You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > 2022 Conservative Leadership Election.
July 3 2022 3.28am

2022 Conservative Leadership Election.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 06 Jun 22 10.51am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Why do MPs and possibly even voters think 'there is a war on' as though we are actually in a war and Johnson is a 'churchillian' war leader.

It's amazing how people go for this stuff.

I think this vote is a CYA by some Tory MPs. They know he will survive but they can point to their voters and say hey I voted against the guy.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 06 Jun 22 11.24am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Starmer could stand for it and probably do ok.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 06 Jun 22 11.53am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

I assume Wisbech that you want Jeremy Hunt to stand because he is even more useless that Teresa May!
If I were Boris I would get my win tonight and go straight into a general election - see whether the Country want Starmer or not - they woouldn't, albeit it will be closer than last time versus JC.
Even funnier if Starmer got his fine part way through the process and had to resign mid-election!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 06 Jun 22 11.53am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I think this vote is a CYA by some Tory MPs. They know he will survive but they can point to their voters and say hey I voted against the guy.

Good call Badger

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 06 Jun 22 12.38pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I assume Wisbech that you want Jeremy Hunt to stand because he is even more useless that Teresa May!
If I were Boris I would get my win tonight and go straight into a general election - see whether the Country want Starmer or not - they woouldn't, albeit it will be closer than last time versus JC.
Even funnier if Starmer got his fine part way through the process and had to resign mid-election!

Supporting Jeremy Hunt for Tory Leader is about as sensible as Michael Foot for Labour Leader.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 06 Jun 22 1.00pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

If Johnson wants to understand where he has got it right, then the letter from the supposedly Tory MP Jesse Norman spells it all out...

If Johnson manages to survive then he has to immediately speed up the Rwanda plan, f*** the EU off with Article 16 and privatise Channel 4 as soon as possible.

And have this t*** deselected.

Johnson can turn this around but only if he actually shows some bollocks. I suspect he will not, because he is a loathsome toad when all is said and done, but if Hunt does replace him then the Brexit Party has to come to the fore once more. Because the battle will be well and truly on again.

You suppose that any "rebels" can be replaced by pro Boris full on Brexiteers of the type beloved of most posters on here. However, they may not be beloved of the majority of that MPs constituents. They may be long standing MPs with a strong identity association within their community. Sending in Sir Barking-Gammon as the replacement may cause a huge swing to the Lib Dems.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 06 Jun 22 1.07pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

I assume Wisbech that you want Jeremy Hunt to stand because he is even more useless that Teresa May!
If I were Boris I would get my win tonight and go straight into a general election - see whether the Country want Starmer or not - they woouldn't, albeit it will be closer than last time versus JC.
Even funnier if Starmer got his fine part way through the process and had to resign mid-election!

How times have changed.

When I was younger, she would have stood for integrity and a person who puts her country first. Now her strong principles cast her as "useless".

Whereas, BJ is truly embarrassing as a statesman, has proven that he lacks any integrity and clearly puts himself and his personal legacy first. However, this appears to cast him as "useful".

A prime minister's value wholly assessed by reference to his skin deep presentation and ability to attract voters to his manufactured charm.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 06 Jun 22 2.02pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Beginning to suspect Johnson might be more comfortable than I initially thought, with the Brexit narrative, rightly or wrongly, that this is all driven by some cunning Remainer type plot to lumber us with the single market/customs union once again, swaying MP's who were undecided.

And the prospect of this utter w***er [Link] , current favourite to replace Johnson should he lose, then it has to be a case of better the Devil you know.

I despite Johnson with every fibre of my body but if a t*** like Hunt, who was suggesting a second referendum after less than 2 weeks after the Leave victory, is the favourite to replace him, then the Tory party is utterly screwed.

We need a genuine Right Wing alternative to these Conservative t***s. ASAP

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 06 Jun 22 2.04pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by silvertop

How times have changed.

When I was younger, she would have stood for integrity and a person who puts her country first. Now her strong principles cast her as "useless".

Whereas, BJ is truly embarrassing as a statesman, has proven that he lacks any integrity and clearly puts himself and his personal legacy first. However, this appears to cast him as "useful".

A prime minister's value wholly assessed by reference to his skin deep presentation and ability to attract voters to his manufactured charm.

It wasn't her principles but her inability to get things done.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 06 Jun 22 3.14pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Beginning to suspect Johnson might be more comfortable than I initially thought, with the Brexit narrative, rightly or wrongly, that this is all driven by some cunning Remainer type plot to lumber us with the single market/customs union once again, swaying MP's who were undecided.

And the prospect of this utter w***er [Link] , current favourite to replace Johnson should he lose, then it has to be a case of better the Devil you know.

I despite Johnson with every fibre of my body but if a t*** like Hunt, who was suggesting a second referendum after less than 2 weeks after the Leave victory, is the favourite to replace him, then the Tory party is utterly screwed.

We need a genuine Right Wing alternative to these Conservative t***s. ASAP

Both the main parties are devoid of any significant leadership talent.

I can see a leadership challenge but I don't see him losing nor resigning.

I'm indifferent to it all as the conservative party conserves nothing.

As for May and her so called principles. She was part of the Cameron brigade who moved the Tories from being conservatives to a Blair/Brown party.

She was part of a betrayal of Tory heritage for focus group opinions.

Not principles I respect personally.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 06 Jun 22 3.37pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

I posted a short while ago that the general public may have passed the point of no return with Johnson.

That's my gut feeling, and we are now seeing a PM being booed in public and heckled in restaurants.

That's unusual and he will stay on I can't see him being defeated, but it is only delaying the end imo.

What a load off the country when he does go.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 06 Jun 22 3.39pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Love this - Jeremy Hunt rhymes with...............

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > 2022 Conservative Leadership Election.