You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread
December 6 2019 1.03pm

The Brexit Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2394 of 2397 < 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 >

 

View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 14 Nov 19 7.15am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Typical in democratic EU

BBC News - General election 2019: Don't give up on stopping Brexit - Tusk
[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 14 Nov 19 8.14am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Okay so now we have had Tusk and Hilary and even the Donald all interfere in our election. Not to mention rumours of Russian cyber attacks and George Soros.

To be safe let's start again with re-running the 2016 referendum. I mean that was fatally flawed I realised that when the Remainers pointed out that some bloke I never heard off in the Leave campaign violated some obscure funding rules with an insignificant amount of money according to his jilted boyfriend. So I must have been influenced to vote the wrong way.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 14 Nov 19 8.51am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

To be safe let's start again with re-running the 2016 referendum.

LOL. Like that would ever happen. The whole point of Labours supposed '2nd' referendum is that it would essentially be nothing more than us having to rubber stamp 'Remain' given that the only other option will be a horrendous Leave deal that they will not be backing anyway. Nothing more than an attempt to protect their own vanity about masquerading as democrats.

Personally I welcome the likes of Tusk and co letting us know what they think. Because it works. Truly helps the Leave cause.

When this entire s*** show is done and dusted I would love to be able to sit down with some ardent Remainers and ask them about their collective thought processes. Try and work out how they intended to persuade people who voted Leave in 2016 to change their minds by A: heaping insult upon insult upon them and B: how the intervention of the very people who drove over 17.4 million people to vote leave telling us all how silly we were helps anything?

Remainers put great store in the fact that they are more likely to be University Graduates and so on yet their entire campaign to reverse the 2016 result has been so utterly s***e that you have to question just how intelligent they actually are. Thick as Pig s*** is my less than biased opinion but I am happy to be corrected.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 14 Nov 19 9.01am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

Typical in democratic EU

BBC News - General election 2019: Don't give up on stopping Brexit - Tusk
[Link]

Hope he doesn't mention football.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 14 Nov 19 9.43am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

And another from the BBC a film review about the new Emilia Clarke Romcom written by my old mate Emma Thompson.

[Link]

I saw a long trailer for this at the cinema and groaned two pretty people, Christmas and George Michael songs talk about generic. What I didn't know is that Emma throws in some stuff about those awful racist Brexit people, they just can't leave it alone.

In fairness to the BBC along with the puff they did include an alternate view.

"Last Christmas is the worst festive film I have ever seen," wrote Dan Wootton in The Sun. "It's a woke, remoaning, overly politically correct mess of a movie that manages to suck every inch of fun, joy and togetherness out of the season where we should be jolly."

Just call me The Grinch.

Edited by Badger11 (14 Nov 2019 9.43am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 14 Nov 19 9.51am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

LOL. Like that would ever happen. The whole point of Labours supposed '2nd' referendum is that it would essentially be nothing more than us having to rubber stamp 'Remain' given that the only other option will be a horrendous Leave deal that they will not be backing anyway. Nothing more than an attempt to protect their own vanity about masquerading as democrats.

Personally I welcome the likes of Tusk and co letting us know what they think. Because it works. Truly helps the Leave cause.

When this entire s*** show is done and dusted I would love to be able to sit down with some ardent Remainers and ask them about their collective thought processes. Try and work out how they intended to persuade people who voted Leave in 2016 to change their minds by A: heaping insult upon insult upon them and B: how the intervention of the very people who drove over 17.4 million people to vote leave telling us all how silly we were helps anything?

Remainers put great store in the fact that they are more likely to be University Graduates and so on yet their entire campaign to reverse the 2016 result has been so utterly s***e that you have to question just how intelligent they actually are. Thick as Pig s*** is my less than biased opinion but I am happy to be corrected.

The sneering woke middle classes didn't have their wages cut by cheap foreign labour. I bet if they were told to take a massive pay cut due to cheap foreign labour they'd soon change their tune.

Yes a lot of people who voted Brexit are not highly educated my mate is paid 100 a week less than 10 years ago. Do you wonder that they voted to leave when they are being undercut.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Deleted 14 Nov 19 11.55am

Originally posted by Badger11

The sneering woke middle classes didn't have their wages cut by cheap foreign labour. I bet if they were told to take a massive pay cut due to cheap foreign labour they'd soon change their tune.

Yes a lot of people who voted Brexit are not highly educated my mate is paid 100 a week less than 10 years ago. Do you wonder that they voted to leave when they are being undercut.

This is fundamentally the issue and the Tories have managed to do the best bait and switch to get the working class voting for them, even though it was inevitable that increased competition on labour, reducing the price of labour was the goal. And I'm not saying Labour are the solution always, but a step back needs to be made and a realisation that life isn't linear.

If you vote Labour, at least Corbyn's Labour, you're going to get more workers rights, a higher union representation, increases in wages, but you will also get higher inflation, the unions having too much power.

If you vote conservative, it's the opposite and the role of the electorate is to understand and realise when you need each one.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 14 Nov 19 12.27pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

And another from the BBC a film review about the new Emilia Clarke Romcom written by my old mate Emma Thompson.

[Link]

I saw a long trailer for this at the cinema and groaned two pretty people, Christmas and George Michael songs talk about generic. What I didn't know is that Emma throws in some stuff about those awful racist Brexit people, they just can't leave it alone.

In fairness to the BBC along with the puff they did include an alternate view.

"Last Christmas is the worst festive film I have ever seen," wrote Dan Wootton in The Sun. "It's a woke, remoaning, overly politically correct mess of a movie that manages to suck every inch of fun, joy and togetherness out of the season where we should be jolly."

Just call me The Grinch.

Edited by Badger11 (14 Nov 2019 9.43am)

I'll call you spot on.

The 'woke' middle class and higher types who don't live with the realities of their ideologies yet look down on the working classes who do......they grind my gears like few others.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 14 Nov 19 12.32pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Jway89

This is fundamentally the issue and the Tories have managed to do the best bait and switch to get the working class voting for them, even though it was inevitable that increased competition on labour, reducing the price of labour was the goal. And I'm not saying Labour are the solution always, but a step back needs to be made and a realisation that life isn't linear.

If you vote Labour, at least Corbyn's Labour, you're going to get more workers rights, a higher union representation, increases in wages, but you will also get higher inflation, the unions having too much power.

If you vote conservative, it's the opposite and the role of the electorate is to understand and realise when you need each one.

Not sure about that bit. I think Corbyn is sincere in wanting to hep the lower pay but all the while Labour have an open door immigration policy they are in conflict with each other. Basic supply and demand.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Deleted 14 Nov 19 12.44pm

Originally posted by Badger11

Not sure about that bit. I think Corbyn is sincere in wanting to hep the lower pay but all the while Labour have an open door immigration policy they are in conflict with each other. Basic supply and demand.

He wants to raise the minimum wage, but more importantly is if you have higher union representation then they negotiate on behalf of all employees.

Makes sense. How many people aren't in unions that have to negotiate their pay, either don't do it or will accept less than what they want because they fear being sacked or treated differently?

The main difference this time around is, i think, is that full employment is unlikely to be the goal. If you have a policy of full employment and high union power, that's when things get tricky.

So, for me it's more about balance of power than anything else really.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 14 Nov 19 1.06pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Jway89

He wants to raise the minimum wage, but more importantly is if you have higher union representation then they negotiate on behalf of all employees.

Makes sense. How many people aren't in unions that have to negotiate their pay, either don't do it or will accept less than what they want because they fear being sacked or treated differently?

The main difference this time around is, i think, is that full employment is unlikely to be the goal. If you have a policy of full employment and high union power, that's when things get tricky.

So, for me it's more about balance of power than anything else really.

He wants to raise the minimum wage but further open borders. Can you see how this is going to further destroy opportunity in this country? (especially for the working classes)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Deleted 14 Nov 19 1.22pm

Originally posted by W12

He wants to raise the minimum wage but further open borders. Can you see how this is going to further destroy opportunity in this country? (especially for the working classes)

To be honest, I don't think he even knows what he wants to do.
The problem is that the Tories have basically been relaxed on immigration too. Why?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2394 of 2397 < 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread