You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Newcastle Utd vs Crystal Palace - Match Thread
October 4 2022 5.08pm

Newcastle Utd vs Crystal Palace - Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 22 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

 

View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 04 Sep 22 1.28pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

The decision to overrule the goal was absolutely correct.

Totally agree Willo and “Puitouts” summary is bang on the money..!!

Would Shearer have said the same if it had been Palace had the goal disallowed in the same circumstances.

What made me laugh is that “Salt and Lineker” said “right Alan you’ve been waiting for this all day” - so lining up his totally biased rant.

They’re both a couple of “bell ends”..!!

Just happy to upset Sandcastle, Howe the Butchers of Saudi and the woman from Whoville..!!

COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View peterg's Profile peterg Flag Anerley 04 Sep 22 1.32pm Send a Private Message to peterg Add peterg as a friend

Originally posted by Plaistow Eagle

Totally agree Willo and “Puitouts” summary is bang on the money..!!

Would Shearer have said the same if it had been Palace had the goal disallowed in the same circumstances.

What made me laugh is that “Salt and Lineker” said “right Alan you’ve been waiting for this all day” - so lining up his totally biased rant.

They’re both a couple of “bell ends”..!!

Just happy to upset Sandcastle, Howe the Butchers of Saudi and the woman from Whoville..!!

COYP

Totally agree with this. I tried to imagine what Bellend Shearer would have said if a similar Palace "goal" had been disallowed. Impossible - he would not even have mentioned it.

 


The right place at the right time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 04 Sep 22 1.48pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

I have just watched 15 minutes of highlights of the game on Palace TV.

Amazing that it finished 0-0. We were somewhat fortunate that Newcastle were as profligate in front of goal as we were. We were also fortunate to have Guaita in goal playing a blinder.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 04 Sep 22 2.40pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Pete53

I have just watched 15 minutes of highlights of the game on Palace TV.

Amazing that it finished 0-0. We were somewhat fortunate that Newcastle were as profligate in front of goal as we were. We were also fortunate to have Guaita in goal playing a blinder.

To repeat not good luck- bloody hard work.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Gary St.Andrews's Profile Gary St.Andrews Flag Kenley 04 Sep 22 3.03pm Send a Private Message to Gary St.Andrews Add Gary St.Andrews as a friend

I remember Shearer saying a few years ago that these decisions will even themselves out during the season. So where is his rationale now?

We have had more than our fair share of terrible decisions go against us and I am of a mind to think we are owed one or two now!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 04 Sep 22 3.13pm Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Saudi owners have yet to realise that they need to make generous voluntary contributions to the Referee's Benevolent Fund for VAR to work properly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View peterg's Profile peterg Flag Anerley 04 Sep 22 4.13pm Send a Private Message to peterg Add peterg as a friend

Poor Alan! Newcastle spaff nearly £60m on striker Isak and he blows his first big chance against Palace. The Isak fee is probably around the total purchase cost of the current Palace team. So Newcastle sell out to the sportswashing Arabs and have to settle for a point against small-spending Palace. Alan was so upset he had to blame this particular ref, all refs, the head of refs and the VAR ref for dropping two points. Plus all goalkeepers. Alan earns nearly £400k a year for getting upset in public like this. And not one person on MOTD dared put an opposing view to him. T*ssers.

Edited by peterg (04 Sep 2022 4.24pm)

 


The right place at the right time

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mtp1958's Profile mtp1958 Flag Grays 04 Sep 22 5.34pm Send a Private Message to mtp1958 Add mtp1958 as a friend

I thought it was a easy point cant understand why people worry

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 04 Sep 22 6.33pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Just back from the game having stayed up north last night. My thoughts :

Firstly I have only just recovered from walking up god knows how many flights of steps.
The Newcastle fans are proper football fans. Take the rough with the smooth.
We haven’t had much luck this season but we got a bit of luck with VAR.
Jordan Ayew was our best player yesterday.
Mitchell wasn’t great, neither was Eze.
Wilf looked disinterested.
We were hanging on a times with Guita making some excellent saves and Doucores goal line clearance a thing of wonder.
A good trip and a well earned point.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 04 Sep 22 7.56pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Anyway, when the freekick that led to the incident was taken three of their players looked off.

Offside.png Attachment: Offside.png (1,035.23Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 04 Sep 22 7.59pm Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

So it should've been ruled out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Plaistow Eagle's Profile Plaistow Eagle Flag 04 Sep 22 7.59pm Send a Private Message to Plaistow Eagle Add Plaistow Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by peterg

Poor Alan! Newcastle spaff nearly £60m on striker Isak and he blows his first big chance against Palace. The Isak fee is probably around the total purchase cost of the current Palace team. So Newcastle sell out to the sportswashing Arabs and have to settle for a point against small-spending Palace. Alan was so upset he had to blame this particular ref, all refs, the head of refs and the VAR ref for dropping two points. Plus all goalkeepers. Alan earns nearly £400k a year for getting upset in public like this. And not one person on MOTD dared put an opposing view to him. T*ssers.

Edited by peterg (04 Sep 2022 4.24pm)

Mate - totally get the sentiments - but think you’ll find total cost of of our team a tad over £60M..!!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 22 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Newcastle Utd vs Crystal Palace - Match Thread