You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?
June 25 2024 10.31pm

Next manager ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 40 of 111 < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 >

 

View m/k mick's Profile m/k mick Flag milton keynes 19 Mar 23 6.19pm Send a Private Message to m/k mick Add m/k mick as a friend

I will renew my season ticket, whoever is manager, it is CPFC. That I support and not whoever owns it manages it or plays for it, have done for 65 years since I was 7 and when the time comes will wear my palace shirt at my final barbecue

Edited by m/k mick (19 Mar 2023 6.21pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 19 Mar 23 6.22pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by nickyf

We will end up with someone who is out of work and can start straight away, someone who has not managed for a couple of years but misses the game and wants to come back and take on a challenge.

Benitez??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 19 Mar 23 6.24pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

me too - I already have a Palace shirt allocated to wear for my final box & smoke / ashes -

Originally posted by m/k mick

I will renew my season ticket, whoever is manager, it is CPFC. That I support and not whoever owns it manages it or plays for it, have done for 65 years since I was 7 and when the time comes will wear my palace shirt at my final barbecue

Edited by m/k mick (19 Mar 2023 6.21pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SwordFish's Profile SwordFish Flag Peasmarsh,East Sussex 19 Mar 23 6.27pm Send a Private Message to SwordFish Add SwordFish as a friend

Originally posted by m/k mick

I will renew my season ticket, whoever is manager, it is CPFC. That I support and not whoever owns it manages it or plays for it, have done for 65 years since I was 7 and when the time comes will wear my palace shirt at my final barbecue

Edited by m/k mick (19 Mar 2023 6.21pm)

Well said sir

 


ďThis is a crisis, a large crisis.... in fact if you have a moment, itís a 12 storey crisis, magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24 hour portage , and an enormous sign on the roof saying ďThis , is a large crisisĒ - Edmund Blackadder

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View n wales eagles's Profile n wales eagles Flag llandudno 19 Mar 23 6.27pm Send a Private Message to n wales eagles Add n wales eagles as a friend

Billy davies next season get us back up good at that

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 19 Mar 23 6.27pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by eaglesdare

Pretty sure if / when we go down we will get Scot parker to bring us back up.....

Just been sacked for failing with a big team in Belgium.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eritheagle's Profile eritheagle Flag Erith 19 Mar 23 6.34pm Send a Private Message to eritheagle Add eritheagle as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Cannot comprehend that Parish and the Board would not have an appropriate replacement lined up,before this sacking, and ready to appoint within the next few days and talks are probably going ahead right now.

They always have dossiers on managers just in case but itís my understanding that Vieira was going to be in charge today until he acted like a petulant kid on Thursday which forced them to act.

He hasnít had much motivation for the fight for the past few months and this showed on the pitch. I think there is more to come out about this whole saga.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 19 Mar 23 6.49pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by eritheagle

They always have dossiers on managers just in case but itís my understanding that Vieira was going to be in charge today until he acted like a petulant kid on Thursday which forced them to act.

He hasnít had much motivation for the fight for the past few months and this showed on the pitch. I think there is more to come out about this whole saga.

I take your point but today emphasised that you cannot have an inexperienced Under 21 Coach to get us out of this mess.
Surely,we need an experienced,wise head,appointed until the end of the season on performance related contract.
Roy,Benetiz,Still??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View radsyrendot's Profile radsyrendot Flag From Coventry now in Leicester 19 Mar 23 7.43pm Send a Private Message to radsyrendot Add radsyrendot as a friend

Big Sam till end of season or get in Rafa now

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sydtheeagle's Profile sydtheeagle Flag England 19 Mar 23 7.50pm Send a Private Message to sydtheeagle Add sydtheeagle as a friend

Until I remembered that Rafa had gone down with Newcastle, stayed there, and taken them back up I was inclined to think he wouldn't take the job even if we wanted him. But he might. For all the predictable reservations about his teams' style and his personality, he's won a Champions League, managed multiple top clubs, and has a profile far bigger than any manager we've had before. He does know how to organise a team, and I suspect the players would listen to and respond to him. He'd be a gamble, but it's not a bad shout. Provided he wanted the job and more importantly, we were prepared to back him in the summer (although that applies to pretty much any manager we hire) I could get on board with it.

 


Sydenham by birth. Selhurst by the Grace of God.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View boilerboy's Profile boilerboy Flag st neots 19 Mar 23 8.08pm Send a Private Message to boilerboy Add boilerboy as a friend

Will Stills Reimes currently live on BT Sport and he has them playing well again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Dubai Eagle's Profile Dubai Eagle Flag 19 Mar 23 8.21pm Send a Private Message to Dubai Eagle Add Dubai Eagle as a friend

I think the trouble with Rafa is that he has been around the block a few times & as such his demands in the negotiation over the position will probably be too much for Palace to agree to, not necessarily limited to wages but the things he will insist upon to do the job properly (his coaching set up / his performance team / specific players to sign etc) I might be completely wrong but I would like to see how it panned out if the 2 parties did talk -

Originally posted by sydtheeagle

Until I remembered that Rafa had gone down with Newcastle, stayed there, and taken them back up I was inclined to think he wouldn't take the job even if we wanted him. But he might. For all the predictable reservations about his teams' style and his personality, he's won a Champions League, managed multiple top clubs, and has a profile far bigger than any manager we've had before. He does know how to organise a team, and I suspect the players would listen to and respond to him. He'd be a gamble, but it's not a bad shout. Provided he wanted the job and more importantly, we were prepared to back him in the summer (although that applies to pretty much any manager we hire) I could get on board with it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 40 of 111 < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?