You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Akshata Murty tax affairs
May 26 2022 2.37pm

Akshata Murty tax affairs

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 19 of 23 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Apr 22 10.27am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Incorrect again, she paid UK tax on her UK earnings in addition to paying a fee for non dom status.

She has UK income from at least one company, Catamaran Ventures UK and paid tax on that.

This is an owner operated private equity company investing in Indian businesses, one of which went bust recently. In the financial accounts I can see no sign of any distribution of earnings.

There is however a loan to the company in Murthy’s name.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 18 Apr 22 10.38am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No, she doesn’t pay more than me

As far as I can see she pays no tax. The charge she pays is lower than my tax, even not taking into account NIC.

It's just another attempt to claim that people are somehow envious or idiotic if they're not high fiving Sunak, and giving a free pass to his wife who is resident here, took advantage of hundred of thousands in furlough cash, and is 'fortunate' enough to gain lucrative government contracts to the tune of tens of millions benefiting both her and her husband. All while avoiding up to £20 million in UK tax by choosing to be non-domiciled, as others continue to pay their way and contribute.

Certainly for someone in Sunak's position the ethics of this can be questioned. People know 'them and us' when they see it from the 'servants of the people', and criticising tax loopholes designed by the rich, for the rich can only be a good thing, no matter if some are angered by opposition to the status quo. Our 'elected representatives' don't need additional encouragement to mug off the average hard working Brit, they need the opposite.

Edited by BlueJay (18 Apr 2022 3.59pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 18 Apr 22 8.49pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

It's just another attempt to claim that people are somehow envious or idiotic if they're not high fiving Sunak, and giving a free pass to his wife who is resident here, took advantage of hundred of thousands in furlough cash, and is 'fortunate' enough to gain lucrative government contracts to the tune of tens of millions benefiting both her and her husband. All while avoiding up to £20 million in UK tax by choosing to be non-domiciled, as others continue to pay their way and contribute.

Certainly for someone in Sunak's position the ethics of this can be questioned. People know 'them and us' when they see it from the 'servants of the people', and criticising tax loopholes designed by the rich, for the rich can only be a good thing, no matter if some are angered by opposition to the status quo. Our 'elected representatives' don't need additional encouragement to mug off the average hard working Brit, they need the opposite.

Edited by BlueJay (18 Apr 2022 3.59pm)

It’s amazing how some have excused this sham. They’ve taken the ‘good on them for being rich’, a view I share, to ‘good on them for taking advantage of their position over us’. It’s frankly weird and I’m done with them until they’re gone. I’ll be spoiling my General Election ballot paper. They’re all on the take from the rest of us. It’s so blatant it’s unbelievable.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 18 Apr 22 9.21pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

It’s amazing how some have excused this sham. They’ve taken the ‘good on them for being rich’, a view I share, to ‘good on them for taking advantage of their position over us’. It’s frankly weird and I’m done with them until they’re gone. I’ll be spoiling my General Election ballot paper. They’re all on the take from the rest of us. It’s so blatant it’s unbelievable.

Yes, it makes a mockery of both those making ends meet, and those thriving who 'genuinely' pay their way into the countries' coffers. We're being mugged off every which way by those we trust to represent us. At least spoiling a ballet makes your feelings known. I'll likely join you as I certainly don't see Con or Lab as supporters of Joe Public at this time.

Edited by BlueJay (18 Apr 2022 9.21pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 18 Apr 22 11.15pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

Yes, it makes a mockery of both those making ends meet, and those thriving who 'genuinely' pay their way into the countries' coffers. We're being mugged off every which way by those we trust to represent us. At least spoiling a ballet makes your feelings known. I'll likely join you as I certainly don't see Con or Lab as supporters of Joe Public at this time.

Edited by BlueJay (18 Apr 2022 9.21pm)

How do you spoil a ballet? I’m now thinking of Paul Hogan commenting on the fellas package in a can of Fosters p1ss advert.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Apr 22 11.20pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

OK, hands up, I meant 'be treated as', not 'become'. My bad.

Whatever, she pays more than you do at the moment, and when she dies, will have paid far, far more into the UK coffers than you, unless she leaves the country.

No, she does not

Also remember she paid £30,000 only in her 8th year, prior to which she probably paid nada.

So I make 30,000 divided by 8 £3,750. Please don’t tell me you are paying less than the Sunak family’s India related charges.

As far as the future goes I guess we wait to see. My guess is Rishi will leave politics in order to stop the bleeding at some point. The family sure as hell won’t be paying UK inheritance tax.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Apr 22 11.23pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

How do you spoil a ballet? I’m now thinking of Paul Hogan commenting on the fellas package in a can of Fosters p1ss advert.

You simply write on your ballet sheet no suitable plié.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 18 Apr 22 11.31pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

You simply write on your ballet sheet no suitable plié.

Do you do a barre’ at the bar on your days off?

[Link]

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Apr 22 11.43pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Do you do a barre’ at the bar on your days off?

[Link]

I am often to be found in the Second Position.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 19 Apr 22 12.27am Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

How do you spoil a ballet? I’m now thinking of Paul Hogan commenting on the fellas package in a can of Fosters p1ss advert.

Oops (or strewth) . Still, first laugh of the thread!

Edited by BlueJay (19 Apr 2022 12.29am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 19 Apr 22 12.46am Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

"Any remittance that she pays is likely more than the average outraged idiot pays. Nobody else really cares."

"If enough of you outraged idiots assemble outside Parliament and protest about the non dom law, it will get changed."

None of that related to one person. You have literally said that people that have a problem with this are outraged idiots, and that it's indicative of who would protest it.

"I didn't state that anyone would assemble outside Parliament."

See above. You're arguing with yourself again.


On this very page you say "if the idiots go and protest, they will have done something, instead of being just idiots." so you're still sweepingly calling people with a view contrary to yours idiots (while simultaneously being affronted that people would accuse you of that). You can't get enough of doing so, and across multiple threads have this ridiculous 'prove that I mean what I've clearly just said' approach.

"I didn't call anyone a toddler"... "I suggested his toddler mates might help. He brought up 4 year olds."

Aka you did call people that.

I don't care what you call people, but you repeatedly come out with this outlandish stuff and are then indignant when any of what you say is quoted back. These coin toss takes with accompanying endless pages of pearl clutching and claims of "lies! misrepresentation!" that follow are a complete waste of time. Post what you're happy with and actually believe - it's a bit late to rewind after the fact.


Edited by BlueJay (18 Apr 2022 5.21pm)

Ok. Let's simplify this. A 'yes' or 'no' answer is what is required. Can you link us to a post of mine where I wrote 'taxpayer' and 'outraged idiot' in the same sentence? If you can't, or won't, answer with a 'yes' or 'no', we'll know you made it up. Aka (an acronym you like), a liar.

So, come up with the facts.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 19 Apr 22 12.52am Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No, she doesn’t pay more than me

As far as I can see she pays no tax. The charge she pays is lower than my tax, even not taking into account NIC.

She pays remittance. And she very likely spends more money than you. Her contributions to HMRC almost definitely outweigh yours. Unless you are a millionaire and paying all your dues?

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 19 of 23 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Akshata Murty tax affairs