You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha - Stay or go?
August 19 2022 5.57am

Zaha - Stay or go?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 13 of 15 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

 

View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 27 Jul 22 11.45am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

£25m in exchange for putting at increased risk our chances of earning a similar amount in EPL reward for finishing mid table, plus TV money, plus the increased revenue from sponsors / corporate. Lets say £100m all told.

Personally I would hold Wilf to his contract for those reasons.

Obviously he's free to go in 12 months, but that's a situation out of the clubs control unless he signs another deal.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 27 Jul 22 11.54am Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Easy decision for me.

Go, and we go down.
Or
Stay, and we stay up!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Arthur Blackpudding's Profile Arthur Blackpudding Flag 27 Jul 22 12.32pm Send a Private Message to Arthur Blackpudding Add Arthur Blackpudding as a friend

He's not going anywhere

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View MonsterMunch's Profile MonsterMunch Flag Cambridge 27 Jul 22 12.49pm Send a Private Message to MonsterMunch Add MonsterMunch as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

£25m in exchange for putting at increased risk our chances of earning a similar amount in EPL reward for finishing mid table, plus TV money, plus the increased revenue from sponsors / corporate. Lets say £100m all told.

Personally I would hold Wilf to his contract for those reasons.

Obviously he's free to go in 12 months, but that's a situation out of the clubs control unless he signs another deal.

Highly unlikely he re-signs but this is the commercial decision the club has to make if Chelsea comes in with an acceptable offer.

This time round it’s different as he has 1 year left. They either take the money for a player in his final year vs the revenue we could make with him this year and letting him walk at the end of the season. If an offer comes in for Wilf and we don’t give him the opportunity we can only guess he’ll be kicking off again

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View pompeyeagle's Profile pompeyeagle Flag Relocated to Shropshire 27 Jul 22 6.30pm Send a Private Message to pompeyeagle Add pompeyeagle as a friend

If there’s any truth in this and Chelsea do come in for him, if they were prepared to loan Gallagher back to us for another season and include Colwill as part of the deal then I think it would make sense to let him go, otherwise we’re stuck with a player who doesn’t want to play for us and will move on for nothing a year from now anyway.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 27 Jul 22 8.01pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by pompeyeagle

If there’s any truth in this and Chelsea do come in for him, if they were prepared to loan Gallagher back to us for another season and include Colwill as part of the deal then I think it would make sense to let him go, otherwise we’re stuck with a player who doesn’t want to play for us and will move on for nothing a year from now anyway.

To you maybe.

It would be insane to sell Zaha because he cannot be replaced.
If he leaves for free next season, then so be it, but I doubt he will.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley 28 Jul 22 8.17am Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

There is no offer so there is no deal, it doesn’t matter if Chelsea are interested or not. If they come up with a sensible offer or a swap deal then I think that would be a good solution all round….

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 28 Jul 22 8.49am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Unless the money is silly, we need to keep him.

And start seriously planning for his departure next summer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 28 Jul 22 9.10am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

If Chelsea were to make a reasonable offer and Wilf wants to go then we have to let him. The idea of turning down what might be his last chance at a CL club would turn ugly and I think the club would regret it. However important he is to us we can't keep him under lock and key.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 28 Jul 22 9.14am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

If Chelsea were to make a reasonable offer and Wilf wants to go then we have to let him. The idea of turning down what might be his last chance at a CL club would turn ugly and I think the club would regret it. However important he is to us we can't keep him under lock and key.

I take your point, but that '' lock and key '' is a £130k per week contract which he signed.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Uphill's Profile Uphill Flag Bedford 28 Jul 22 11.46am Send a Private Message to Uphill Add Uphill as a friend

Hope Zaha stays where he will be a big fish in a small pool and guaranteed game time. Still very much worth his £130,000 a week pay.

Moving on he will rapidly need to adjust his attitude and accept being a squad player. Also, if he goes we have to give Man Utd 25% of his transfer fee which is much less than it could have been a couple of years ago.

Still has a couple of years left of quality playing time and hope we can get him to sign an extension instead of leaving on a free next year.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 28 Jul 22 11.54am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

I take your point, but that '' lock and key '' is a £130k per week contract which he signed.

I think he has more than enough money so really this would only be about achievements. At best Palace might win a domestic cup before he retires. He is such an emotional player that if we turned Chelsea down it would undoubtedly affect his performances on field. Yes he has done well financially out of us but we have had our money's worth out of him so to block a move at this point in his career would be unfair in my view, however detrimental it might be to us.

Having said all that I don't really believe the Chelsea rumours.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 13 of 15 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha - Stay or go?