You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Academy Loans Out
January 30 2023 10.50am

Academy Loans Out

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 17 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

 

View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 14 Jan 23 4.39pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

What has happened to Scott Banks at Bradford? No sign of him in the starting line-up nor subs. bench. Is he injured?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 14 Jan 23 4.42pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

What has happened to Scott Banks at Bradford? No sign of him in the starting line-up nor subs. bench. Is he injured?


Yes. shin problem I think.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Reigate 15 Jan 23 12.10pm Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Crystal_Clear

Both Rak-Sakyi and Kylami-Gordon on the scoresheet this afternoon.

Had a look on the Charlton fans forum.. They absolutely love Rak-Sakyi.. That's 7 goals now this season for him. I thought his loan spell had finished? I'm assuming we've extended it until the end of the season?

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View theorist's Profile theorist 16 Jan 23 1.35am Send a Private Message to theorist Add theorist as a friend

Luke scoring 2 (1 pen) yesterday in a friendly, reading into this as you may, Swift Hesperange 4 x 3 RWDM. (Luxembourg top tier).

On loan to, but eligible and returning for the u21's PL cup fixture Friday was Matty Vigor (18yo). 2 goals in 12 playing %70 available minutes midfield for Carshalton, who are sitting 7/22 Isthmian. Playing Isthmian as an 18yo's first exposure to seniorish football is probably okay on the way up. Matty did, however, work the internal offensive in the box interchange well in the later minutes once the front line lads gained their bearings and stepped onto the front foot.

Billericay Town for Daniel Quick, following his Dorking spell, is more of the on the way down to me, but I hope not.

The u21s looked disjointed Saturday, IMO, potentially due to disorientation with all the loan activity, but also playing a meaningless group stage game having already been eliminated. An auspicious beginning following David's return from QP, with a slip/stumble allowing for their winger to break from midfield resulting in the cross for their goal. Looked rusty, but the general confusion on the pitch may have contributed. Unfortunately, nowhere near PL capable anytime soon. I'm still leaning towards Rodney as the break glass in case of fire right back if a first team alarm were to be pulled.

Junior Dixon, and Adler Nascimento, unseen since early December? One does notice when any of our 9 goal in 9 game strikers goes missing for 6 weeks. Also, Adler (~500K from Peterborough) is in my eyes truly starting to look ready for the u21 bump.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 16 Jan 23 7.48am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by theorist

Luke scoring 2 (1 pen) yesterday in a friendly, reading into this as you may, Swift Hesperange 4 x 3 RWDM. (Luxembourg top tier).

On loan to, but eligible and returning for the u21's PL cup fixture Friday was Matty Vigor (18yo). 2 goals in 12 playing %70 available minutes midfield for Carshalton, who are sitting 7/22 Isthmian. Playing Isthmian as an 18yo's first exposure to seniorish football is probably okay on the way up. Matty did, however, work the internal offensive in the box interchange well in the later minutes once the front line lads gained their bearings and stepped onto the front foot.

Billericay Town for Daniel Quick, following his Dorking spell, is more of the on the way down to me, but I hope not.

The u21s looked disjointed Saturday, IMO, potentially due to disorientation with all the loan activity, but also playing a meaningless group stage game having already been eliminated. An auspicious beginning following David's return from QP, with a slip/stumble allowing for their winger to break from midfield resulting in the cross for their goal. Looked rusty, but the general confusion on the pitch may have contributed. Unfortunately, nowhere near PL capable anytime soon. I'm still leaning towards Rodney as the break glass in case of fire right back if a first team alarm were to be pulled.

Junior Dixon, and Adler Nascimento, unseen since early December? One does notice when any of our 9 goal in 9 game strikers goes missing for 6 weeks. Also, Adler (~500K from Peterborough) is in my eyes truly starting to look ready for the u21 bump.


I believe that had we won we would have overtaken Sheff to finish 2nd and thereby qualify for the next phase.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 16 Jan 23 7.42pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by kennybrowns leftfoot

Had a look on the Charlton fans forum.. They absolutely love Rak-Sakyi.. That's 7 goals now this season for him. I thought his loan spell had finished? I'm assuming we've extended it until the end of the season?

Personally, would recall Rak Sakyi now, any injuries to our wide players and we won't have anyone to cover. It's literally bound to happen at some stage.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 16 Jan 23 11.01pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

With all the comings and goings the U21s are looking disjointed.

Defeats by SheffU in the PL Cup and now Fulham 1-2 tonight.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 23 Jan 23 2.47pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

Anymore updates

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 23 Jan 23 3.00pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Personally, would recall Rak Sakyi now, any injuries to our wide players and we won't have anyone to cover. It's literally bound to happen at some stage.

Have to say I agree with you AS. Have always believed in this lad. I'm of the view that if Ozoh is good enough then Rak-Sakyi certainly is too.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 23 Jan 23 3.15pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Have to say I agree with you AS. Have always believed in this lad. I'm of the view that if Ozoh is good enough then Rak-Sakyi certainly is too.

I have to admit that the only time I have seen Ozoh play is when he made his brief appearance on Saturday.

Apropos Rak-Sakyi I have only seen him in snippets.He does appear a tad slight of build and I am just pondering whether physicality,at present,will hinder his progress.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 23 Jan 23 3.46pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

David Ozoh and Jack Wells-Morrison played in yesterdays 0-1 victory over Liverpool on Merseyside.

Victor Akinwale the scorer.

From the reception given to David O I think the Selhurst fans are keen to see Academy players step up.

'They are knocking on the door' - PV.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 25 Jan 23 10.36am Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Ryan Bartley is the latest to go out on loan to Eastbourne Borough
[Link]

Obviously, almost all those out on loan will fail to make it in the PL with us. However, part of the function of our Academy is surely to develop players who can play at a decent professional level and provide us with funds when they are sold.

I believe we should be aiming to develop players to the level where they are wanted on loan by Championship clubs. It will be interesting to see which of the current players out on loan at L1 and L2 clubs this season will be wanted by Championship clubs next season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 17 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Academy Loans Out