You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha
June 4 2023 5.36am

Zaha

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

 

View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 15 May 23 3.05pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Which currency are you quoting there? Obviously not pounds sterling.

Wilf 130, Luka 75, McArthur, 55, Tomkins 50, Lokonga 52, Butland 35, Clyne 30, Ferguson 29, Ward 35 total 491k GBP per week.

I would offer Ward a one year extension

 


Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 15 May 23 3.14pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Wilf 130, Luka 75, McArthur, 55, Tomkins 50, Lokonga 52, Butland 35, Clyne 30, Ferguson 29, Ward 35 total 491k GBP per week.

I would offer Ward a one year extension

Tomkins? Blimey, I had not realised.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 15 May 23 3.39pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Wilf 130, Luka 75, McArthur, 55, Tomkins 50, Lokonga 52, Butland 35, Clyne 30, Ferguson 29, Ward 35 total 491k GBP per week.

I would offer Ward a one year extension

Forgive me for not being a mind-reader. I wrongly assumed that you were talking about Zaha in a thread entitled 'Zaha'.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 15 May 23 3.46pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

James Ward Prowse, Carlos Alcaraz?

As someone has said before, JWP might be a bit of an annoying sh1t, but you wouldnít mind him being our annoying sh1t. Would he fit into a side with Olise and Eze though, Iím not so sure?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 15 May 23 4.04pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

James Ward Prowse, Carlos Alcaraz?

It's a 'no' from me on those two Hrolf, just my opinion.

Ahamada, Hughes, Schlupp, Jmac, Riedewald - all of those can somewhat fill that CM gap, as and when appropriate, however if we were to be serious and my somewhat reasonable/reality aligned dreams were to come true I'd like better there and JWP/CA are on the same level if not below the aforementioned.

JWP - A poor man's Will Hughes in open play albeit absolutely deadly from set pieces however would the team benefit more from someone better suited to the former (open play)?

Alcaraz - Meh, looks OK I suppose but no great improvement. Deservedly relegated alongside his teammates... including JWP.

I'd like somebody similar to Doucoure to partner him, an all round, old-fashioned CM. Doesn't need someone bringing loads to an attack with Eze +3 in front of him, doesn't need to sit too deep either alongside Doucoure, so just a nice, capable all rounder thank you.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 15 May 23 4.37pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

It's a 'no' from me on those two Hrolf, just my opinion.

Ahamada, Hughes, Schlupp, Jmac, Riedewald - all of those can somewhat fill that CM gap, as and when appropriate, however if we were to be serious and my somewhat reasonable/reality aligned dreams were to come true I'd like better there and JWP/CA are on the same level if not below the aforementioned.

JWP - A poor man's Will Hughes in open play albeit absolutely deadly from set pieces however would the team benefit more from someone better suited to the former (open play)?

Alcaraz - Meh, looks OK I suppose but no great improvement. Deservedly relegated alongside his teammates... including JWP.

I'd like somebody similar to Doucoure to partner him, an all round, old-fashioned CM. Doesn't need someone bringing loads to an attack with Eze +3 in front of him, doesn't need to sit too deep either alongside Doucoure, so just a nice, capable all rounder thank you.

I with you on this one, Nick on all counts!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 15 May 23 4.49pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

It's a 'no' from me on those two Hrolf, just my opinion.

Ahamada, Hughes, Schlupp, Jmac, Riedewald - all of those can somewhat fill that CM gap, as and when appropriate, however if we were to be serious and my somewhat reasonable/reality aligned dreams were to come true I'd like better there and JWP/CA are on the same level if not below the aforementioned.

JWP - A poor man's Will Hughes in open play albeit absolutely deadly from set pieces however would the team benefit more from someone better suited to the former (open play)?

Alcaraz - Meh, looks OK I suppose but no great improvement. Deservedly relegated alongside his teammates... including JWP.

I'd like somebody similar to Doucoure to partner him, an all round, old-fashioned CM. Doesn't need someone bringing loads to an attack with Eze +3 in front of him, doesn't need to sit too deep either alongside Doucoure, so just a nice, capable all rounder thank you.

.

I think thatís a little bit harsh Nic, he can slot a very good pass and can also play a defensive role as he showed when he marked Zaha out of a couple of matches which infuriated Wilf to say the least. However, Iím not wedded to the idea and understand that we have a greater need for a Milivojevic or even better a Jedinak 2.0 type of player who can allow Doucoure a bit more freedom to break up play further up the pitch.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 15 May 23 5.44pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

.

I think thatís a little bit harsh Nic, he can slot a very good pass and can also play a defensive role as he showed when he marked Zaha out of a couple of matches which infuriated Wilf to say the least. However, Iím not wedded to the idea and understand that we have a greater need for a Milivojevic or even better a Jedinak 2.0 type of player who can allow Doucoure a bit more freedom to break up play further up the pitch.

It was intended to be harsh! I thought I was being nice

Iíve perhaps over egged my assertion that JWPís general footballing ability is not aligned to his world class dead ball specialism. I do sincerely maintain however that outside of that, I donít rate him highly and certainly wouldnít desire his acquisition on that basis alone. I do however think he is quite similar to Hughes in some ways! Easy to underestimate his general tidiness on the ball and tenacity in midfield!

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 15 May 23 9.17pm Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

It was intended to be harsh! I thought I was being nice

Iíve perhaps over egged my assertion that JWPís general footballing ability is not aligned to his world class dead ball specialism. I do sincerely maintain however that outside of that, I donít rate him highly and certainly wouldnít desire his acquisition on that basis alone. I do however think he is quite similar to Hughes in some ways! Easy to underestimate his general tidiness on the ball and tenacity in midfield!


I would agree always thought WP as average at best . Saints forum over the years would back you up on that

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 15 May 23 9.25pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

It was intended to be harsh! I thought I was being nice

Iíve perhaps over egged my assertion that JWPís general footballing ability is not aligned to his world class dead ball specialism. I do sincerely maintain however that outside of that, I donít rate him highly and certainly wouldnít desire his acquisition on that basis alone. I do however think he is quite similar to Hughes in some ways! Easy to underestimate his general tidiness on the ball and tenacity in midfield!

Academic. Neither he nor maddison will come to us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Philís Barber's Profile Philís Barber Flag Crowborough 15 May 23 10.13pm Send a Private Message to Philís Barber Add Philís Barber as a friend

Originally posted by Charlie B

Does anyone else think that maybe other clubs are casting a doubting eye over Wilf now? The injuries are adding up. Also, if he is now injury prone, should we be offering him £200k a week on a 4 year contract as reported

No, we should be letting him go with a thank you for your service.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Online Flag London 15 May 23 11.19pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Wilf 130, Luka 75, McArthur, 55, Tomkins 50, Lokonga 52, Butland 35, Clyne 30, Ferguson 29, Ward 35 total 491k GBP per week.

I would offer Ward a one year extension

I would cap any contract offer for Wilf to one year and £100k/wk absolute max.
I would try it at £80k/wk to kick off.
I would keep Wardy one more year then let the rest on your list go

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Zaha