You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Harris and Blitzer, Chelsea
November 29 2022 1.54pm

Harris and Blitzer, Chelsea

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 12 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 03 Apr 22 7.45am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by trapperjohn

[Link]

Not sure if this appears elsewhere (apologies if so) but an interesting take on things

Interesting quote that isn't true:-

"Both Textor and Parish have first refusal on their shares and both have the funds to take them on."

Whilst Textor may have sufficient wealth to buy the shares I doubt that Parish does

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 03 Apr 22 9.20am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Interesting quote that isn't true:-

"Both Textor and Parish have first refusal on their shares and both have the funds to take them on."

Whilst Textor may have sufficient wealth to buy the shares I doubt that Parish does


According to the latest stats, Textor has 10% of Fubo TV Inc.
itís share price has collapsed in the past 6 months.
That is his only listed asset. It came from a merger of Facebank and Fubo.
However I donít know what sales restrictions hang over it.
Optimistically there is potential upside but as a small cap on NYSE risk is big.
So neither Textor nor Parish in the football world have deep pockets.
Although for most of us they would be viewed as staggeringly wealthy, in the premier league they are not huge.
More concerning I donít suppose anyone knows how Texter financed his entry into Palace, but I am concerned there could be personal leverage to have secured the purchase.
Realistically therefore, I would say H&B will need to look elsewhere to sell their shares if their Chelsea bid is accepted.
As syd said earlier Ďbe careful what you wish forí.
Pray Lord H&B do not lend other Palace shareholders the funds to buy them out, although Iím not sure that is allowed.
Here is hoping they fail to buy Chelsea and look to bolster their position with us.
There arenít many genuine multi billionaires out there wanting to invest in football. We are very fortunate to have a couple and we should hope we keep them.
There is still a huge potential upside on value with Palace which they signed up to.
Really hope they stay with us. We definitely should not rush into a fire sale to help them exit.

Edited by dreamwaverider (03 Apr 2022 9.22am)

Edited by dreamwaverider (03 Apr 2022 9.27am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Omph's Profile Omph Flag Liverpool 03 Apr 22 10.07am Send a Private Message to Omph Add Omph as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider


According to the latest stats, Textor has 10% of Fubo TV Inc.
itís share price has collapsed in the past 6 months.
That is his only listed asset. It came from a merger of Facebank and Fubo.
However I donít know what sales restrictions hang over it.
Optimistically there is potential upside but as a small cap on NYSE risk is big.
So neither Textor nor Parish in the football world have deep pockets.
Although for most of us they would be viewed as staggeringly wealthy, in the premier league they are not huge.
More concerning I donít suppose anyone knows how Texter financed his entry into Palace, but I am concerned there could be personal leverage to have secured the purchase.
Realistically therefore, I would say H&B will need to look elsewhere to sell their shares if their Chelsea bid is accepted.
As syd said earlier Ďbe careful what you wish forí.
Pray Lord H&B do not lend other Palace shareholders the funds to buy them out, although Iím not sure that is allowed.
Here is hoping they fail to buy Chelsea and look to bolster their position with us.
There arenít many genuine multi billionaires out there wanting to invest in football. We are very fortunate to have a couple and we should hope we keep them.
There is still a huge potential upside on value with Palace which they signed up to.
Really hope they stay with us. We definitely should not rush into a fire sale to help them exit.

Edited by dreamwaverider (03 Apr 2022 9.22am)

Edited by dreamwaverider (03 Apr 2022 9.27am)

Agreed all round.

Textor worries me a bit.

Clearly he loves the game if you look at how he's looking to invest - not just here but in Brazil, Belgium and potentially Portugal. But unless I'm missing something all this investment is really quite recent. The Boafogo venture in Brazil looks fairly speculative to me almost as if he's a bit of a dreamer. He even apparently has a preferred method of play

[Link]

I'd be more comfortable if he was in it simply for the money to be honest!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 09 Apr 22 10.54am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Omph

Agreed all round.

Textor worries me a bit.

Clearly he loves the game if you look at how he's looking to invest - not just here but in Brazil, Belgium and potentially Portugal. But unless I'm missing something all this investment is really quite recent. The Boafogo venture in Brazil looks fairly speculative to me almost as if he's a bit of a dreamer. He even apparently has a preferred method of play

[Link]

I'd be more comfortable if he was in it simply for the money to be honest!

Like you I do worry about what Textor is doing and how he is doing it.
I just hope his adventure is not based on high leverage.
Banks donít look lovingly at anything. They just go bottom line.
It is crucial debt is supported and football has not got a good track record.
At least as a minority shareholder if it goes wrong for him (which I sincerely hope not)it wonít kill us although it would rock the apple cart.
Only 20% of premier clubs made a profit from 2019-21.
Chelsea topped it with £30m. So fine margins.
Itís why Iím hoping H&B donít get Chelsea. But they are looking good for it.


Edited by dreamwaverider (09 Apr 2022 10.55am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 09 Apr 22 11.17am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

My prediction is that whoever buys Chelsea is buying at the very top of the market just when the global economy is balancing on the edge of a cliff on a very windy day.
£3billion seems absurd for a business with a £30m profit on such a fine margin.
As I understand it, the ground has restrictive covenants and really counting players as assets is an accountancy practise not reality.
No, itís a rich manís playground , not a sensible business plan
At least not at this level of valuation.
Unless of course you can make head or tail of a clip I will copy below from an article on football finance -

However, the overall landscape is not negative because the true potential of the football industry is not been unlocked yet. Investor interest in football clubs keeps increasing and the reason is that the revenue of most football clubs has been limited beyond ticketing and TV broadcasting but the potential is much bigger than that. Football clubs looking to gain a competitive advantage need to step up their commercial and sport management efforts to finally reach the next step of the industry development. Embracing technology in building an ecosystem made of effective management processes and best practices, digital enhanced, unlocking the value of their data, creating, distributing, and monetizing their content will be the real game-changer for clubs to build better teams on the pitch and achieve sustainability.

Understand and believe that and the sky is the limit. !!
Certainly not for the faint hearted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 09 Apr 22 8.15pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Whilst Textor may have sufficient wealth to buy the shares I doubt that Parish does

Textor is wealthier than Parrish but neither of them is wealthy enough to own and support a football club. If either of them buys those shares, it'll be a very heavily leveraged deal (which is not good for us). And I suspect Parish is far too shrewd to go down that road.

Unless we have some unknown benefactor of immense wealth waiting in the wings, by far the best outcome for us is Blitzer and Harris remaining in place. Better the devil you know.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 09 Apr 22 9.12pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Harris & Blitzer bankrolled us so much they were happy to flog Wan Bissaka and put nothing back then ask for a loan off season ticket holders during COVID.

Textor comes in and puts in the money that's kept us up but he's dodge. Sure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 10 Apr 22 12.29pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

Textor is wealthier than Parrish but neither of them is wealthy enough to own and support a football club. If either of them buys those shares, it'll be a very heavily leveraged deal (which is not good for us). And I suspect Parish is far too shrewd to go down that road.

Unless we have some unknown benefactor of immense wealth waiting in the wings, by far the best outcome for us is Blitzer and Harris remaining in place. Better the devil you know.

Totally agree syd.
But why would they have diluted by 40% of their positions with us if they wanted to stay. Just hope they have a re think on where the greatest potential is in the premier and top back up with us fast!
At £200m we must have at least x3 potential.
We are still a great bet. In fact better than ever right now.

Edited by dreamwaverider (10 Apr 2022 12.32pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 Apr 22 12.47pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

Harris & Blitzer bankrolled us so much they were happy to flog Wan Bissaka and put nothing back then ask for a loan off season ticket holders during COVID.

Textor comes in and puts in the money that's kept us up but he's dodge. Sure.

And then a donation.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View waddy's Profile waddy Flag Highton,Melbourne 19 Apr 22 5.30am Send a Private Message to waddy Add waddy as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Harris & Blitzer want to buy Chelski ' by becky

So we just lose to a very wealthy club & our owners now want to sell up & move on ! Shows they have no passion for English football,no pride in being part of South London,no soul in progression of Crystal Palace.Why are they allowed to be involved ? Steve next time you sell a share make sure itís a English person whom like English foootball.Not to Money Money Money hungry yanks ! Now you two Yanks can ARGO !

 


Forever Palace Proud

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 19 Apr 22 6.37am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Harris & Blitzer want to buy Chelski ' by becky

Originally posted by waddy

So we just lose to a very wealthy club & our owners now want to sell up & move on

You're a bit slow to the party as this has been common knowledge for weeks and has been discussed at length in both this forum and Football Talk as well

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jhillman's Profile jhillman Flag USA 19 Apr 22 6.59am Send a Private Message to jhillman Add jhillman as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Harris & Blitzer want to buy Chelski ' by becky

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

You're a bit slow to the party as this has been common knowledge for weeks and has been discussed at length in both this forum and Football Talk as well

Bush telegraph?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 12 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Harris and Blitzer, Chelsea