You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Squad apprasial
July 3 2022 3.51am

Squad apprasial

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 07 Jun 22 10.43am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by mileend

The BBC Football gossip page has quoted the Sun, not always a reliable source, in saying that McArthur and Tomkins have signed contract extensions.

[Link]

MacArthur yes, but Tomkins?

I was sure he was out for more game time. Perhaps he is the new Kelly? Or he got the extension to sell him on?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 07 Jun 22 12.00pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

MacArthur yes, but Tomkins?

I was sure he was out for more game time. Perhaps he is the new Kelly? Or he got the extension to sell him on?


One question is how much does Dougie have to spend this window? The priority is clearly midfield and perhaps all the transfer kitty will go on tackling that need.

TBF to Tomkins he did a reasonable job when he came in for the injured Andersen and PV may have decided it was best to keep him as cover until next year (especially if Kouyate is moving on) when there should be a clearer picture of whether Ferguson will
a) be fit enough to play and
b) good enough to play across the back line where needed.
It may also be clearer by then whether or not Jake O'Brien will be close enough to the first team to be a genuine option.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 07 Jun 22 12.57pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


One question is how much does Dougie have to spend this window? The priority is clearly midfield and perhaps all the transfer kitty will go on tackling that need.

TBF to Tomkins he did a reasonable job when he came in for the injured Andersen and PV may have decided it was best to keep him as cover until next year (especially if Kouyate is moving on) when there should be a clearer picture of whether Ferguson will
a) be fit enough to play and
b) good enough to play across the back line where needed.
It may also be clearer by then whether or not Jake O'Brien will be close enough to the first team to be a genuine option.

Have to agree. Tomkins is a good defender but not overly comfortable with the ball at his feet. However, of the two the defensive side must take priority so he still represents a decent back up.
Hopefully his new contract is a little more pay as you play focused as he was on decent money and has been quite injury prone for a few seasons now.
As you say we don't know the situation with Kouyate and neither Fergie or O'Brien can currently be considered 1st or even 2nd choice back up.

I would not be surprised if we pick up a defender from the lower leagues during this transfer window - i think we have been linked with a Peterboro defender

Edited by palace99 (07 Jun 2022 12.59pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 07 Jun 22 2.12pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

MacArthur yes, but Tomkins?

I was sure he was out for more game time. Perhaps he is the new Kelly? Or he got the extension to sell him on?

I agree, Tomkins bad decision, Ward is better at CD than RB now, and Kouyate, if he signs and Ferguson if he is ever fit is a CD, not a FB

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 07 Jun 22 6.05pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

a great idea for a feature on Palace TV, a fly on the wall program on transfers during the close season, who takes part, what names are mentioned, how the transfer dealings work, how the payments are structured etc etc - Obviously some sensitive areas may need to be edited out but as a general "how things work" it would make riveting TV

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 07 Jun 22 6.53pm Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Originally posted by Dubai Eagle

a great idea for a feature on Palace TV, a fly on the wall program on transfers during the close season, who takes part, what names are mentioned, how the transfer dealings work, how the payments are structured etc etc - Obviously some sensitive areas may need to be edited out but as a general "how things work" it would make riveting TV

Remember that being one of the most interesting elements of `Sunderland till I die` documentary on Netflix.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 08 Jun 22 10.49pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Priorities have to be a CDM and striker! Our best strikers have been out of form which leaves us with bloody Mateta running the line. Unless Plangey can nail it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Fatherken's Profile Fatherken Flag 08 Jun 22 11.00pm Send a Private Message to Fatherken Add Fatherken as a friend

Mateta running !!! jogging more like

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 09 Jun 22 7.13am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Sprites and Fatherken are you holding your annual Benteke idol reunion in the same phone box as last year

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, keep Chilled, Man

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 09 Jun 22 9.14am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Fatherken

Mateta running !!! jogging more like


In comparison then, Benteke moves at a snail's pace.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nead1's Profile nead1 Flag 09 Jun 22 11.08am Send a Private Message to nead1 Add nead1 as a friend

Maybe you were just joking around Mateta? I actually thought one of his great strengths was his physical ability - including large amounts of running - such that he is often taken off after 70 mins as he has simply run out of steam.

As for Benteke, I agree he hardly moves; one of the laziest strikers I have ever seen - no risk of being exhausted in his case!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 09 Jun 22 11.56am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by nead1

Maybe you were just joking around Mateta? I actually thought one of his great strengths was his physical ability - including large amounts of running - such that he is often taken off after 70 mins as he has simply run out of steam.

As for Benteke, I agree he hardly moves; one of the laziest strikers I have ever seen - no risk of being exhausted in his case!


Sprites (and possibly Fatherken) love Benteke so much that Mateta has to be viewed as useless because he's keeping their beloved Tekkers out of the team

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Squad apprasial