You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Another one bites the dust?
June 21 2024 1.00pm

Another one bites the dust?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 21 of 33 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

 

View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 21 Sep 23 6.07pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

.....stripped naked and took part in mutual oral sex (69). However when he penetrated her she withdraw consent.


Edited by Badger11 (21 Sep 2023 4.53pm)

welcome to the frustrating twenty-first Century. Not the first and probably not the last. Lots of fellas know what it is to be teased & frustrated.

 


Kayla did Anfield & Old Trafford

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 21 Sep 23 6.08pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Any law which has an age requirement will always have this problem. The LA police made a big deal about finding a p*** magazine at MJ's house called Barely Legal which of course meant it was legal.

Michael Jackson wanted to be Willy Wonka without the sweets.

I jest, personally I don't think he was into the kids but was weird.....but I could be wrong. I tend to go with Macaulay Culkin opinion on it as he was a kid at the time and had no financial aspect to gain.

Still, no family should be sending their kids to a millionaire's mansion where they sleep in his bed......massive and obvious red flag.


Edited by Stirlingsays (21 Sep 2023 6.17pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 21 Sep 23 6.15pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

There's a lot of focus about illegality here as though if nothing has been proven to be illegal, then move on, nothing to see here. Savile would be delighted.

I'd argue that public social and moral critique of a public figure held up to be some sort of past national treasure is just as valid and note that this can quite rightly lead to various individuals and institutions creating distance between someone without any illegality needing to be involved.

If I'm a brand (of the corporate type) and the sordid details of someone I pay to be associated with sleeping with hundreds of women, some borderline children come out in the papers without legal challenge, along with everything else plus actual factual reminders of how cringe and creepy I used to actually be come to light, I think I'd know what I'd do.

He has right to reply – give an interview. Follow up statement. Get the lawyers involved if untrue.

I'm afraid all I hear so far is... silence.

I kind of have some sympathy with this view.

But what do you do?....Brand seems to be, or have been seedy but probably legal. I think the consensus is that Savile wasn't.

I think there's a lot of political tribalism around the situation....which is mainly what I'm reacting against.

However, if claims have been made that he's broken the law raped and/or shagged kids then sure, that definitely should be investigated...But he's innocent until proven otherwise.....Similarly if these claims are found to be untrue then something should be done about that.....making false claims with no consequences isn't good either.

Edited by Stirlingsays (21 Sep 2023 6.16pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 21 Sep 23 6.26pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by SW19 CPFC

There's a lot of focus about illegality here as though if nothing has been proven to be illegal, then move on, nothing to see here. Savile would be delighted.

I'd argue that public social and moral critique of a public figure held up to be some sort of past national treasure is just as valid and note that this can quite rightly lead to various individuals and institutions creating distance between someone without any illegality needing to be involved.

If I'm a brand (of the corporate type) and the sordid details of someone I pay to be associated with sleeping with hundreds of women, some borderline children come out in the papers without legal challenge, along with everything else plus actual factual reminders of how cringe and creepy I used to actually be come to light, I think I'd know what I'd do.

He has right to reply – give an interview. Follow up statement. Get the lawyers involved if untrue.

I'm afraid all I hear so far is... silence.

He has replied, hasn't he? He's said that he's done nothing illegal.

You (and many others) assume that anyone who is wrongly accused of something must inevitably instruct m'learned friends. Do you have any idea how much it costs to sue the likes of The Times and Channel 4? Millions. Then months and months of legal process, with no certainty of a good outcome and - as I pointed out to Wisbech, but inevitably he knew better - damages in UK defamation cases are notoriously low. A far more pragmatic - and realistic - approach would be to continue to deny all accusations and say "so sue me" or "so charge me".

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 21 Sep 23 6.35pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Nothing is relevant to you except your pathological need to post utter nonsense.

As your comment is indisputably irrelevant to the subject of the thread who is actually posting nonsense?

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 21 Sep 23 6.35pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by YT

He has replied, hasn't he? He's said that he's done nothing illegal.

You (and many others) assume that anyone who is wrongly accused of something must inevitably instruct m'learned friends. Do you have any idea how much it costs to sue the likes of The Times and Channel 4? Millions. Then months and months of legal process, with no certainty of a good outcome and - as I pointed out to Wisbech, but inevitably he knew better - damages in UK defamation cases are notoriously low. A far more pragmatic - and realistic - approach would be to continue to deny all accusations and say "so sue me" or "so charge me".

I'm just surprised that Wisbech accepts that it is Russell Brand. He doesn't think names mean anything or that photographs of people represent them; he doesn't think that acts proven to be perpetrated by people mean that they actually perpetrated those acts.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 21 Sep 23 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

welcome to the frustrating twenty-first Century. Not the first and probably not the last. Lots of fellas know what it is to be teased & frustrated.

Doesn't sound as frustrating as the 1970s when a fumble at a bus stop was the height of ambition.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 21 Sep 23 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by YT

He has replied, hasn't he? He's said that he's done nothing illegal.

You (and many others) assume that anyone who is wrongly accused of something must inevitably instruct m'learned friends. Do you have any idea how much it costs to sue the likes of The Times and Channel 4? Millions. Then months and months of legal process, with no certainty of a good outcome and - as I pointed out to Wisbech, but inevitably he knew better - damages in UK defamation cases are notoriously low. A far more pragmatic - and realistic - approach would be to continue to deny all accusations and say "so sue me" or "so charge me".

If he was certain that these claims are untrue and that defamation could be proved he would have no worries about the costs of bringing an action. They would be sure to be awarded to him, alongside the damages.

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 21 Sep 23 6.43pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

As your comment is indisputably irrelevant to the subject of the thread who is actually posting nonsense?

He is right tho.

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SW19 CPFC's Profile SW19 CPFC Flag Addiscombe West 21 Sep 23 6.44pm Send a Private Message to SW19 CPFC Add SW19 CPFC as a friend

Originally posted by YT

He has replied, hasn't he? He's said that he's done nothing illegal.

You (and many others) assume that anyone who is wrongly accused of something must inevitably instruct m'learned friends. Do you have any idea how much it costs to sue the likes of The Times and Channel 4? Millions. Then months and months of legal process, with no certainty of a good outcome and - as I pointed out to Wisbech, but inevitably he knew better - damages in UK defamation cases are notoriously low. A far more pragmatic - and realistic - approach would be to continue to deny all accusations and say "so sue me" or "so charge me".

'Nothing illegal' is fine, but isn't exactly the best line of defence now is it.

He put out a statement to get ahead of what was going to be published. There's since been a great deal more released and plenty that wasn't covered in the original retort.

Silence.

Brand makes 1million a year from Youtube alone, has a reported 16m net worth, and can make up to £80k a post on Rumble. I don't think that money is an issue for him, and it certainly won't be if there's a case to be had, as the alternative is much worse.

My point about the general right to valid social and moral critique still stands.

 


Did you know? 98.0000001% of people are morons.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 21 Sep 23 6.44pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Doesn't sound as frustrating as the 1970s when a fumble at a bus stop was the height of ambition.

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 21 Sep 23 6.44pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

I'm just surprised that Wisbech accepts that it is Russell Brand. He doesn't think names mean anything or that photographs of people represent them; he doesn't think that acts proven to be perpetrated by people mean that they actually perpetrated those acts.

You are being ridiculous again. Of course I accept that people can be identified by their names and their photographs.

What I don’t accept is that you can determine anyone’s ethnicity just by reading a name or looking at a photograph.

 


For the avoidance of doubt any comments in response to a previous post are directed to its ideas and not at any, or all, posters personally.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 21 of 33 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Another one bites the dust?