single report into one Police Station in Central London and it is clear that very little progress has made made in implementing the changes outlined in the MacPherson report. 23 years, no change.

The question Khan needs to ask himself is. Is removing the commissioner really enough to make a tangible difference? On past evidence the answer is no.

Hrolf. Youíre a tool!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Feb 22 7.54am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

It is ridiculous and rewards failure more often than not as well, as giving people titles and honours when the general public just cannot fathom out why.
Emma Raducanu got an MBE for winning a tournament - a top tournament yes - but that is her job and one that has just made her millions - why an MBE or anything at all at 19 years of age?
The gratuitous honours for people in politics are even worse.
Terrible system - in fact any system that gives Tony Blair anything more than a kick up the arse must need fixing!

The establishment loves the honours system it allows them to reward failure whilst moving the person on. Time to get rid.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 12 Feb 22 8.53am Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by djcpfc

This then all comes to a head over a topic that is the most important for public trust. Racism. The Charing Cross debacle. It focuses a lens on the behaviour of officers, and every type of bigotry is now on full show. The defence we have changed is no longer valid. Dick is literally stripped naked of any defence she has offered over corruption. So, an explanation is required and plan needs to be immediate of how she is going to deal with this very major problem.

Clearly what ever plan Dick offered to the mayor it was no longer enough. In 23 years the Met has had to stamp out racism, almost a whole generation, in a single report into one Police Station in Central London and it is clear that very little progress has made made in implementing the changes outlined in the MacPherson report. 23 years, no change.

The question Khan needs to ask himself is. Is removing the commissioner really enough to make a tangible difference? On past evidence the answer is no.

Hrolf. Youíre a tool!

Not if you're a woman - knowing that the officer attending isn't going to rape you comes pretty high on the list for them......

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 12 Feb 22 9.07am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by YT

No-one is "rewarded" with a sizeable pension. They accrue their pension rights throughout their respective employments, according to the rules of the pension scheme to which they and their employer contribute.

To avoid you now saying that their pensions should be taken away, I'm afraid that there is no legal mechanism by which this could happen. It would in fact be against the law.

Finally, which pension scheme is Prince Andrew a member of, please tell.

Edited by YT (11 Feb 2022 4.23pm)

Almost true with one exception

Police officers can be made to forfeit their pensions if they are convicted of a criminal offence committed in connection with their service as a member of a police force that could result in a serious loss of confidence.

There may however be a provision for an enhancement in this case, or an agreement made relating to if she went quietly. In theory going early may have cost her a fair amount of pension if itís final salary.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 12 Feb 22 9.10am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by djcpfc

Youíre a total moron.

Itís you who clearly needs to get used to something. Youíre actually displaying your part of the problem. We always have been. This country is only 8000 years old as an island. Since then every bloodline has entered by boat, or latterly by air.

The truth is the MacPherson report was published in 1999. It labelled the Met institutionally racist. In the 23 year period in between, each commissioner has shouted from the roof tops how much they are doing to make the force better. More inclusive, more representative. Less corrupt, racism being a form corruption.

In the last year the press have kept up a campaign of maximum pressure, every Met failure has been placed under the microscope. They havenít actually had to work very hard, because of the frequency of titanic cock-ups in fairness. The press line has been, the public are being short changed, the cost of the Met is huge. A simple truth.

Each time a failing by the Met has occurred the same excuses are trotted out, a single rotten apple (maybe Wayne Couzens) here a pair of rotten apples there. ĎPerhaps we didnít get the balance rightí ĎI donít recognise these accusations of the force I leadí The stock defence by Dick over the last year has worn so thin itís become transparent. On each occasion the Mayor and his assistant defend and protect Dick from a grilling at the GLA, have to mobilise MOPAC (their office of Police oversight) and as importantly have to answer questions from the same baying press over their confidence in Dick. To try and shelve these questions and directly after the publication of the report in the murder of Daniel Morgan, massively damning, and directly negative of Dickís actions, the mayor extends her contract.

This then all comes to a head over a topic that is the most important for public trust. Racism. The Charing Cross debacle. It focuses a lens on the behaviour of officers, and every type of bigotry is now on full show. The defence we have changed is no longer valid. Dick is literally stripped naked of any defence she has offered over corruption. So, an explanation is required and plan needs to be immediate of how she is going to deal with this very major problem.

Clearly what ever plan Dick offered to the mayor it was no longer enough. In 23 years the Met has had to stamp out racism, almost a whole generation, in a single report into one Police Station in Central London and it is clear that very little progress has made made in implementing the changes outlined in the MacPherson report. 23 years, no change.

The question Khan needs to ask himself is. Is removing the commissioner really enough to make a tangible difference? On past evidence the answer is no.

Hrolf. Youíre a tool!

I donít believe she was ever up to the job, plus the job is way too big and unwieldy. It needs a John Harvey Jones figure

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 12 Feb 22 9.28am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


The job has become much more high profile since her appointment.
These are the commissioners in the last 50 years prior to Cressida Dick.

Robert Mark
Kenneth Newman
Peter Imbert
Paul Condon
John Stevens
Ian Blair
Paul Stephenson
Bernard Hogan-Howe

Iím struggling to remember most of them and Robert Mark was probably as well known for his Goodyear adverts.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Dick sacks dick