You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > European Elections
June 21 2024 11.58am

European Elections

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 09 Jun 24 9.53pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

French President Emmanuel Macron has dissolved the French Parliament and called snap elections in the wake of tonight's European election results
Exit polls show Marine Le Pen's National Rally are set to trounce Macron's party in a historic win for the party
The French parliamentary elections will be held on 30 June and 7 July
Far-right parties have also made substantial gains in Austria and Germany, exit polls say
The first projection of the European Parliament shows that the centre-right European People's Party is still the strongest grouping
About 360 million eligible voters are choosing 720 new Members of the European Parliament (MEPs)
Voter turnout is estimated to be 51% in this election, very slightly higher than it was in 2019

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 09 Jun 24 9.57pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

France's Le Pen: We are ready to take over power
French far-right leader Marine Le Pen has just welcomed President Emmanuel Macron's decision to call a snap election.

"This historic vote shows that when people vote, people win," she told a cheering crowd of supporters at a rally in Paris.

"We are ready to take over power if the French give us their trust in the upcoming national elections," she added.

"We are ready to exercise power, to end mass migration, to prioritise purchasing power, ready to make France live again," she said.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eaglesdare's Profile eaglesdare Flag 09 Jun 24 10.05pm Send a Private Message to eaglesdare Add eaglesdare as a friend

Looks like people all over Europe are rejecting the woke agenda and the ridiculous net zero.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 09 Jun 24 10.16pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Of course, it will make no difference to the EU as the European 'parliament' is virtually powerless and a sham, but there couldn't be a clearer indication that that the majority of people reject the claptrap that the likes of Wisbech and Steeleye spout.

Labour will no doubt win the election here because the Tories have been Labour Lite for years. Reform will poll more votes than the Liberals and possibly the Tories, they will take a a few seats. There will not be a Labour landslide, it will be a lot closer than the polls suggest.


Edited by georgenorman (09 Jun 2024 10.22pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 09 Jun 24 10.20pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

There can't be a clearer indication that that the majority of people reject the claptrap that the likes of Wisbech and Steeleye spout. Labour will no doubt win the election here because the Tories have been Labour Lite for years. Reform will poll more votes than the Liberals and possibly the Tories, they will take a a few seats.

Agreed

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View YT's Profile YT Online Flag Oxford 09 Jun 24 10.20pm Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

There can't be a clearer indication that that the majority of people reject the claptrap that the likes of Wisbech and Steeleye spout. Labour will no doubt win the election here because the Tories have been Labour Lite for years. Reform will poll more votes than the Liberals and possibly the Tories, they will take a a few seats.

Wisbech will no doubt be rejoicing that we got shot of the EU before it lurched to the right.

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Behind Enemy Lines's Profile Behind Enemy Lines Flag Sussex 09 Jun 24 10.29pm Send a Private Message to Behind Enemy Lines Add Behind Enemy Lines as a friend

Originally posted by DANGERCLOSE

French President Emmanuel Macron has dissolved the French Parliament and called snap elections in the wake of tonight's European election results
Exit polls show Marine Le Pen's National Rally are set to trounce Macron's party in a historic win for the party
The French parliamentary elections will be held on 30 June and 7 July
Far-right parties have also made substantial gains in Austria and Germany, exit polls say
The first projection of the European Parliament shows that the centre-right European People's Party is still the strongest grouping
About 360 million eligible voters are choosing 720 new Members of the European Parliament (MEPs)
Voter turnout is estimated to be 51% in this election, very slightly higher than it was in 2019

I think Macron has done the right thing from his point of view. I think he is assuming that some of Le Pens votes will be protest votes and therefore their support has peaked. As with previous general elections where Le Pen has been strong in the first round of voting, the second round normally favours the more established party due to the voting structure. Could be fun to watch though.

 


hats off to palace, they were always gonna be louder, and hate to say it but they were impressive ALL bouncing and singing.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 09 Jun 24 10.52pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Yum yum.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Online Flag Hong Kong 10 Jun 24 12.28am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Far-right means in today's msm you believe

Women can have a p****

Unlimited immigration of people who are culturally at odds with your society is not a good thing

Having to comply with the orders of non elected people from another country is ok

Respect for your national flag is a racist and all kinds of phobic

The list goes on and on

The term far right is thrown around as a perjorative same as banker.


 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Ouzo Dan's Profile Ouzo Dan Flag Behind you 10 Jun 24 5.51am Send a Private Message to Ouzo Dan Add Ouzo Dan as a friend

Great day for Europe.

 


The mountains are calling & I must go.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HeathMan's Profile HeathMan Flag Purley 10 Jun 24 7.28am Send a Private Message to HeathMan Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add HeathMan as a friend

Always possible that comments that Labour will enjoy a landslide on 4th July, will cause Labour voters to not bother.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 Jun 24 8.16am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Beginning to wonder about some of the left on here.

I mean why on earth would they want to join a far right racist organisation like the EU?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > European Elections