You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread
July 7 2020 1.00am

The Brexit Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2506 of 2515 < 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 May 20 8.42am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by the silurian

Care to show me where i have believed in conspiracy theories before? Didnt think so...I talk as though nothing has changed? Really? My business relies on people coming from the UK, thats all stopped, We have had NO INCOME for 3 months, so dont tell me I think nothing has changed, maybe Ill just return to UK and become another burden on the state....seems to work for plenty of others!
I dont believe in conspiracy at all, I just believe that the government and previous governments and all MPs have lied to us, and are still lieing over this virus (and many other things).
They lie every day....100000 tests a day? Didnt happen! Everything is a lie to cover up their inadequacies
You are a great advocate of the EU, what have they done for poorer countries in this testing time? Sweet FA thats what, they are going down, hopefully sooner rather than later...and before you start, I live in the EU and it will affect me and my family big time if it collapses which is looking increasingly likely!
In the mean time, you carry on living in your cossetted Truro bubble and looking down on everyone else!!

Edited by the silurian (07 May 2020 7.44am)

I really cannot be bothered to trawl through lots of old posts so will accept your claim and apologise. Maybe I confused you for another poster. However you do seem to be showing belief in a conspiracy theory now.

The rest of your post is personal and so I won't reply other than to say it doesn't actually address the point I am raising.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 May 20 9.00am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I'm not sure I understand this tying ourselves to a sinking ship (either US or EU) nor do is believe it an either or trade deal with one or the other.

We will be doing multiple trade deals across the world it would be great to have deals with both the US and the EU. A trade deal doesn't mean we are forced to buy their goods (that's a bad deal) it just means both sides have access to the others markets with less tax and paperwork.

If we do a deal with the EU and politically it starts to fall apart that is their problem. It should be seen as an opportunity if some countries breakaway from the EU they maybe more likely to offer favourable terms for instance I doubt Germany cares about olive growers.

The real issue here it the politically willingness to do a deal Trump seems keen the EU is dithering.

As for the comment everything has changed in the last three months, I agree I may post my thoughts on the Post Coronavirus thread, however any good businessmen will tell you change is an opportunity we should not dither if there is a good deal to be had by either bloc.

Edited by Badger11 (07 May 2020 7.45am)

My point is quite a simple one. Trade will go on in some way whatever happens and whilst we can obviously do deals with everyone we face a basic decision. Do we hitch our waggon primarily to the countries in Europe (whether as part of the EU or not) or turn more towards the USA.

I don't trust Trump at all. I think he is fundamentally a jumped up snake oil salesman. There is a 50% or more chance he won't be in office in 9 months time and a 100% chance he won't in 4 years 9 months time. Trump hates the EU because he sees it as a rival to the USA and not a bastion of democracy against the empire to the east. So whilst getting closer to the USA might be wise I wouldn't want to do it with Trump at the helm.

We don't know whether the EU will survive but our markets there will, as their's will with us.

We don't know what shape we will be in, and what our priorities will be.

With so many uncertainties I think it unwise to even be thinking about spending time and resources on negotiating new trade agreements when there are ones already in place that can serve until such time as things become clearer.

I prefer the focus to be 100% on dealing with the crisis and not for us to be having the inevitable diversionary arguments that such negotiations involve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View the silurian's Profile the silurian Flag The garden of England.(not really) 07 May 20 9.16am Send a Private Message to the silurian Add the silurian as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I really cannot be bothered to trawl through lots of old posts so will accept your claim and apologise. Maybe I confused you for another poster. However you do seem to be showing belief in a conspiracy theory now.

The rest of your post is personal and so I won't reply other than to say it doesn't actually address the point I am raising.


The ONLY conspiracy I believe is that the corona virus pandemic was NO ACCIDENT, China released it deliberately to cause world chaos which it has!

t

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mezzer's Profile mezzer Flag Main Stand, Block F, Row 20 seat 1... 07 May 20 9.30am Send a Private Message to mezzer Add mezzer as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

My point is quite a simple one. Trade will go on in some way whatever happens and whilst we can obviously do deals with everyone we face a basic decision. Do we hitch our waggon primarily to the countries in Europe (whether as part of the EU or not) or turn more towards the USA.

I don't trust Trump at all. I think he is fundamentally a jumped up snake oil salesman. There is a 50% or more chance he won't be in office in 9 months time and a 100% chance he won't in 4 years 9 months time. Trump hates the EU because he sees it as a rival to the USA and not a bastion of democracy against the empire to the east. So whilst getting closer to the USA might be wise I wouldn't want to do it with Trump at the helm.

We don't know whether the EU will survive but our markets there will, as their's will with us.

We don't know what shape we will be in, and what our priorities will be.

With so many uncertainties I think it unwise to even be thinking about spending time and resources on negotiating new trade agreements when there are ones already in place that can serve until such time as things become clearer.

I prefer the focus to be 100% on dealing with the crisis and not for us to be having the inevitable diversionary arguments that such negotiations involve.

Blimey WE, don't ever get a job working for the Samaritans. A couple of posts ago you pitied Trump. Now you don't trust him and view him as a snake oil salesman! I think your bedside manner needs working on.

 


Living down here does have some advantages. At least you can see them cry.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 May 20 10.11am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by the silurian


The ONLY conspiracy I believe is that the corona virus pandemic was NO ACCIDENT, China released it deliberately to cause world chaos which it has!

t

I have heard this conspiracy theory many, many times. Mostly from sources in the USA who claim it as true without a shred of actual evidence.

What I cannot understand is why anyone thinks China would actually do it. Trump thinks they would just so he fails to get a second term, but come on, really? He won't be there for that long come what may.

Why would China deliberately ruin their markets and create a huge problem in their own country? If the world goes into a deep recession then so will China and that will threaten the leadership there as much as anywhere else.

I just don't get the logic of the theory nevermind whether any actual evidence exists.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 07 May 20 10.15am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I have heard this conspiracy theory many, many times. Mostly from sources in the USA who claim it as true without a shred of actual evidence.


Ah but Donald Duck Trump has seen the evidence

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 May 20 10.17am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by mezzer

Blimey WE, don't ever get a job working for the Samaritans. A couple of posts ago you pitied Trump. Now you don't trust him and view him as a snake oil salesman! I think your bedside manner needs working on.

I pity anyone who suffers from the kind of personality disorder that seems to be so obvious in Trump. I think he needs help, although convincing him of that until he is no longer President and probably locked away somewhere, won't be easy.

Seeing him as a snake oil salesman is perfectly compatible with that. His behaviour is as a result of his disorder. It's his customers that I find really puzzling.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mezzer's Profile mezzer Flag Main Stand, Block F, Row 20 seat 1... 07 May 20 10.30am Send a Private Message to mezzer Add mezzer as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I pity anyone who suffers from the kind of personality disorder that seems to be so obvious in Trump. I think he needs help, although convincing him of that until he is no longer President and probably locked away somewhere, won't be easy.

Seeing him as a snake oil salesman is perfectly compatible with that. His behaviour is as a result of his disorder. It's his customers that I find really puzzling.

But your "pity" comes out in damning rhetoric. I reckon if you did work for the Samaritans, if someone phoned you from the end of the platform at Wivelsfield Station you'd offer to send them a train timetable to help them make the "right" decision.

Anyway, this is more suited to the Trump thread. Back to Brexit......

 


Living down here does have some advantages. At least you can see them cry.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 08 May 20 2.17pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

EU agreed to Chinese censorship over coronavirus origins.

[Link]

Edited by Penge Eagle (08 May 2020 2.17pm)

 


New Palace fan site Screaming Alice [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View the silurian's Profile the silurian Flag The garden of England.(not really) 08 May 20 3.08pm Send a Private Message to the silurian Add the silurian as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I have heard this conspiracy theory many, many times. Mostly from sources in the USA who claim it as true without a shred of actual evidence.

What I cannot understand is why anyone thinks China would actually do it. Trump thinks they would just so he fails to get a second term, but come on, really? He won't be there for that long come what may.

Why would China deliberately ruin their markets and create a huge problem in their own country? If the world goes into a deep recession then so will China and that will threaten the leadership there as much as anywhere else.

I just don't get the logic of the theory nevermind whether any actual evidence exists.

was going to reply, but as you are so intransigent in your views, I have decided that you just aint worth the effort, you are just on a massive wind up....if it helps you in your dotage then fine, but I am no longer interested in any sort of debate with a wind up merchant old codger!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 May 20 3.28pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by the silurian

was going to reply, but as you are so intransigent in your views, I have decided that you just aint worth the effort, you are just on a massive wind up....if it helps you in your dotage then fine, but I am no longer interested in any sort of debate with a wind up merchant old codger!

What you really mean is that as you know it's an evidence free conspiracy theory and you cannot back up your assertions with any actual facts you will resort to a tactic commonly found in these pages.

Which is to attack the poster rather than answer the post.

So go and look in the mirror and ask yourself who is actually behaving like an "old codger" here?

If you find some actual evidence then we will test whether I am intransigent. If you don't, and fail to admit it, then I trust you enjoy wearing the cap!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 08 May 20 3.38pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

EU agreed to Chinese censorship over coronavirus origins.

[Link]

Edited by Penge Eagle (08 May 2020 2.17pm)

Reluctantly and to ensure their other concerns get published. That's realpolitik. It's ever thus in the real world.

We all know China has censorship and is trying not to allow itself to be seen as culpable, in any way, for this crisis. Whether they were, or not, won't be known for a long time and may never be definitely. In the meantime we have a worldwide crisis to deal with and playing any kind of blame game in the middle of it diverts attention and damages relationships, just when they need to be strengthened.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2506 of 2515 < 2502 2503 2504 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread