You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?
June 4 2023 3.58am

Next manager ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 108 of 109 < 104 105 106 107 108 109 >

 

View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 19 May 23 5.41pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Graham Potter being 'mooted'.

As is McKenna, the young Ipswich manager. He has a great future but not sure he is ready yet

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 19 May 23 5.59pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I have a funny feeling Coppell was player manager originally but basically never played due to his injury. Could be totally wrong.

No, he formally retired from the game (no choice; his ACL was gone) eight months before he took the Palace job.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 May 23 6.00pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

As is McKenna, the young Ipswich manager. He has a great future but not sure he is ready yet

McKenna took hold of the reins at Ipswich in the 2021-22 season after 23 games with the club 11th in the table.This was his first experience of management.Ipswich finished 11th that season.

McKenna led Ipswich to promotion last season finishing 2nd to Plymouth.

Limited management experience and no PL experience.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 19 May 23 6.39pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Graham Potter being 'mooted'.

Source and direct quote.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 19 May 23 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

Can't we quietly get Paddy a work placement somewhere? Bung him a couple of good young ones and pay his wages while he gets experience? Managers need to be their own men, and own their experiences.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 19 May 23 6.48pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Source and direct quote.

Purely supposition P, apparently Pep Guardiola really rates him.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 19 May 23 7.35pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

McKenna took hold of the reins at Ipswich in the 2021-22 season after 23 games with the club 11th in the table.This was his first experience of management.Ipswich finished 11th that season.

McKenna led Ipswich to promotion last season finishing 2nd to Plymouth.

Limited management experience and no PL experience.

Well done Wiki. My sons partnerís family are Ipswich season ticket holders, they rate him highly and so they should. Was at Man Utd before taking his first managerial job at Ipswich. Your last sentence is what I said

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 19 May 23 7.37pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Purely supposition P, apparently Pep Guardiola really rates him.

He seems to rate a lot highly, especially just before City play themÖ. mind games?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 May 23 7.43pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Well done Wiki. My sons partnerís family are Ipswich season ticket holders, they rate him highly and so they should. Was at Man Utd before taking his first managerial job at Ipswich. Your last sentence is what I said

He was at Carrick's side when Carrick was caretaker following the departure of Solskjaer.

Ipswich have signed 15 or 16 players since McKenna has been in the manager's seat including Freddie Ladapo on a 'Free' from Rotherham.

Finally 'Willopedia' if you don't mind not 'Wiki'.

Edited by Willo (19 May 2023 7.44pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PJEagle's Profile PJEagle Flag London 19 May 23 7.53pm Send a Private Message to PJEagle Add PJEagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

He was at Carrick's side when Carrick was caretaker following the departure of Solskjaer.

Ipswich have signed 15 or 16 players since McKenna has been in the manager's seat including Freddie Ladapo on a 'Free' from Rotherham.

Finally 'Willopedia' if you don't mind not 'Wiki'.

Edited by Willo (19 May 2023 7.44pm)

You're far more encyclopaedic than Wiki , Willo!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 19 May 23 8.44pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Freddie just keep getting better.

22/23 17 goals 2 assists zero cards at Ipswich.

You couldn't get anybody on a free like him.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 19 May 23 8.59pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by PJEagle


You're far more encyclopaedic than Wiki , Willo!

I thank you !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 108 of 109 < 104 105 106 107 108 109 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?