You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?
July 23 2024 7.13am

Next manager ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 42 of 111 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 >

 

View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 20 Mar 23 1.02pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Didn't Bielsa offer to manage Everton's U21 before taking over next season, but didn't want the first-team job straight away? If that rumour was true I doubt he would have a different offer for us.

There seems to be this idea that Roy is our best chance of safety, but he hasn't got a team playing well in about 3-4 years. Luck was very much on our side in his final season in which we limped to the finish line with most people questioning whether he had the energy or speed of thought for the modern PL.

Benitez hasn't done anything noteworthy for years either and basically always moans about not being backed. Do you really see him being attracted to us on that basis?

Favre reads like he would be a good fit, but obviously he's never managed in the PL. Also, would he risk his reputation on the job after his problems at Nice?

For me I'd go for Hassenhutl on the basis he has PL experience, he gets his teams on the front foot and he gets his teams playing football that will get the crowd behind him. Southampton have also not improved since he left and have a lower points per game since he left despite significant spending in January.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mwncisee's Profile Mwncisee Flag Middlesbrough 20 Mar 23 1.08pm Send a Private Message to Mwncisee Add Mwncisee as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Didn't Bielsa offer to manage Everton's U21 before taking over next season, but didn't want the first-team job straight away? If that rumour was true I doubt he would have a different offer for us.

There seems to be this idea that Roy is our best chance of safety, but he hasn't got a team playing well in about 3-4 years. Luck was very much on our side in his final season in which we limped to the finish line with most people questioning whether he had the energy or speed of thought for the modern PL.

Benitez hasn't done anything noteworthy for years either and basically always moans about not being backed. Do you really see him being attracted to us on that basis?

Favre reads like he would be a good fit, but obviously he's never managed in the PL. Also, would he risk his reputation on the job after his problems at Nice?

For me I'd go for Hassenhutl on the basis he has PL experience, he gets his teams on the front foot and he gets his teams playing football that will get the crowd behind him. Southampton have also not improved since he left and have a lower points per game since he left despite significant spending in January.

Hence why I advocate Roy until the end of the season and then Biesla to take over at the start of the summer and then have to off-season to get the squad fit and in tune with his playstyle. Bit like we did the summer under Pullis when we went to that Austrian fitness camp.

Hassanhutl is a no for me. Just don't think he did anything at Southampton.

Also. I like the idea of Roy until the end of the season and if Biesla wants to take over the U21/U23's get to know the club and players. And as an added bonus get the U21's and U23's playing his style whilst also getting a look at them with a view to brining them into the first squad next season sounds like a brilliant way forwards to me.

Edited by Mwncisee (20 Mar 2023 1.13pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 20 Mar 23 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by boilerboy

Nearly every manager associated with the managers job has failed at their previous job and will take the job for the money. In my opinion we get Will Still. This guy has come from nothing, worked for free to get where he is today. He's hungry and wants success and nit just here for the money. He's a sensation and ill be gutted if we don't take this opportunity because another Premier league club will take him soon.

Apparently he doesn’t have the required coaching qualifications to work in the UK.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 20 Mar 23 1.22pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Apparently he doesn’t have the required coaching qualifications to work in the UK.

If that is the case,why not simply appoint Roy to ,in all probability,keep us up until the end of season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 20 Mar 23 1.30pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Mwncisee

Hence why I advocate Roy until the end of the season and then Biesla to take over at the start of the summer and then have to off-season to get the squad fit and in tune with his playstyle. Bit like we did the summer under Pullis when we went to that Austrian fitness camp.

Hassanhutl is a no for me. Just don't think he did anything at Southampton.

Also. I like the idea of Roy until the end of the season and if Biesla wants to take over the U21/U23's get to know the club and players. And as an added bonus get the U21's and U23's playing his style whilst also getting a look at them with a view to brining them into the first squad next season sounds like a brilliant way forwards to me.

Edited by Mwncisee (20 Mar 2023 1.13pm)

If as seems likely Roy comes in as caretaker then he'll have my support, as anyone would. I just worry we'd see no improvement in the areas we desperately need to improve, that being in attack and morale.

It's such a hard task to pick a new manager though, hence why I didn't advocate sacking Vieira. Silva was dismissed by pretty much everyone after previous failures and now he's doing an amazing job at Fulham. Howe couldn't organise a defence at Bournemouth and now look at Newcastle. Benitez, Nuno and Lampard flopped at Everton and Conte and Potter have marred their reputations. Rodgers has gone from hero to zero and Moyes is rapidly going the same way.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 20 Mar 23 1.36pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

If as seems likely Roy comes in as caretaker then he'll have my support, as anyone would. I just worry we'd see no improvement in the areas we desperately need to improve, that being in attack and morale.

It's such a hard task to pick a new manager though, hence why I didn't advocate sacking Vieira. Silva was dismissed by pretty much everyone after previous failures and now he's doing an amazing job at Fulham. Howe couldn't organise a defence at Bournemouth and now look at Newcastle. Benitez, Nuno and Lampard flopped at Everton and Conte and Potter have marred their reputations. Rodgers has gone from hero to zero and Moyes is rapidly going the same way.

Silva’s success hangs on who is in charge of defensive matters and coaching.

Potter has only marred his reputation at that level. Not at our level

Managers who stay too long go stale or the players don’t respond as effectively. That length of time isn’t even that long anymore.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View boilerboy's Profile boilerboy Flag st neots 20 Mar 23 1.45pm Send a Private Message to boilerboy Add boilerboy as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Apparently he doesn’t have the required coaching qualifications to work in the UK.

He's fine to manage in Premier league. Already checked. Reimes were paying a 25k euro fine per game as he didn't have correct license but he's ok now. It shows how good he is if Reimes were happy to pay the fine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 20 Mar 23 1.59pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Silva’s success hangs on who is in charge of defensive matters and coaching.

Potter has only marred his reputation at that level. Not at our level

Managers who stay too long go stale or the players don’t respond as effectively. That length of time isn’t even that long anymore.

I certainly agree with the final paragraph. A manager isn't given much breathing space, which is probably largely due to the stakes at play. It's also why Parish will likely turn to Roy. He seems to go for what he considers the safest option when the chips are down. It would go very much against his MO to suddenly go for a leftfield appointment like Biesla at this stage.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 20 Mar 23 2.05pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I certainly agree with the final paragraph. A manager isn't given much breathing space, which is probably largely due to the stakes at play. It's also why Parish will likely turn to Roy. He seems to go for what he considers the safest option when the chips are down. It would go very much against his MO to suddenly go for a leftfield appointment like Biesla at this stage.

A reasonable suggestion.

Unfortunately we have turned from 'this is all going shockingly downhill' to staring right down the barrel. I'd be very shocked if anything even remotely resembling any experiment or gamble were to take place. As romantic as it may sound I don't think that's what we need either.

To caveat before anyone else does, I think Roy could very well be as much if not more a gamble than other names touted. My feeling is he will be on the cards only due to lack of ability to obtain a different option.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 20 Mar 23 2.06pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

For the rest of this season we need a manager that knows the premier league and the teams we are coming up against. There is no way the club are going to appoint a manager fresh to the league, which narrows the list massively.

I would not be surprised in the slightest to see Roy brought back in especially considering so many of the team know how he plays and he actually had a decent record against the lower level of teams in the division

Edited by EddieMac (20 Mar 2023 2.07pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 20 Mar 23 2.27pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by boilerboy

He's fine to manage in Premier league. Already checked. Reimes were paying a 25k euro fine per game as he didn't have correct license but he's ok now. It shows how good he is if Reimes were happy to pay the fine.

No, he holds level 4 license, he needs level 5 known as a Pro license to work in the Premier.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nead1's Profile nead1 Flag 20 Mar 23 2.28pm Send a Private Message to nead1 Add nead1 as a friend

I completely agree; it is not an exciting prospect but understandable given the circumstances.

It also appears as if Roy has already been sounded out and he is keen to do it. He knows how Parish/Freedman operate and would probably also have the confidence of the American's.

In my view, its highly likely to happen.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 42 of 111 < 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Next manager ?