You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs Man Utd - Match Thread
January 30 2023 11.16am

Crystal Palace vs Man Utd - Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

 

View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 19 Jan 23 8.23am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

A better performance, lets hope we have seen the last of 4-3-3, Hughes MOTM, really great, had the palace spirit, also Richards had an excellent debut game, physically stronger than i thought, a bit more direct, but not as much as i would like, i have know idea what Edouards position is, not a CF, Not a No10, Not a winger, hmmm. Mateta is really our only CF, and he is at best average, Wilf was poor.
But a massive point for us, if we only get one player in this window, Loan or Buy, it has to be a CF, dont Lyon have a CF we could swap for Edouard. COYP

Thought Hughes and Richards were the highlights for me yesterday.

Hughes was superb, definitely MoTM and got clapped off by crowd whilst we were still 0-1 down which pleased me. I think with a run of games him and Doucoure could be a really solid CM partnership and that has eased some of my unending Palace worry.

Richards looked slightly rusty, as was demonstrated by nearly giving away a penalty (seen replays I actually think it could well have been) but far, far better than I expected. Physically imposing in every sense - speed, strength and jumping. Had Weghorst sorted for the most part. Looked not too bad with ball at feet too. Poses quite the conundrum if he gets even better/sharper.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 19 Jan 23 8.44am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Couldn't watch the match, out with some friends having dinner, tho knew roughly what was going on by all the Spanish utd fans around. Reading the reports this morning it was all about unlucky utd, should've had a pen, Casemiro banned foe the Arsenal game etc etc. They liked Olise's free kick & Palace are 2nd behind Spurs in getting points from losing positions.

We showed fighting spirit, Olise MOM for us, AWB for them, and, there was 35,853 att at SP(bbc) I kid you not. Anyhow after what's been vented of late, nice to get a result nobody expected

 


The Child Has Grown,
The Dream Is Gone, And,
I Have Become,
Comfortably Numb. . . .
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 19 Jan 23 8.53am Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

A better performance, lets hope we have seen the last of 4-3-3, Hughes MOTM, really great, had the palace spirit, also Richards had an excellent debut game, physically stronger than i thought, a bit more direct, but not as much as i would like, i have know idea what Edouards position is, not a CF, Not a No10, Not a winger, hmmm. Mateta is really our only CF, and he is at best average, Wilf was poor.
But a massive point for us, if we only get one player in this window, Loan or Buy, it has to be a CF, dont Lyon have a CF we could swap for Edouard. COYP

They have Lacazette and Dembele. Iím sure one of them would love a spell in Norwood

 


ďYou miss 100 per cent of the shots you donít takeĒ

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Jan 23 9.10am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Couldn't watch the match, out with some friends having dinner, tho knew roughly what was going on by all the Spanish utd fans around. Reading the reports this morning it was all about unlucky utd, should've had a pen, Casemiro banned foe the Arsenal game etc etc. They liked Olise's free kick & Palace are 2nd behind Spurs in getting points from losing positions.

We showed fighting spirit, Olise MOM for us, AWB for them, and, there was 35,853 att at SP(bbc) I kid you not. Anyhow after what's been vented of late, nice to get a result nobody expected

In real time I never thought for a moment that it was a penalty, the referee never awarded one and VAR never intervened.
It would have been a travesty if an 'In-form' Man Utd got all 3 points.

Edited by Willo (19 Jan 2023 9.11am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 19 Jan 23 9.12am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Davepalace707

They have Lacazette and Dembele. Iím sure one of them would love a spell in Norwood

Job Done

 


Does anyone know the way? Did we hear someone say?
(We just haven't got a clue what to do!)
Does anyone know the way? There's got to be a way


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vectis's Profile Vectis Flag 19 Jan 23 9.24am Send a Private Message to Vectis Add Vectis as a friend

The Palace spirit that weíve all been saying has been lacking was thankfully back last night. Players looked committed and gave 100% throughout and what a difference it made. Whatever the result nobody could have asked for more.

Hughes was terrific, getting in important tackles and interceptions and generally not letting Utd dictate. Why he has not been given more chances is a mystery. Richards took his opportunity of a first start really well. I also liked Mitchell not being bullied by that arrogant and nasty Antonio, standing up to him and shoving him back. Zaha had his knee bandaged and you suspect he is carrying an injury. In days of old he would have out-sprinted AWB to that through ball near the end. Is it age also catching up with him?

Guaita still has those mistakes in him despite making some fine stops. Spilling that low cross in the first half and not cutting out the ball across the middle of the 6 yard box could have proven costly. Why Sam Johnstone isnít given a go to see what he can do is strange, as was letting Butland leave.

Terrific goal, strange non celebration but very good evening from all. Letís hope it inspires similar performances in the upcoming tough fixtures

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 Jan 23 9.32am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Vectis

The Palace spirit that weíve all been saying has been lacking was thankfully back last night. Players looked committed and gave 100% throughout and what a difference it made. Whatever the result nobody could have asked for more.

Hughes was terrific, getting in important tackles and interceptions and generally not letting Utd dictate. Why he has not been given more chances is a mystery. Richards took his opportunity of a first start really well. I also liked Mitchell not being bullied by that arrogant and nasty Antonio, standing up to him and shoving him back. Zaha had his knee bandaged and you suspect he is carrying an injury. In days of old he would have out-sprinted AWB to that through ball near the end. Is it age also catching up with him?

Guaita still has those mistakes in him despite making some fine stops. Spilling that low cross in the first half and not cutting out the ball across the middle of the 6 yard box could have proven costly. Why Sam Johnstone isnít given a go to see what he can do is strange, as was letting Butland leave.

Terrific goal, strange non celebration but very good evening from all. Letís hope it inspires similar performances in the upcoming tough fixtures

A few years ago Zaha commented that he doesn't like playing against AWB in training.He said he is a hard defender to play against as he somehow manages to toe everything away.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 19 Jan 23 9.35am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A few years ago Zaha commented that he doesn't like playing against AWB in training.He said he is a hard defender to play against as he somehow manages to toe everything away.

I was under the impression AWB's emergence as a RB in the first team was his ability to 'handle' Zaha in training. I think there was a direct quote, from somebody, along those lines.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 19 Jan 23 9.40am Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Watching the free kick - Iím on the tenth rerun now

 


ďYou miss 100 per cent of the shots you donít takeĒ

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palacesince64's Profile Palacesince64 Flag Edinburgh 19 Jan 23 9.45am Send a Private Message to Palacesince64 Add Palacesince64 as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

I was under the impression AWB's emergence as a RB in the first team was his ability to 'handle' Zaha in training. I think there was a direct quote, from somebody, along those lines.

I thought he had the better of Wilf most of the evening. Interesting Wilf said in the post match interview he had a quick look back and thought ďOMG itís Aaron. Heís the only one who can do that scoop tackleĒ

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 19 Jan 23 9.47am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Quite amusing on one of the MU forums, along with the usual How can we not beat THEM comments someone has posted it was the worst night ever. He obviously wasn't there when we turned them over at their place 1-3 or 1-2 the year before but worst night ever? Oh, well. We can only hope he gets over this crushing disappointment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Croydon-Trucker's Profile Croydon-Trucker Flag Cahir 19 Jan 23 9.48am Send a Private Message to Croydon-Trucker Add Croydon-Trucker as a friend

Here is a bit of an explanation about his celebration [Link] great goal and effort by the whole team.

 


Putin Go Fvck Yourself

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace vs Man Utd - Match Thread