You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus and the impact of Lockdown policy
March 27 2023 11.58pm

Coronavirus and the impact of Lockdown policy

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 45 of 48 < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Mar 23 4.26pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesdare

Once you resort to childish insults it's all over. Absolutely no need for it in an adult conversation. Why can't you respect my opinion like I completely respect yours? I don't insult you for taking the vaccine. Co my completely support your decision.

We both looked at the data, facts and proof and both made informed decisions to either get it or not get it. What's wrong with that?

There is nothing the least bit childish about concern for the truth. You have zero respect either for me, or much more importantly, for the truth.

You are entitled to refuse the vaccine. I have never suggested you aren't. However, I am just as entitled to believe it's a selfish act which ought to have consequences.

I am also entitled to believe that your decision was not informed and to try to show you why. You have told us that you are dyslexic, a condition which affects your ability to understand the written word. That might explain why you have misunderstood what the scientific papers I have referenced are saying and caused you to come to these misinformed opinions.

This comes from the CDC one. If you cannot read it clearly yourself I suggest you get someone you trust to read it, and explain it, to you. It explains, in a few words, why your "decision" is based upon misinformation.

"Serious side effects that could cause a long-term health problem are extremely rare following any vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination. The benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the known and potential risks."

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 12 Mar 23 4.38pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

There is nothing the least bit childish about concern for the truth. You have zero respect either for me, or much more importantly, for the truth.

You are entitled to refuse the vaccine. I have never suggested you aren't. However, I am just as entitled to believe it's a selfish act which ought to have consequences.

I am also entitled to believe that your decision was not informed and to try to show you why. You have told us that you are dyslexic, a condition which affects your ability to understand the written word. That might explain why you have misunderstood what the scientific papers I have referenced are saying and caused you to come to these misinformed opinions.

This comes from the CDC one. If you cannot read it clearly yourself I suggest you get someone you trust to read it, and explain it, to you. It explains, in a few words, why your "decision" is based upon misinformation.

"Serious side effects that could cause a long-term health problem are extremely rare following any vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination. The benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the known and potential risks."

Tbh and wissie knows Iím defo not in his fan club and I agree with not much he writes being a bigoted right wing nazi TR loving etc; but read the leaflet in a box of paracetamol or ibrofen from Poundland as an example. If those side effects donít scare you not to take them then c19 vaccine really shouldnít.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Mar 23 4.48pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by robdave2k


And this thread highlights the entire issue of Covid. People believe they are absolutely right. You have conviction of your beliefs - good for you. If you aren't a troll I feel real sympathy for people in your world, as anyone who seems to have a different opinion to you - is then "educated" and dismissed if they don't conform.

My dad died of Covid - that gives me every right to be angry with what happened as he went before the vaccine and shielded. I also saw the damage that lockdown did to his health - and another two years of shielding would have finished him off anyway had he survived. Am I angry - no. Do I think all people who don't want the vaccine are selfish - no. I have an issue with people who only got it to travel for example, but if you stick to your beliefs and didn't vaccinate then that is your right to do so. We are not a totalitarian state thank God.

I also run my own accountancy practice and I saw the damage done to the economy up front and first hand. I had three weeks off in 2 years, and I know how difficult it has been. Interestingly working for me I have two people - one is a staunch anti-vaxxer and one is very pro. The former had an experience growing up - I don't agree necessarily with her stance, but I respect it - and that is what you lack on any subject - respect for other viewpoints.

I've also just had Covid myself for the 3rd time, and I'm fully vaccinated and boosted.

The dogmatisms of all sides is reflective of how society has been. It brought out the best in 80% of people and very worst in the other 20%. I read your posts on the other threads about Trump, Brexit, Immigration and I agree with you on some points and differ on others but I have to say your entire tone is lurches between patronising, arrogant, and self-serving. As I say if you are not a troll, then how about recognising other people have different experiences. I respect and applaud the fact you are financially comfortable, live in a beautiful part of the world and are clearly intelligent - more power to you but other people are running different races and their experiences are what shape them. I don't pretend I know what it is like to live in a ghetto but I was brought up in a rough town as the son of a copper.

The town itself is working class but surrounded by affluent villages. It's a huge eastern European influx into the area which is both good and bad for the area. The fact is the problems in this town and different to the ones that you face in Cornwall - but you don't seem to recognise that and just dismiss people who aren't as worldly wise as you.

Going slightly off topic - it's people like you WE that meant Brexit/Trump happened - people I think got sick of being patronised by those who viewed themselves as the smug elite- happy to lecture. I personally think Trump is a monkey in a suit, I wouldn't vote for him, but I understand why those who did.

And looping it back into Covid, Eaglesdare summed it up best

Once you resort to childish insults it's all over. Absolutely no need for it in an adult conversation. Why can't you respect my opinion like I completely respect yours? I don't insult you for taking the vaccine. Co my completely support your decision

We both looked at the data, facts and proof and both made informed decisions to either get it or not get it. What's wrong with that?

Far more elegant than most of your contributions.

We all had different experiences, can reach different conclusions and hold different opinions. I understand and respect that. That though does not excuse anyone claiming to have made an "informed" decision when they clearly have not. Information doesn't just come from personal experiences.

You may well think Eaglesdare is justified in reaching his conclusion and made his decisions on "information". I don't, and am just as entitled to express that view as anyone else. I am concerned that the unvaccinated believe that their decision impacts only themselves, when I am certain it has the capacity for knock-one effects that affect everyone. Effects that few seem to realise, let alone talk about. So I do.

I think those who decided not to get take the vaccine, when they could, are either being misled, misinformed or simply selfish. What they haven't done is made an "informed decision".

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 12 Mar 23 4.51pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

There is nothing the least bit childish about concern for the truth. You have zero respect either for me, or much more importantly, for the truth.

You are entitled to refuse the vaccine. I have never suggested you aren't. However, I am just as entitled to believe it's a selfish act which ought to have consequences.

I am also entitled to believe that your decision was not informed and to try to show you why. You have told us that you are dyslexic, a condition which affects your ability to understand the written word. That might explain why you have misunderstood what the scientific papers I have referenced are saying and caused you to come to these misinformed opinions.

This comes from the CDC one. If you cannot read it clearly yourself I suggest you get someone you trust to read it, and explain it, to you. It explains, in a few words, why your "decision" is based upon misinformation.

"Serious side effects that could cause a long-term health problem are extremely rare following any vaccination, including COVID-19 vaccination. The benefits of COVID-19 vaccination outweigh the known and potential risks."

At last! A reply without any childish insults. I can read and understand words clearly just my spelling is a bit off.


Sure look I respect you and your opinion and your choice to be vaccinated. I looked at the facts, the science and info presented at the time and made a completely informed decision. I don't know how hard this is for you to understand.

Serious side effects are rare. I agree but I could be that rare 1 in a million person who has a side effect and I have decided I do not accept the risk. My decision only affects me and not anyone else around me. This is the science.

Like I said I respect you I respect your decision I would never tell you or anyone else not to take the vaccine. So I really do not understand what your big deal is.

Why not br adult enough to agree to disagree with me? Shake hands and respect each other's informed decisions?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 12 Mar 23 4.59pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesdare

At last! A reply without any childish insults. I can read and understand words clearly just my spelling is a bit off.


Sure look I respect you and your opinion and your choice to be vaccinated. I looked at the facts, the science and info presented at the time and made a completely informed decision. I don't know how hard this is for you to understand.

Serious side effects are rare. I agree but I could be that rare 1 in a million person who has a side effect and I have decided I do not accept the risk. My decision only affects me and not anyone else around me. This is the science.

Like I said I respect you I respect your decision I would never tell you or anyone else not to take the vaccine. So I really do not understand what your big deal is.

Why not br adult enough to agree to disagree with me? Shake hands and respect each other's informed decisions?

And it is ultimately your decision; although, what wissie is saying I think is that if having the vaccine stops you getting covid (no proof) but more chance not to on stats; then you then canít infect someone else who could either get sick or pass it on maybe two or three down the line. Eventually it could be someone does die or get affected for life and backtracking the trail comes to you. I think thatís where wissie is at but chance and evidence are two different things.
Btw Iím not in his fan club but have his take on the vaccine. Strange really considering the ding dongs

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Mar 23 6.42pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesdare

At last! A reply without any childish insults. I can read and understand words clearly just my spelling is a bit off.


Sure look I respect you and your opinion and your choice to be vaccinated. I looked at the facts, the science and info presented at the time and made a completely informed decision. I don't know how hard this is for you to understand.

Serious side effects are rare. I agree but I could be that rare 1 in a million person who has a side effect and I have decided I do not accept the risk. My decision only affects me and not anyone else around me. This is the science.

Like I said I respect you I respect your decision I would never tell you or anyone else not to take the vaccine. So I really do not understand what your big deal is.

Why not br adult enough to agree to disagree with me? Shake hands and respect each other's informed decisions?

That's pretty rich! I use sarcasm, and, very rarely when exasperated, an insult when something is so ridiculous nothing else suffices. You have strayed into that territory much earlier and more frequently than me.

I don't know how many times I must say this, but the highlighted sentence simply isn't true. If you believe it is then you are lying to yourself and are subsequently deluded.

You are not being informed if you decide that a very rare chance is more dangerous than a less rare one. You are misinforming yourself.

What's even worse is your repeated contention that your decision affects only you. I have explained why this is wrong countless times, but you you totally ignore it and just repeat your false claim.

The big deal is that there are too many foolish, misinformed or selfish people in society who think as you do, and are unwilling to be a team player and act with responsibility.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Mar 23 6.55pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

And it is ultimately your decision; although, what wissie is saying I think is that if having the vaccine stops you getting covid (no proof) but more chance not to on stats; then you then canít infect someone else who could either get sick or pass it on maybe two or three down the line. Eventually it could be someone does die or get affected for life and backtracking the trail comes to you. I think thatís where wissie is at but chance and evidence are two different things.
Btw Iím not in his fan club but have his take on the vaccine. Strange really considering the ding dongs

Thanks. You have always understood the benefit of the vaccines, which only goes to prove that political differences don't count in such matters.(some seem to disagree) I think Johnson is an awful guy, but supported his government's approach on Covid and still do.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 12 Mar 23 7.06pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

That's pretty rich! I use sarcasm, and, very rarely when exasperated, an insult when something is so ridiculous nothing else suffices. You have strayed into that territory much earlier and more frequently than me.

I don't know how many times I must say this, but the highlighted sentence simply isn't true. If you believe it is then you are lying to yourself and are subsequently deluded.

You are not being informed if you decide that a very rare chance is more dangerous than a less rare one. You are misinforming yourself.

What's even worse is your repeated contention that your decision affects only you. I have explained why this is wrong countless times, but you you totally ignore it and just repeat your false claim.

The big deal is that there are too many foolish, misinformed or selfish people in society who think as you do, and are unwilling to be a team player and act with responsibility.

We both looked at the same info and we both decided to either get the vaccine or not get the vaccine. Thus both our decisions were informed decisions.

The covid vaccine does not stop nor prevent transmission of the virus. This is a pure and simple fact. Thus my decision to remain unvaccinated does not affect anyone else.

Here we are with two different opinions. Can we not agree to disagree? Stopping the childish insults was the first step. Very proud of you for this big step by the way ;-) Now let's take the second step by respecting each other enough to agree to disagree on the topic and respect each other's grown up informed decisions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Mar 23 10.03pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesdare

We both looked at the same info and we both decided to either get the vaccine or not get the vaccine. Thus both our decisions were informed decisions.

The covid vaccine does not stop nor prevent transmission of the virus. This is a pure and simple fact. Thus my decision to remain unvaccinated does not affect anyone else.

Here we are with two different opinions. Can we not agree to disagree? Stopping the childish insults was the first step. Very proud of you for this big step by the way ;-) Now let's take the second step by respecting each other enough to agree to disagree on the topic and respect each other's grown up informed decisions.

I know you are dyslexic, but that doesn't mean you can keep on saying the same thing, as you do in the highlighted section above, whilst ignoring inconvenient facts that have been pointed out by others. I have explained this to you time and time again, but it just gets ignored. I wrote this a while ago:-

"The vaccines stop transmission temporarily, which is useful, but they stop severe disease for a long time and that's what's really important. It's also what you deliberately ignore.

Severe disease is what puts people in hospital. The vaccinated are less likely to require hospitalisation. The unvaccinated more likely."

If anyone, for whatever reason, demands a greater share of NHS resource that could, and should be avoided, then those resources are not available to others. Therefore, a decision not to get vaccinated does impact others. It's undeniable.

Please don't ignore this again. Please read, understand, think about what it means and then digest the implications for your view that your decision impacts nobody other than yourself. It does.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 12 Mar 23 10.24pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I know you are dyslexic, but that doesn't mean you can keep on saying the same thing, as you do in the highlighted section above, whilst ignoring inconvenient facts that have been pointed out by others. I have explained this to you time and time again, but it just gets ignored. I wrote this a while ago:-

"The vaccines stop transmission temporarily, which is useful, but they stop severe disease for a long time and that's what's really important. It's also what you deliberately ignore.

Severe disease is what puts people in hospital. The vaccinated are less likely to require hospitalisation. The unvaccinated more likely."

If anyone, for whatever reason, demands a greater share of NHS resource that could, and should be avoided, then those resources are not available to others. Therefore, a decision not to get vaccinated does impact others. It's undeniable.

Please don't ignore this again. Please read, understand, think about what it means and then digest the implications for your view that your decision impacts nobody other than yourself. It does.

Why do you keep bringing up dyslexia? Are you trying to discriminate against me again? Thought me had moved past this?

It is a fact that the covid vaccine does not stop infection, nor transmission. It's a scientific fact. There is plenty of proof out there. Numerous people on this site have already said they are vaccinated yet caught covid numerous times. I don't know where you are getting your misinformation from on this subject. Perhaps you too are dyslexic? As you keep comming back to it.

Anyways my decision to remain unvaccinated does not affect anyone just myself. I made an informed decision about my health and that's all there is too it. Why can't you accept it? I am happy with my informed decision and you should be happy about yours.


Edited by eaglesdare (12 Mar 2023 10.25pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Mar 23 11.35pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesdare

Why do you keep bringing up dyslexia? Are you trying to discriminate against me again? Thought me had moved past this?

It is a fact that the covid vaccine does not stop infection, nor transmission. It's a scientific fact. There is plenty of proof out there. Numerous people on this site have already said they are vaccinated yet caught covid numerous times. I don't know where you are getting your misinformation from on this subject. Perhaps you too are dyslexic? As you keep comming back to it.

Anyways my decision to remain unvaccinated does not affect anyone just myself. I made an informed decision about my health and that's all there is too it. Why can't you accept it? I am happy with my informed decision and you should be happy about yours.


Edited by eaglesdare (12 Mar 2023 10.25pm)

It was you who brought up dyslexia! I am offering it as a possible reason for your confusion.

Whilst it has been realised that the vaccines don't stop infections from new variants, they do against the earlier ones and, more importantly protect against severe disease. That's the scientific facts, as known now, but wasn't when the vaccination programme started. Therefore, when you first took your "informed" decision, it was even less "informed" then than it would be if you took it now.

I have caught Covid twice since being vaccinated. That alone proves nothing. I didn't suffer. I might, at my age, have been hospitalised if I had not been vaccinated. I would feel terrible if the bed I was using could have been used by somebody else who really needed it. You appear to not even acknowledge the reality of this in your persistent idea that your decision affects nobody else. You might be younger, so at a lesser risk, but at risk you are.

My head hurts from banging it on a brick wall! I am done with you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 12 Mar 23 11.53pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It was you who brought up dyslexia! I am offering it as a possible reason for your confusion.

Whilst it has been realised that the vaccines don't stop infections from new variants, they do against the earlier ones and, more importantly protect against severe disease. That's the scientific facts, as known now, but wasn't when the vaccination programme started. Therefore, when you first took your "informed" decision, it was even less "informed" then than it would be if you took it now.

I have caught Covid twice since being vaccinated. That alone proves nothing. I didn't suffer. I might, at my age, have been hospitalised if I had not been vaccinated. I would feel terrible if the bed I was using could have been used by somebody else who really needed it. You appear to not even acknowledge the reality of this in your persistent idea that your decision affects nobody else. You might be younger, so at a lesser risk, but at risk you are.

My head hurts from banging it on a brick wall! I am done with you.

Well no I believe you are trying to bully me with my slight dyslexia. Very low of you to be honest!

You have just proved numerous points that I have been making this week. You caught covid twice after being vaccinated. But but I thought the vaccine stops transmission and stops you catching it! I am almost falling off my sofa with laughter here.

I believe my point has well and truly been proven. My informed decision to remain unvaccinated affects absolutely no one.

I respect your opinion however and what you believe in. So I say again let us be gentlemen and at least agree to disagree and leave it behind us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 45 of 48 < 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Coronavirus and the impact of Lockdown policy