You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > What will the future Labour Govt prioritise?
November 27 2022 3.39pm

What will the future Labour Govt prioritise?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Oct 22 12.55pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Labour will be stronger on crime and immigration, tough on crime ad all that.

This is all very subjective.

But we are where we are after 12 years of tory mis-rule.

Labour will not be taking us back into the EU, there is no appetite in the EU for us to re-join, we have a lot to do to restore good relations we can certainly limit the brexit damage particularly over trade.

But re=joining that's unfortunately not a realistic option.

Yeah, all that budget money would seriously insult them.

I suggest the wider truth is that re-joining would be politically damaging for Starmer, especially without a referendum.

That's what I see Starmer doing, having a referendum and not making the funding fair for it......which was the mistake many on the remain side think they made....utterly unethical but there you go.

If we were in the EU right now they would be pressuring us on giving some of our gas to Germany.

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Oct 2022 12.57pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Oct 22 1.37pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Yeah, all that budget money would seriously insult them.

I suggest the wider truth is that re-joining would be politically damaging for Starmer, especially without a referendum.

That's what I see Starmer doing, having a referendum and not making the funding fair for it......which was the mistake many on the remain side think they made....utterly unethical but there you go.

If we were in the EU right now they would be pressuring us on giving some of our gas to Germany.

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Oct 2022 12.57pm)


Deep down I feel that the whole media onslaught on Johnson and the Tories was just a globalist plot to ignore democracy, get us back in the EU, centralise power and reduce individual freedom.

MPs were either knowingly or unknowingly complicit.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 18 Oct 22 1.53pm Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

What I said in another thread Hrolf - I 100% agree with you

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Oct 22 1.55pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Deep down I feel that the whole media onslaught on Johnson and the Tories was just a globalist plot to ignore democracy, get us back in the EU, centralise power and reduce individual freedom.

MPs were either knowingly or unknowingly complicit.

The overall effect of western globalism is essentially neoliberal authoritarianism.

Johnson is a globalist himself, he isn't new but for years any nationalists have long since been filtered out since the Cameron days via the original selection process.

What did for him was supporting Brexit, ultimately it doesn't matter how much of a green agenda fanatic he is or any of the social liberal memes or alphabets he supported.

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Oct 2022 2.00pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 18 Oct 22 2.40pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The overall effect of western globalism is essentially neoliberal authoritarianism.

Johnson is a globalist himself, he isn't new but for years any nationalists have long since been filtered out since the Cameron days via the original selection process.

What did for him was supporting Brexit, ultimately it doesn't matter how much of a green agenda fanatic he is or any of the social liberal memes or alphabets he supported.

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Oct 2022 2.00pm)

Almost certainly. Johnson is a globalist but like Corbyn, he ignored his own ideals for a shot at power.
The Tories are now, at least in part, globalist puppets, but the alternative is too depressing to contemplate.

If ever we needed a third credible alternative, it's now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 18 Oct 22 3.14pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Its priority will be to spend 4.5 years blaming everything on the mess left by the Tories and then the last 6 months, leading up to the General Election, emphasising that it has failed to achieve anything that it promised to achieve because of the mess that was left by the Tories.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 18 Oct 22 4.30pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

There's a very good reason why Starmer will not be taking us back into the EU, and that's because the latter don't want it.

Their decision to try and make sense of brexit is because we can't do anything else.

'Soundings were taken in Europe' - Lisa Nandy.

And the soundings appear to have been, unsurprisingly, 'non, merci'.

Or, 'sur la bicyclette'

'On yer' bike'.

We need to think what we have to actually have to offer, not what we may receive.

At the moment I don't think Baffinland would find us attractive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 18 Oct 22 4.51pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

There's a very good reason why Starmer will not be taking us back into the EU, and that's because the latter don't want it.

Their decision to try and make sense of brexit is because we can't do anything else.

'Soundings were taken in Europe' - Lisa Nandy.

And the soundings appear to have been, unsurprisingly, 'non, merci'.

Or, 'sur la bicyclette'

'On yer' bike'.

We need to think what we have to actually have to offer, not what we may receive.

At the moment I don't think Baffinland would find us attractive.


First of all they want the money. And we paid up.

Second of all, Germany needs the gas for its industry. Which in turn, is what supports the Euro. Trying to get my head around how the logistics of LPG works in terms of it being supplied by sea rather than via the traditional long-distance gas pipes but from I can work out, Britain could potentially be the nation in which this gas is unloaded and then piped over to Germany. What is definite is that Germany has no ability to unload the LPG directly.

With the UK potentially becoming a crucial factor in keeping German factories working. And us inside the EU again, makes that an easier sell.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 18 Oct 22 5.21pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Its priority will be to spend 4.5 years blaming everything on the mess left by the Tories and then the last 6 months, leading up to the General Election, emphasising that it has failed to achieve anything that it promised to achieve because of the mess that was left by the Tories.

This sounds about right.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 18 Oct 22 5.23pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

There's a very good reason why Starmer will not be taking us back into the EU, and that's because the latter don't want it.

Their decision to try and make sense of brexit is because we can't do anything else.

'Soundings were taken in Europe' - Lisa Nandy.

And the soundings appear to have been, unsurprisingly, 'non, merci'.

Or, 'sur la bicyclette'

'On yer' bike'.

We need to think what we have to actually have to offer, not what we may receive.

At the moment I don't think Baffinland would find us attractive.

I don't quite think the EU is the French man in the street. The French government will welcome another country to leech off of. A completely unviable country without massive subsidies.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 18 Oct 22 5.44pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

perchance rebuilding faith in politicians ? For many previous Governments, their priority seems to have been looking after themselves and feathering their own nests.
Diane Abbott behaving herself in Government ?

I don't really see any immediate priorities, except absolutely everything.

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 18 Oct 22 5.54pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

The thing is what can Labour actually do in face of what has happened to Truss? What was her terrible crime? Wanting to cut taxes?

Whatever you might think of Truss, why does anybody feel that Starmer would have anymore autonomy than she did? This is the question that needs to be answered.

Sure, lots of anti-Tory sentiment around her humiliation, and understandably so, but what does that mean for the next PM?

If this happens to somebody like Truss who tried to cut taxes what on earth happens to somebody from the Left tying to implement their policies?

People need to take a step back and ponder the wider consequences of what has just happened. It is not good at all.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > What will the future Labour Govt prioritise?