You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Starmer thinks no one will remember....
June 1 2023 10.25am

Starmer thinks no one will remember....

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 14 Apr 23 6.31pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Take a look around you. Paralysis since the vote. Travel screwed. Economy screwed. Importing and exporting nigh on impossible. People believed a proven serial liar and the side of a bus. The farmers now see their mistake. Another referendum would certainly come out strongly in favour of never having left.

In the run up to the referendum, of the 650 MPs elected to the 2015-17 UK Parliament a total of 479 MPs publicly declared their intention to vote in favour of remaining in the European Union compared with just 158 MPs who declared their intention to vote in favour of leaving the European Union.

I guess they were all terribly poorly informed.

oh, and immigration running rampant again, just not from our nearest neighbours any more.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 14 Apr 23 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Sunak joined the Conservative Party in the 1990s. It was absolutely not anti EU

Nor, as I recall, was the Cameron government or indeed the majority of Conservative MPs prior to the Brexit vote. They knew the massive damage it would cause and didnít believe the public could be so stupid

Where on Earth do you get your ideas?


Edited by Mapletree (14 Apr 2023 6.15pm)


Sunak actually joined the Conservative party in 2010.

[Link]

The Tories were most definitely a Euro skeptic (your favourite spelling) party by this time....even in the nineties it represented a considerable bulk of the grass roots and a significant number of MPs....enough for Major to have to re-stand for his own party leadership.

Sunak was elected to the safe and very pro Brexit Richmond seat in the 2015 general election....frankly I'm not seeing what you have an issue with in my post.

Where do I get my ideas from?.....actual reality Maple, where do you get yours from? Back of the sofa?...or a granite shoreline perhaps?

Edited by Stirlingsays (14 Apr 2023 7.38pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 14 Apr 23 10.32pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Sunak is a bought and paid for Washington stooge. As is Starmer. With both of them elected in 2015, both straight into rock-solid safe seats.

To be fair to Starmer, I suspect he is probably the smarter of the two and the recent attack adverts have convinced me he has what it takes to win. Willing to go to any lengths to secure victory. Been rather impressed with his politicking of late.

Of course, an utterly despicable man on every kind of level and treacherous beyond belief but clearly willing to go to any and every length possible to reach number 10.

Modern Britain deserves such a leader.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 14 Apr 23 11.50pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


Sunak actually joined the Conservative party in 2010.

[Link]

The Tories were most definitely a Euro skeptic (your favourite spelling) party by this time....even in the nineties it represented a considerable bulk of the grass roots and a significant number of MPs....enough for Major to have to re-stand for his own party leadership.

Sunak was elected to the safe and very pro Brexit Richmond seat in the 2015 general election....frankly I'm not seeing what you have an issue with in my post.

Where do I get my ideas from?.....actual reality Maple, where do you get yours from? Back of the sofa?...or a granite shoreline perhaps?

Edited by Stirlingsays (14 Apr 2023 7.38pm)

No, he joined the Conservative Party in the late 1990s. I have never and would never spell sceptic in the American way.

The vast majority of Conservative MPs said they would vote remain just before the referendum.

Donít question me without facts to back it up.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 14 Apr 23 11.51pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Sunak is a bought and paid for Washington stooge. As is Starmer. With both of them elected in 2015, both straight into rock-solid safe seats.

To be fair to Starmer, I suspect he is probably the smarter of the two and the recent attack adverts have convinced me he has what it takes to win. Willing to go to any lengths to secure victory. Been rather impressed with his politicking of late.

Of course, an utterly despicable man on every kind of level and treacherous beyond belief but clearly willing to go to any and every length possible to reach number 10.

Modern Britain deserves such a leader.

Post Brexit they have zero choice. We are rapidly being bought out.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 15 Apr 23 6.37am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No, he joined the Conservative Party in the late 1990s. I have never and would never spell sceptic in the American way.

The vast majority of Conservative MPs said they would vote remain just before the referendum.

Donít question me without facts to back it up.

I literally linked you to his Wiki page which states that he joined the Conservative party in 2010.

Perhaps you need to question them then.

I just get the impression Maple and have for some time, that instead of only caring about what's true. I mean I literally referred to Euro sceptic (I'll be nice) events in the nineties you lived through yourself, yet you instead prefer to ignore what interferes with your preferred narrative.

As for the Conservative MPs....ever heard of the whipping office Maple? Even though Cameron spent a lot of time trying to filter out anti EU MPs at the selection stage the reality is that ultimately on this issue most of them supported the general consensus of their local party when push came to shove.

The Tories are not a pro EU party at the grass roots and as a reflection....despite filtering.....the MP base are a watered down reflection of that. However, due to the nature of the type of career politician we have today the whips essentially control most votes even more so than in the past......the grass roots get even less of what they pay their subs for.

It would be nice if you would appreciate and recognise that the leaderships of neither Labour nor Tory party really care about their grass root base. Instead they are far more in hook to their donors, who themselves are far more interested in private interests....Many of which differ from the concerns of the populations who vote for these parties.

Edited by Stirlingsays (15 Apr 2023 8.29am)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 15 Apr 23 9.20am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I literally linked you to his Wiki page which states that he joined the Conservative party in 2010.

Perhaps you need to question them then.

I just get the impression Maple and have for some time, that instead of only caring about what's true. I mean I literally referred to Euro sceptic (I'll be nice) events in the nineties you lived through yourself, yet you instead prefer to ignore what interferes with your preferred narrative.

As for the Conservative MPs....ever heard of the whipping office Maple? Even though Cameron spent a lot of time trying to filter out anti EU MPs at the selection stage the reality is that ultimately on this issue most of them supported the general consensus of their local party when push came to shove.

The Tories are not a pro EU party at the grass roots and as a reflection....despite filtering.....the MP base are a watered down reflection of that. However, due to the nature of the type of career politician we have today the whips essentially control most votes even more so than in the past......the grass roots get even less of what they pay their subs for.

It would be nice if you would appreciate and recognise that the leaderships of neither Labour nor Tory party really care about their grass root base. Instead they are far more in hook to their donors, who themselves are far more interested in private interests....Many of which differ from the concerns of the populations who vote for these parties.

Edited by Stirlingsays (15 Apr 2023 8.29am)

Look at your own link if you like

He read philosophy, politics and economics at Lincoln College, Oxford, graduating with a first in 2001.[8][11] During his time at university, he undertook an internship at Conservative Campaign Headquarters and joined the Conservative Party

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 15 Apr 23 9.24am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Post Brexit they have zero choice. We are rapidly being bought out.

Oh do f*** off. We have probably been under US control since the months running up to the second Gulf War. Blair flies to Washington, very cold on the entire idea, before flying back as the cheerleader, even destroying SIS's credibility for possibly ever given that farce of a 'dossier' they used to justify the invasion.

I suspect it was pure blackmail (Mandleson is the name that constantly crops up as both catalyst).

And fear not, within 10 years we will be back in the EU. But not to make it a success. Quite the contrary in fact. Washington wants us back in to f*** it up like we were doing before.

Because, despite people like me being willing to crap all over the institution of the EU for all kinds of valid reasons, the actual concept of a European Union is an incredible one. And if they could team up with Russia, then the greatest single power block the world has ever known on almost every conceivable level.

But that ain't going to happen now is it?

Is the majority of this conspiracy theory and/or hyperbole? Absolutely. But I would stake my life on me getting far more right than wrong in this context.

Starmer/Sunak, two sides of the same s***ty coin.

Edited by Matov (15 Apr 2023 9.24am)

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
footythoughts Flag Beckenham 15 Apr 23 9.27am

Originally posted by Mapletree

Look at your own link if you like

He read philosophy, politics and economics at Lincoln College, Oxford, graduating with a first in 2001.[8][11] During his time at university, he undertook an internship at Conservative Campaign Headquarters and joined the Conservative Party

Yes, as for the Sunak point it's clear that you're referring to joining the party (as anyone can do) as opposed working for it. The Wikipedia article clearly states that he joined the Conservative party at University and undertook an internship at Conservative Campaign Headquarters. So logically that would be late 90s or early 00s.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 15 Apr 23 9.45am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Oh do f*** off. We have probably been under US control since the months running up to the second Gulf War. Blair flies to Washington, very cold on the entire idea, before flying back as the cheerleader, even destroying SIS's credibility for possibly ever given that farce of a 'dossier' they used to justify the invasion.

I suspect it was pure blackmail (Mandleson is the name that constantly crops up as both catalyst).

And fear not, within 10 years we will be back in the EU. But not to make it a success. Quite the contrary in fact. Washington wants us back in to f*** it up like we were doing before.

Because, despite people like me being willing to crap all over the institution of the EU for all kinds of valid reasons, the actual concept of a European Union is an incredible one. And if they could team up with Russia, then the greatest single power block the world has ever known on almost every conceivable level.

But that ain't going to happen now is it?

Is the majority of this conspiracy theory and/or hyperbole? Absolutely. But I would stake my life on me getting far more right than wrong in this context.

Starmer/Sunak, two sides of the same s***ty coin.

Edited by Matov (15 Apr 2023 9.24am)

Between 2010 and 2015, inward acquisitions of UK companies and overseas takeovers by UK companies had largely tracked each other, averaging around 165 per year (see Chart 1). Since then, however, both the volume and value of overseas acquisitions of UK companies have begun to rise. Primarily, most of the increase in takeovers of UK businesses have come from companies based in the US, the EU or the rest of Europe, while takeovers from companies in Asia are running 2.5x Ė 3x higher since the referendum than before it.

One reason for this increase in takeovers of UK companies is the discount financial markets are now placing on UK-based companies. Since voting to leave the EU in 2016, UK stock market returns have lagged international peers, creating a persistent and historically wide valuation discount.

Edited by Mapletree (15 Apr 2023 9.46am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View newickeagle's Profile newickeagle Flag Newick, E Sussex 15 Apr 23 9.49am Send a Private Message to newickeagle Add newickeagle as a friend

For what it is worth, strikes me that Brexit was at a minimum supposed to improve our standard of life in the UK. Absolutely zero evidence of that. Sold a pup. And as for Johnson's deal, well at least Sunak has started to clear up that mess. Now, let's all have the unlimited access to the Single Market that he bragged is so good for NI&#128514;

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 15 Apr 23 10.14am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Brexit was not primarily a vote on economic factors IMO, it was about self determination.

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Starmer thinks no one will remember....