You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Cost of living
October 4 2022 4.01am

Cost of living

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Sep 22 7.38am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Why would it be?
We could well be in for a long term decline.

I think it's a question of how steep the decline is. I certainly agree, that decisions taken have accelerated the fall into the debt black hole.....which many saw as unpayable back after 2008.

I've certainly been a critic of our elites and their choices for quite a few years but what can I say.....I have no desire to be proven correct.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 20 Sep 22 11.31am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

the rampant uncontrolled printing of Fiat money is what has crucified you. The Elites printing for the last number of decades.

Its Not the War in Ukraine.

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Returner Flag 21 Sep 22 5.56pm

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

the rampant uncontrolled printing of Fiat money is what has crucified you. The Elites printing for the last number of decades.

Its Not the War in Ukraine.

I recommend anyone read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" if they want to understand the underpinnings of our financial system.

[Link]

In my experience it's certainly sobered up some people.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag 22 Sep 22 2.38am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Liz Truss is behaving to my worst fears. Dishing out hundreds of billions of government cash to soften the blow of a major economic crisis. The perfect storm. Has she not got a clue? Very dangerous actions.
It just seems the mentality is that no one should suffer, the government is a lovely cushion. Wrong. So wrong.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 22 Sep 22 6.11am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Liz Truss is behaving to my worst fears. Dishing out hundreds of billions of government cash to soften the blow of a major economic crisis. The perfect storm. Has she not got a clue? Very dangerous actions.
It just seems the mentality is that no one should suffer, the government is a lovely cushion. Wrong. So wrong.

Just an extension of the benefits system manipulated to be a way of life for so many.
Life is hard, sadly many canít deal with that so go moaning and complaining until they get their own way, again. The only ones this bites farther down the line is the poorest. The very same ones who canít deal with hard times now. A vicious circle of take take take.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 22 Sep 22 8.25pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Greedy Capitalist b'stads.

Energy and fuel prices through the roof. companies earning mega-bucks for 'investors'.

Food prices ridiculously high. These are essentials for living, so why are they profit-driven ? Competition was meant to reduce prices, but all the 'competition' are acting as a giant cartel.

Fracking now has the green-light, so makes you wonder which politicians have just bought shares in fracking companies ?

People's standard of living / life quality is being noticeably reduced.

It's Covid, Brexit, Ukraine, Queen dying,...

Can't anyone fix this 5hlt ? or doesn't anyone give a 5hlt any more ?

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 23 Sep 22 9.16am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Greedy Capitalist b'stads.

Energy and fuel prices through the roof. companies earning mega-bucks for 'investors'.

Food prices ridiculously high. These are essentials for living, so why are they profit-driven ? Competition was meant to reduce prices, but all the 'competition' are acting as a giant cartel.

Fracking now has the green-light, so makes you wonder which politicians have just bought shares in fracking companies ?

People's standard of living / life quality is being noticeably reduced.

It's Covid, Brexit, Ukraine, Queen dying,...

Can't anyone fix this 5hlt ? or doesn't anyone give a 5hlt any more ?

Pandemics, brexit, wars, and the end of royal dynasties are major events that usually bring about longer term solutions. Everything else is the result of short-term politics that evolves around the repetitive 5 year cycle of governments. Maybe we need to start considering everything in the longer-term?

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 24 Sep 22 7.25pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Heinz Salad Cream cost me £3 for a plastic squirter of the stuff. I know Heinz has some cost problems at the moment with the big supermarkets, but even the cheaper brands are now pushing their prices up.
Everything has gone fcking stupid with regards to pricing, even when there are no shortages of products.

£25 for a Stanley knife, Jewsons were going to charge me.

Never mind, at least the bankers can sleep a bit easier with their bonuses uncapped and the rich can rest soundly with an income tax cut.

And supermarkets are ripping people of for petrol. What a fcking surprise.

[Link]

"Supermarkets are being undercut by independent garages in Wales as drivers hunt for cheaper fuel, research has suggested.

The RAC found independent garages have become the cheapest places to buy fuel in parts of the country." (BBC website)

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 25 Sep 22 7.29am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by Forest Hillbilly

Heinz Salad Cream cost me £3 for a plastic squirter of the stuff. I know Heinz has some cost problems at the moment with the big supermarkets, but even the cheaper brands are now pushing their prices up.
Everything has gone fcking stupid with regards to pricing, even when there are no shortages of products.

£25 for a Stanley knife, Jewsons were going to charge me.

Never mind, at least the bankers can sleep a bit easier with their bonuses uncapped and the rich can rest soundly with an income tax cut.

And supermarkets are ripping people of for petrol. What a fcking surprise.

[Link]

"Supermarkets are being undercut by independent garages in Wales as drivers hunt for cheaper fuel, research has suggested.

The RAC found independent garages have become the cheapest places to buy fuel in parts of the country." (BBC website)

You do realise that banker's bonuses is a complete red herring. When bonuses were capped in the EU the remuneration package just changed so salaries increased.

We need more people earning huge salaries not less to generate more tax revenue.

Why are high earning bankers treated like baby eaters yet others such as footballers are not

 


When the veneer of civility cracks and the abuse starts....sit back, smile and enjoy a point at Anfield

He reaching for the pocket....and it's a long overdue yellow

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 25 Sep 22 8.34am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

You do realise that banker's bonuses is a complete red herring. When bonuses were capped in the EU the remuneration package just changed so salaries increased.

We need more people earning huge salaries not less to generate more tax revenue.

Why are high earning bankers treated like baby eaters yet others such as footballers are not

Very true and some high earners will pay more tax and NI in a couple of years than many do in a life time but will be happy to be net takers within 10 years of retirement!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 25 Sep 22 9.51am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

You do realise that banker's bonuses is a complete red herring. When bonuses were capped in the EU the remuneration package just changed so salaries increased.

We need more people earning huge salaries not less to generate more tax revenue.

Why are high earning bankers treated like baby eaters yet others such as footballers are not

Bankers bonus is just a red herring it's catnip for politicians rather like them commenting on football.

The real reason we had a crisis in 2008 was due to poor regulation regarding banks balance sheets and who was responsible for regulating the banks err that would be the politicians.

The other reason especially in the US was that congress forced the banks to lend money to poor people who couldn't afford to pay it back. So saddled with this debt the banks bundled it up and offloaded to other mugs.

Compensation should be left between the board and the shareholders regulation should protect the taxpayer.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 25 Sep 22 11.37am Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend


I also understood that one of the reasons for the 08 crash in the UK was that in some change of house loan lending guidelines mortgage seekers were then allowed to write their own salary certification letters to justify the size of the loan they required, rather than have something written by the company they worked for & supported by a P60 (as it had been in previous times) obviously if you give people a free hand to borrow in effect as much as they like problems are bound to result.


Originally posted by Badger11

Bankers bonus is just a red herring it's catnip for politicians rather like them commenting on football.

The real reason we had a crisis in 2008 was due to poor regulation regarding banks balance sheets and who was responsible for regulating the banks err that would be the politicians.

The other reason especially in the US was that congress forced the banks to lend money to poor people who couldn't afford to pay it back. So saddled with this debt the banks bundled it up and offloaded to other mugs.

Compensation should be left between the board and the shareholders regulation should protect the taxpayer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Cost of living