You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Goalkeeper
April 14 2024 2.39am

Goalkeeper

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 14 of 14 << First< 10 11 12 13 14

 

View pssguy's Profile pssguy Flag 27 Mar 24 1.41pm Send a Private Message to pssguy Add pssguy as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

Such a shame, because of injuries weíve gone from potentially having three players in the squad to none.

Guehi will have recovered from his injury and if he stays fit will likely go. Southgate prefers Dunk to Colwill and we know how that went for England. Marc is clear back up to Stones and Maguire - who have both been injury-hit this year. Gomez and Konsa were nothing special during the break

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent 27 Mar 24 2.49pm Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by pssguy

Guehi will have recovered from his injury and if he stays fit will likely go. Southgate prefers Dunk to Colwill and we know how that went for England. Marc is clear back up to Stones and Maguire - who have both been injury-hit this year. Gomez and Konsa were nothing special during the break

I hope youíre right, but I think heís going to run out of time to get back to where he was before the final squadís announced

 


Made in Bromley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 27 Mar 24 3.08pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

That's a big blow losing Johnstone.
Out for the rest of this season.
Just hope Henderson doesn't get injured.

Edited by dreamwaverider (27 Mar 2024 3.10pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Elpis's Profile Elpis Flag In a pub 28 Mar 24 7.15am Send a Private Message to Elpis Add Elpis as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

That's a big blow losing Johnstone.
Out for the rest of this season.
Just hope Henderson doesn't get injured.

Edited by dreamwaverider (27 Mar 2024 3.10pm)

I just hope we see the better version of Henderson we saw at Man City not the poorer one we saw at Arsenal and Brighton.

Maybe without Johnstone breathing down his neck for his place in the team he will play without as much pressure and my worries will be unfounded .

 


And we still need a striker

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Goalpost1's Profile Goalpost1 Flag Worcester Park 28 Mar 24 9.14am Send a Private Message to Goalpost1 Add Goalpost1 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Hartlepool supporters dubbed him "Cinders" as he always gets to the ball !

We always used to call him fish flinders!

Edited by Goalpost1 (28 Mar 2024 9.15am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 28 Mar 24 9.39am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Goalpost1

We always used to call him fish flinders!

Edited by Goalpost1 (28 Mar 2024 9.15am)

Flinders, signed by Peter Taylor, never played many games for us, he was in competition with Kiraly and Speroni.

Many years ago I was in conversation with a Hartlepool supporter and he mentioned to me that Flinders manager at the club, Neale Cooper, praised his shot-stopping ability.

Edited by Willo (28 Mar 2024 9.46am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View monkey's Profile monkey Flag Sittingbourne,Kent 28 Mar 24 11.38am Send a Private Message to monkey Add monkey as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Flinders, signed by Peter Taylor, never played many games for us, he was in competition with Kiraly and Speroni.

Many years ago I was in conversation with a Hartlepool supporter and he mentioned to me that Flinders manager at the club, Neale Cooper, praised his shot-stopping ability.

Edited by Willo (28 Mar 2024 9.46am)

I think thatís where the likes of hennessey and Henderson struggled/struggle for us, if your positioning is poor youíre going to struggle, and sitting behind the goal like I do, certainly in Hennesseyís case his positioning was well suspect sometimes. Yes he might throw himself at a shot that ends up a goal and itís not a glaring error, but his poor positioning did stand out a bit with him, especially as he wasnít exactly the most nimble of keepers. Hendersonís also let a couple in that itís hard to believe he didnít get to the ball despite throwing himself across the goal

 


Made in Bromley

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 28 Mar 24 11.46am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

This is Hendersonís chance to step up and prove himself to Glasner.

Iíve no doubt he will be up for the challenge, so itís down to him.

Iím trying to view the positive from the situation !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 28 Mar 24 11.58am Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

I feel like the club still view Henderson as the long term goalkeeper so maybe if he can come in and finish the season well it could prove to be a blessing in disguise. Let's hope he steps up.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Houston Eagle's Profile Houston Eagle Flag Houston 28 Mar 24 1.08pm Send a Private Message to Houston Eagle Add Houston Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by monkey

I think thatís where the likes of hennessey and Henderson struggled/struggle for us, if your positioning is poor youíre going to struggle, and sitting behind the goal like I do, certainly in Hennesseyís case his positioning was well suspect sometimes. Yes he might throw himself at a shot that ends up a goal and itís not a glaring error, but his poor positioning did stand out a bit with him, especially as he wasnít exactly the most nimble of keepers. Hendersonís also let a couple in that itís hard to believe he didnít get to the ball despite throwing himself across the goal

Totally agree! Always thought Hennessy was a great keeper but his positioning and game reading was suspect! Most goals he conceded, especially free kicks looked unstoppable until you analyzed his starting position and first move instincts!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 28 Mar 24 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Houston Eagle

Totally agree! Always thought Hennessy was a great keeper but his positioning and game reading was suspect! Most goals he conceded, especially free kicks looked unstoppable until you analyzed his starting position and first move instincts!

I am not a goalkeeping coach nor do I profess to being an expert in this field but in conversation with those in the game I discovered that certain clubs like their keeper to operate near their goalline whilst others have a preference for the keeper to being more advanced when dealing with shots.

I noticed that erstwhile Wolves goalkeeper Rui Patricio works very close to his line so he is not a keeper who acts as a Sweeper.
Thomas Kaminski on the other hand adopts a high starting position on the pitch and players have attempted to lob him from distance.

Edited by Willo (28 Mar 2024 1.40pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 28 Mar 24 3.49pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Hartlepool supporters dubbed him "Cinders" as he always gets to the ball !

I didn't know the Monkey Hangers were so cryptic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 14 of 14 << First< 10 11 12 13 14

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Goalkeeper