You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US mid terms
November 27 2022 2.42pm

US mid terms

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 09 Nov 22 12.46pm

Originally posted by steeleye20

Why bother with other news media?

And you get emoticons, too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Nov 22 2.18pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Dems to retain the Senate,you heard it here at cpnews first

That would be depressing but Biden is still a lame duck without the House so it's a little academic.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Far away fan's Profile Far away fan Flag On the border of jungle 09 Nov 22 3.38pm Send a Private Message to Far away fan Add Far away fan as a friend

I want Trump to charge back into the white house, not long now hopefully, Biden one off the most corrupt families.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Nov 22 4.34pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Far away fan

I want Trump to charge back into the white house, not long now hopefully, Biden one off the most corrupt families.

The economic situation gives the Republicans a significant chance, however it's also clear that more and more Americans *like* what the Democrat party is giving them, otherwise none of these races would even be close.

Demographics and degradation are destiny.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 09 Nov 22 4.42pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

That would be depressing but Biden is still a lame duck without the House so it's a little academic.

I was thinking that but I heard another opinion today that makes sense.

Whilst it will certainly make things harder on some issues it may not on others where the GOP is far from united. For instance the traditional Republicans tend to approve of continuing to support Ukraine whilst the MAGA types only look inward.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Nov 22 4.51pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I was thinking that but I heard another opinion today that makes sense.

Whilst it will certainly make things harder on some issues it may not on others where the GOP is far from united. For instance the traditional Republicans tend to approve of continuing to support Ukraine whilst the MAGA types only look inward.

I would imagine that the Republicans will be about as bipartisan as the Democrats were when Trump was in office.

We will see.

Edited by Stirlingsays (09 Nov 2022 4.52pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 13 Nov 22 12.21pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

'The consequences of this history-defying midterm election result are still being revealed'.

The pollsters the media et al seem to have got it wrong.

The Democrats led by 'senile' Joe Biden who actually has an incredible work-load, escape with a win and hardly a scratch.

The HOR seems to be headed for a narrow Republican win, that's small beer for the right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 13 Nov 22 2.12pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The economic situation gives the Republicans a significant chance, however it's also clear that more and more Americans *like* what the Democrat party is giving them, otherwise none of these races would even be close.

Demographics and degradation are destiny.

Erm actually they don't. My reading of the situation is that they want a complete top to bottom overhaul with a new nominee, new chair & new minority house leader.
De Santis is being smart by not revealing his cards don't be surprised if he is reaching out to someone like Tulsi Gabbard to form some sort of alliance. Trump is toast...

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 13 Nov 22 2.27pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

Erm actually they don't. My reading of the situation is that they want a complete top to bottom overhaul with a new nominee, new chair & new minority house leader.
De Santis is being smart by not revealing his cards don't be surprised if he is reaching out to someone like Tulsi Gabbard to form some sort of alliance. Trump is toast...


I can only look at the voting.....I agree, that many of us are kind of amazed that there are enough Americans willing to stick with the Democrats considering what they are giving them.....and what's coming down the pipe. How they can view the Republicans as worse is mind blowing, but there you go, the stats are the stats....mind you when you look at the votes demographically a much more nuanced understanding is there. Aside from minorities unmarried women (most probably still living and financially protected at home) voted Democrat much more.

As for Trump being toast....Well, I agree with you....the Republicans need to clear house.

However, If Trump runs as an independent the right are toast in general.

Edited by Stirlingsays (13 Nov 2022 2.47pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 13 Nov 22 2.31pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

'The consequences of this history-defying midterm election result are still being revealed'.

The pollsters the media et al seem to have got it wrong.

The Democrats led by 'senile' Joe Biden who actually has an incredible work-load, escape with a win and hardly a scratch.

The HOR seems to be headed for a narrow Republican win, that's small beer for the right.

Well, it means they can block Biden's bills. While I'd agree that this result is a major disappointment for the Republicans winning the congress is significant.

Then again, as Jimmy Dore kind of says, both parties are kind of just the status quo in many regards.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 13 Nov 22 2.35pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


I can only look at the voting.....I agree, that many of us are kind of amazed that are enough Americans willing to stick with the Democrats considering what they are giving them.....and what's coming down the pipe. How they can view the Republicans as worse is mind blowing, but there you go, the stats are the stats....mind you when you look at the votes demographically a much more nuanced understanding is there.

As for Trump being toast....Well, I agree with you....the Republicans need to clear house.

However, If Trump runs as an independent the right are toast in general.

Edited by Stirlingsays (13 Nov 2022 2.28pm)

It's by far the best outcome for the USA. It would force the GOP to reappraise and return to the mainstream.

It also seems most likely, given Trump's personality.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 13 Nov 22 2.45pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

What a shocker....WE wants Trump to run after all.

But only because of his fantasy of Republicans being centralists.

He doesn't understand that the genie is way out of the bottle and the GOP boomers were the centralists.....just like the progressives took over the Democrat party, America first is inevitable in the Republican.

Edited by Stirlingsays (13 Nov 2022 2.48pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US mid terms