You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > I'm Andy Fly Me
November 27 2022 2.27pm

I'm Andy Fly Me

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 38 of 38 << First< 34 35 36 37 38

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Oct 22 8.20pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

How do you know it hasnít be satisfied? A small business who has had a regular customer base for years, who have been satisfied with the arrangements, now have to spend money to satisfy a small minority?
Again you are saying it is unreasonable for people to be worried about encountering transgender, why? Obviously you are not going to take those peopleís views/ worries into consideration so there is no point in continuing this conversation

If it becomes a legal requirement they must.

If not then thatís their decision and anyone impacted will have to decide their own response.

Whether you believe itís reasonable, or not, is obviously just an opinion.

If it is legislated over then individual opinions get trumped by the law.

The tidal direction seems clear enough to me. It hits a few rocks on the way but it can flow around them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 10 Oct 22 8.26pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

If it becomes a legal requirement they must.

If not then thatís their decision and anyone impacted will have to decide their own response.

Whether you believe itís reasonable, or not, is obviously just an opinion.

If it is legislated over then individual opinions get trumped by the law.

The tidal direction seems clear enough to me. It hits a few rocks on the way but it can flow around them.

So if it becomes law, you would feel happy that small businesses could go out of business to satisfy a minority?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Oct 22 8.27pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

So are you saying transgender are disabled? Good luck with that

Of course not.

I am saying the need to deal with the needs of a diverse society means that the same considerations that were applied to the disabled also need to extended to others.

There werenít ramps for wheelchairs when I was a child. Now they are common place.

We progress as a caring society. Sometimes slowly and after a battle but progress we do.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 10 Oct 22 9.02pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Of course not.

I am saying the need to deal with the needs of a diverse society means that the same considerations that were applied to the disabled also need to extended to others.

There werenít ramps for wheelchairs when I was a child. Now they are common place.

We progress as a caring society. Sometimes slowly and after a battle but progress we do.

Progress for a few. Not for the women and girls involved.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Oct 22 9.13pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

So if it becomes law, you would feel happy that small businesses could go out of business to satisfy a minority?

You are clutching at straws!

They wonít. Everyone who provides changing facilities will face the same requirement. There would be grants, exceptions and time to comply.

The costs would not be excessive. New requirements appear routinely and are an accepted part of running a business. How many failed because they had to build a wheelchair ramp?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Oct 22 9.21pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Progress for a few. Not for the women and girls involved.

Any progress for a minority is, by definition, for the few.

That is no reason why not to do it.

One of the marks of a civilised democracy is how it treats minorities.

As it doesnít disadvantage the majority whatís the problem? Indeed for some it will provide reassurance. Win-win.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 10 Oct 22 9.32pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Any progress for a minority is, by definition, for the few.

That is no reason why not to do it.

One of the marks of a civilised democracy is how it treats minorities.

As it doesnít disadvantage the majority whatís the problem? Indeed for some it will provide reassurance. Win-win.



It does disadvantage the majority though. Do the women involved want this? Since the law has been clarified to allow gyms, etc to enforce single sex changing rooms it would appear not.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 10 Oct 22 9.40pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

You are clutching at straws!

They wonít. Everyone who provides changing facilities will face the same requirement. There would be grants, exceptions and time to comply.

The costs would not be excessive. New requirements appear routinely and are an accepted part of running a business. How many failed because they had to build a wheelchair ramp?

In the words of Willo, this is hog wash.
Many businesses did not need to build wheelchair ramps, as they are on one level but they would need to spend money on altering their changing facilities.
Where would the grants come from? Taxpayers? Why should they be burdened with this. What would the exceptions be! If you applied for an exemption would you be ďbrandedĒ a transphobe? In this day and age, possibly

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 Oct 22 10.01pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

In the words of Willo, this is hog wash.
Many businesses did not need to build wheelchair ramps, as they are on one level but they would need to spend money on altering their changing facilities.
Where would the grants come from? Taxpayers? Why should they be burdened with this. What would the exceptions be! If you applied for an exemption would you be ďbrandedĒ a transphobe? In this day and age, possibly

Many changing areas, and all toilets, already have separate cubicles so itís by far not all. Whether proportionally more than those needing to construct ramps is unknown but overall much less as most businesses have no changing areas. The cost of building a cubicle to change is negligible. No plumbing. Just 2 panels and a door.

No taxpayer is ďburdenedĒ by progress. If everyone took that view nothing would change. If itís done democratically then itís what we have decided.

Exceptions would likely be because of space, or very infrequent use limitations.

Common sense would, I am sure, prevail.

This is all speculation on what might be the future solution to a situation which divides opinion. When faced with such issues sensible compromises make sense and this feels like one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Online Flag Horsham 12 Oct 22 2.34pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 12 Oct 22 3.21pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

A simple solution to this issue albeit you'll have the usual cabal of 'Yuman Rights' advocates screaming otherwise, is to fast track pre-op surgery for these prisoners with them signing a waiver to proceed for this. Let's see how many take up the offer? I'm willing to bet the answer will be a resounding 'none'..........

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Oct 22 3.31pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Surely not! You mean they are gaming the system to get access to vulnerable women.

No one saw that coming

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 38 of 38 << First< 34 35 36 37 38

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > I'm Andy Fly Me