You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha - Stay or go?
August 19 2022 6.52am

Zaha - Stay or go?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 15 of 15 << First< 11 12 13 14 15

 

View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 29 Jul 22 12.30am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

Wilf is a better play now than he ever has been. Insanity to even think about letting him leave. I can see him hitting the 20 goal mark next season.

That's debatable. Looks to have lost a yard of pace to me and seems reluctant to take players on. Plus if you remove the penalties, his stats seem about there or there abouts as they've always been. If we get a half decent offer ($30+), I'd move him on with our best wishes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 29 Jul 22 5.58am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

I also think the timing for Rak-Saki is good, a years loan to a championship club will do him the world of good, lets hope he can develop and this time next year is ready for the first team, to replace Wilf, the brief time i have seen Ebiowei he looks comfortable with both feet so could be the new Wilf.

 


When the tigers broke free, And no one survived, From the Royal Fusiliers Company Z, They were all left behind, Most of them dead, The rest of them dying, And that's how the High Command took my Daddy from me

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Online Flag 29 Jul 22 6.33am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

it also shouldn't be forgotten that some of the clubs goals have been specifically because the opposition have doubled up on Wilf allowing space in & around the box for others to exploit.

Originally posted by palace99

Is a 5 year contract of £130k a week (£33.8m in total) not a sufficient thank you?

Wilf has been a great servant for the club but he has been richly rewarded too. IMHO he has lost a yard of pace and struggles against the better organised teams and faster defenders. Take his penalties away and many of his goals are against the lower teams - Norwich and Watford last season spring to mind.

I am not sure he would sign a new contract, but if he was open to it i wouldn't break our current wage structure

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 29 Jul 22 7.55am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

‘Would be unfair to block a move , however detrimental to us?’
Surely this is a wind up.
‘However detrimental to us?’
. He’s getting 130 grand a week. If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract , he doesn’t have to. But he signed the contract.
Unfair, unshmare . It’s all about Palace for Palace. No sentiment in football. If Wilf don’t like it , f*ck him. Leave next year.

Spot on.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 29 Jul 22 8.27am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

‘Would be unfair to block a move , however detrimental to us?’
Surely this is a wind up.
‘However detrimental to us?’
. He’s getting 130 grand a week. If he doesn’t want to sign a new contract , he doesn’t have to. But he signed the contract.
Unfair, unshmare . It’s all about Palace for Palace. No sentiment in football. If Wilf don’t like it , f*ck him. Leave next year.

Fair enough. I think most of us would agree he has done more to keep us in the PL than any other player by a country mile and aside from a couple of relatively brief spells has always given us his all. If you think holding a player who has given so much against his will is the right and honourable thing to do, then so be it. Personally, as much as I love Palace, I wouldn't want to stop a player fulfilling their dreams especially when he is four years into a five year deal; it's not like the ink is fresh on a bumper contract.

If he stays I want it to be because that's what he wants as it's the only way we'll get the best out of him and it's also the only way I personally could enjoy watching him. The period after we turned down Arsenal it was bl**dy miserable watching him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 29 Jul 22 10.48am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

I also think the timing for Rak-Saki is good, a years loan to a championship club will do him the world of good, lets hope he can develop and this time next year is ready for the first team, to replace Wilf, the brief time i have seen Ebiowei he looks comfortable with both feet so could be the new Wilf.


I've never seen Rak-Sakyi play on the left, so positionwise, he's not a Wilf replacement. If you mean R-S being a talisman figure like Wilf, I have my doubts. He hasn't impressed in pre-season IMO unlike Ebiowei who gave Manure's defenders a difficult time and stood up the sitter against Leeds that Tyrick bounced over the bar.

Jesurun definitely needs to go out on loan this season so he can play men's football every week. Rumour had it (although gone a bit quiet) that he might be going to Charlton on loan. Time will tell.

As for Wilf, let's wait and see if an actual offer comes in for him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 29 Jul 22 10.54am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


I've never seen Rak-Sakyi play on the left, so positionwise, he's not a Wilf replacement. If you mean R-S being a talisman figure like Wilf, I have my doubts. He hasn't impressed in pre-season IMO unlike Ebiowei who gave Manure's defenders a difficult time and stood up the sitter against Leeds that Tyrick bounced over the bar.

Jesurun definitely needs to go out on loan this season so he can play men's football every week. Rumour had it (although gone a bit quiet) that he might be going to Charlton on loan. Time will tell.

As for Wilf, let's wait and see if an actual offer comes in for him.

Lincoln managed by erstwhile Palace player Mark Kennedy are also interested in his services.

Edited by Willo (29 Jul 2022 10.56am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goal Machine's Profile Goal Machine Flag The Cronx 29 Jul 22 10.55am Send a Private Message to Goal Machine Add Goal Machine as a friend

He finished last season well and looks to have his hunger back under PV. I'm sure he recognises we are progressing as a club and he is probably considered the most senior player on the pitch for us.

His pace has gone a bit but I'd say his end product has probably improved. My guess is that he'll eventually be morphed into a centre forward with lots of promising young wingers in our ranks.

If he's happy, which I think he is, we should keep him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Groundhog Flag Charing Cross 29 Jul 22 11.31am

His whole career has turned into a perpetual Stay or Go. Maybe he likes The Clash .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 15 of 15 << First< 11 12 13 14 15

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha - Stay or go?