You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus and the impact of Lockdown policy
February 8 2023 8.03am

Coronavirus and the impact of Lockdown policy

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Dec 22 11.58pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

All I know is that I managed to catch Covid in mid November and frankly still not right. Very strangely up and down. Can be alright for a day or two - then back again.

I'm curious, because all these discussions were some time ago now, did you get vaccinated?

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 20 Dec 22 1.13pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I'm curious, because all these discussions were some time ago now, did you get vaccinated?

Yes, I was vaccinated. I was ill from the vaccine - got the Pfizer/Moderna double jab. My tongue swelled and could hardly talk. Obviously allergic to the vaccine. I still got the second jab. However, got no boosters due to the issues. I will say my GP listened and understood but those at the vaccine centre had absolutely no interest.
To tell the truth my missus is anti-vax (her son/my step son has issues ever since childhood vaccinations). She's not vaccinated, we both work in similar jobs. I must have had Covid at least three times. One wasn't too bad, this one has left me with loads of post Covid things but I reckon I'll be alright. Been off work for around a month now. Will go back in the New Year. She has had mild Covid once. My own opinion is that the vaccine cannot be described as a vaccine. My own experience seems to demonstrate that it made no difference, even possibly worsened Covid. It also made me quite sick.
This is only my own experience - others maybe not as unlucky. I won't be rushing for any further 'vaccines' or boosters or whatever, after all this. Funnily enough, I'm in a very conservative, conformist workplace (similar to your profession), and normally government line colleagues all pretty much whisper similar things. They won't get boosted. No one sees the point. There are just as much risks in the injections as there are with Covid for normal people. Plus the vaccine or booster seems to do nothing it's supposed to do.

Edited by ASCPFC (20 Dec 2022 1.15pm)

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Dec 22 1.26pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Yes, I was vaccinated. I was ill from the vaccine - got the Pfizer/Moderna double jab. My tongue swelled and could hardly talk. Obviously allergic to the vaccine. I still got the second jab. However, got no boosters due to the issues. I will say my GP listened and understood but those at the vaccine centre had absolutely no interest.
To tell the truth my missus is anti-vax (her son/my step son has issues ever since childhood vaccinations). She's not vaccinated, we both work in similar jobs. I must have had Covid at least three times. One wasn't too bad, this one has left me with loads of post Covid things but I reckon I'll be alright. Been off work for around a month now. Will go back in the New Year. She has had mild Covid once. My own opinion is that the vaccine cannot be described as a vaccine. My own experience seems to demonstrate that it made no difference, even possibly worsened Covid. It also made me quite sick.
This is only my own experience - others maybe not as unlucky. I won't be rushing for any further 'vaccines' or boosters or whatever, after all this. Funnily enough, I'm in a very conservative, conformist workplace (similar to your profession), and normally government line colleagues all pretty much whisper similar things. They won't get boosted. No one sees the point. There are just as much risks in the injections as there are with Covid for normal people. Plus the vaccine or booster seems to do nothing it's supposed to do.

Edited by ASCPFC (20 Dec 2022 1.15pm)

Yours is a well written and sensible post.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 20 Dec 22 1.38pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Yours is a well written and sensible post.

Obviously just personal experience, but no doubt someone will tell me I'm wrong.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eden Eagle's Profile Eden Eagle Flag Kent 21 Dec 22 8.03am Send a Private Message to Eden Eagle Add Eden Eagle as a friend

Like most people I have decided to avoid any further “vaccines” and consequently get texts from the NHS most days asking me to book an appointment for the injection and now they have written to me as well.

As of October this year according to the BBC only 22% of people over 50 had opted to get the Autumn Booster.

I wonder at what point do the NHS accept that those who want the injection have already done so and that the rest do not want to?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 21 Dec 22 8.59am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Eden Eagle

Like most people I have decided to avoid any further “vaccines” and consequently get texts from the NHS most days asking me to book an appointment for the injection and now they have written to me as well.

As of October this year according to the BBC only 22% of people over 50 had opted to get the Autumn Booster.

I wonder at what point do the NHS accept that those who want the injection have already done so and that the rest do not want to?

Interesting I have had the 3rd jab some of my elderly neighbours have had 5. I haven't detected a reaction against them in my sphere perhaps because most of my friends and neighbours are pensioners.

As long as the vulnerable get vaccinated I think it's fine if a fit and healthy person says no thanks.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View robdave2k's Profile robdave2k Flag 21 Dec 22 9.49am Send a Private Message to robdave2k Add robdave2k as a friend

It was ironic it hit in 2020 - as hindsight always is.

On a personal level I lost my dad to it who isolated for the entire first year - then used a cashpoint and caught it. GP refused to see him and diagnosed a water infection. Even the paramedics didn't wear masks when they eventually took him in.

My mum was ill for a day or so at the same time, my sister who works in a supermarket completely missed it and I was f***ed up for about 9 months with fatigue

I'm also an accountant by trade so saw my job change on a daily basis with the announcements. People can't have it both ways. First you had the complaints it (Support) wasn't being given out quick enough, then the complaints after that it wasn't checked enough.

This was unchartered waters, people could travel more freely, things spread far faster. The trade off being that the technology and advancement that gave the freedom of movement allowing a spread, also gave us the tools to fight it.

200,000 deaths is still a lot and I personally have no anger towards the decisions taken by anybody (other than those who abused the help on offer - and I fired a number of my clients over this).

A year ago we were discussing another circuit breaker. Everyone views things through their own lens - I knew in reality if my dad caught Covid he would die - due to other health conditions. What brought it into stark reality for me was seeing the inside of a Covid ward, not being able to be there. It's an eerie place, and the last time my dad saw me and I saw him I was dressed up like something out of Breaking Bad! His final words to me were to cancel a kidney appointment in the New Year - so I like to think that his final piece of advice was "don't let them take the piss"

That said though what rammed it home for me was seeing the girl in the room next to him. 25 with two young children, no underlying health issues and being taken to be put on a ventilator. It's one thing a 72 year old not wanting to be incubated or resuscitated and succumbing to a virus, but it's another when it hits a perfectly healthy young woman. That's what was being protected against. You shouldn't weigh one life against another. but the lockdown was there to protect the vulnerable and susceptible - and they were not always immediately apparent.

Were lockdowns the right decision - no one will ever really know, but Covid (like Brexit) is polarising. There are no absolute rights or wrongs, as much as everyone thinks their own point of view is the right one. Every booster screws me for a few weeks - but I do consider that a price worth paying for those around me. That said I also understand completely why someone wouldn't want to have one and I won't be going near the flu vaccine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kingdowieonthewall's Profile kingdowieonthewall Flag Sussex, ex-Cronx. 21 Dec 22 10.52am Send a Private Message to kingdowieonthewall Add kingdowieonthewall as a friend

Originally posted by robdave2k

It was ironic it hit in 2020 - as hindsight always is.

On a personal level I lost my dad to it who isolated for the entire first year - then used a cashpoint and caught it. GP refused to see him and diagnosed a water infection. Even the paramedics didn't wear masks when they eventually took him in.

My mum was ill for a day or so at the same time, my sister who works in a supermarket completely missed it and I was f***ed up for about 9 months with fatigue

I'm also an accountant by trade so saw my job change on a daily basis with the announcements. People can't have it both ways. First you had the complaints it (Support) wasn't being given out quick enough, then the complaints after that it wasn't checked enough.

This was unchartered waters, people could travel more freely, things spread far faster. The trade off being that the technology and advancement that gave the freedom of movement allowing a spread, also gave us the tools to fight it.

200,000 deaths is still a lot and I personally have no anger towards the decisions taken by anybody (other than those who abused the help on offer - and I fired a number of my clients over this).

A year ago we were discussing another circuit breaker. Everyone views things through their own lens - I knew in reality if my dad caught Covid he would die - due to other health conditions. What brought it into stark reality for me was seeing the inside of a Covid ward, not being able to be there. It's an eerie place, and the last time my dad saw me and I saw him I was dressed up like something out of Breaking Bad! His final words to me were to cancel a kidney appointment in the New Year - so I like to think that his final piece of advice was "don't let them take the piss"

That said though what rammed it home for me was seeing the girl in the room next to him. 25 with two young children, no underlying health issues and being taken to be put on a ventilator. It's one thing a 72 year old not wanting to be incubated or resuscitated and succumbing to a virus, but it's another when it hits a perfectly healthy young woman. That's what was being protected against. You shouldn't weigh one life against another. but the lockdown was there to protect the vulnerable and susceptible - and they were not always immediately apparent.

Were lockdowns the right decision - no one will ever really know, but Covid (like Brexit) is polarising. There are no absolute rights or wrongs, as much as everyone thinks their own point of view is the right one. Every booster screws me for a few weeks - but I do consider that a price worth paying for those around me. That said I also understand completely why someone wouldn't want to have one and I won't be going near the flu vaccine.

^^This is one of several very good, level, no agenda posts on this thread.^^


Regarding myself,
I'm self employed & took 3 of the 5 gov,payouts offered (as I was either working or not, so only took what I felt was correct & my accountant would approve.
I've also an achilles heel for cold/flu type bugs.
I had the first 3 jabs, but no more, avoiding covid until only a few months ago, probably catching it on the plane coming back from Portugal in October, it was choka with people 60s-70s coughing.
Wife & I had what I'd compare to regular Flu for about 10 days, but with varying symptoms changing almost daily.
A few days I was somewhat concerned.
After the initial 10 days its taken me a few more weeks to get back on level par, being belligerent going for walks & gym (in my garage).
I must admit, id say I've had a flu much worse about 2oyrs ago, but if I had underlying health problems I'd be worried in future.
Ironically I had a regular cold 2-3 weeks before catching covid & Ive had another small, 3 day cold after.
I may have had it at the start, but didnt test, just stayed home after my daughter came home ill (supermarket worker)
A couple of friends are very Anti-vax, conspiracy,they're out to cull us etc but we've managed to avoid falling out over it (just)


Edited by kingdowieonthewall (21 Dec 2022 10.53am)

 


Kids,tired of being bothered by your pesky parents?
Then leave home, get a job & pay your own bills, while you still know everything.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 21 Dec 22 9.43pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Yes, I was vaccinated. I was ill from the vaccine - got the Pfizer/Moderna double jab. My tongue swelled and could hardly talk. Obviously allergic to the vaccine. I still got the second jab. However, got no boosters due to the issues. I will say my GP listened and understood but those at the vaccine centre had absolutely no interest.
To tell the truth my missus is anti-vax (her son/my step son has issues ever since childhood vaccinations). She's not vaccinated, we both work in similar jobs. I must have had Covid at least three times. One wasn't too bad, this one has left me with loads of post Covid things but I reckon I'll be alright. Been off work for around a month now. Will go back in the New Year. She has had mild Covid once. My own opinion is that the vaccine cannot be described as a vaccine. My own experience seems to demonstrate that it made no difference, even possibly worsened Covid. It also made me quite sick.
This is only my own experience - others maybe not as unlucky. I won't be rushing for any further 'vaccines' or boosters or whatever, after all this. Funnily enough, I'm in a very conservative, conformist workplace (similar to your profession), and normally government line colleagues all pretty much whisper similar things. They won't get boosted. No one sees the point. There are just as much risks in the injections as there are with Covid for normal people. Plus the vaccine or booster seems to do nothing it's supposed to do.

Edited by ASCPFC (20 Dec 2022 1.15pm)

It seems to me that you have been extremely unlucky. I don't know anyone who has suffered comparable reactions. The worst I have heard about was a swollen upper arm. I have all 5 covid and the flue vaccines, and with most I didn't even feel the needle, let alone have a reaction. I put down my current tiredness either to the after effects of the virus itself, or simply to getting older.

Did you suffer a reaction to the second jab? I think you need more time with your doctor to get to the cause of this.

For sure these aren't the original type of vaccines, but they are still vaccines in that they stimulate the immune system to fight an infection. People think because they were developed quickly they were new and untested, but that's not true. The principle had been developed and tested for several years. The very specific was new, but there was great confidence that the safety was already proven. That though didn't stop the testing regime being rigorously applied, albeit at pace.

I am sad to hear that others in your circle have lost confidence in the vaccines. That's not at all my own experience.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 21 Dec 22 10.04pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


My mum is 91 and was previously extremely pro-vaccine but had a reaction to the latest jab so bad that she's not having another one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 21 Dec 22 10.55pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


My mum is 91 and was previously extremely pro-vaccine but had a reaction to the latest jab so bad that she's not having another one.

That's a shame as, at her age especially, there is much more risk to her from catching the virus than being vaccinated against it.

If she has had all the previous jabs she ought to be reasonably OK, but the last booster was tweaked to deal specifically with the Omicron variant which is now the dominant strain.

I suppose at 91 you are probably prone to feeling adverse reactions more intensely.

[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 21 Dec 22 11.10pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That's a shame as, at her age especially, there is much more risk to her from catching the virus than being vaccinated against it.

If she has had all the previous jabs she ought to be reasonably OK, but the last booster was tweaked to deal specifically with the Omicron variant which is now the dominant strain.

I suppose at 91 you are probably prone to feeling adverse reactions more intensely.

[Link]

She lives in rural France and is quite isolated so her chances of catching it are very low. Maybe it's just that at age her priorities are different.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus and the impact of Lockdown policy