You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread
July 13 2020 10.11pm

The Brexit Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2509 of 2515 < 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 May 20 4.42pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

EU to ease fisheries demand.

Very good news. Our fisherman do an incredible job and need all the support they Can get.

[Link]

These foreigners can get the feck out of our waters.

They wanted hardball and now they can suck on it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 26 May 20 5.03pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

These foreigners can get the feck out of our waters.

They wanted hardball and now they can suck on it.

Boris the boss does it again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 27 May 20 7.17am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Anyone else getting the impression that a strong factor in the media and political war against Cummings on ridiculously over hyped criticisms is all in the hope of removing him so that they can push through a Brexit extension?

With an extension the civil service can work to make Brexit so soft that it's only in name and still contains free movement.

The liberal establishment haven't given up and they know that removing Cummings is their best hope.

Edited by Stirlingsays (27 May 2020 7.36am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 27 May 20 7.42am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Anyone else getting the impression that a strong factor in the media and political war against Cummings on ridiculously over hyped criticisms is all in the hope of removing him so that they can push through a Brexit extension?

With an extension the civil service can work to make Brexit so soft that it's only in name and still contains free movement.

The liberal establishment haven't given up and they know that removing Cummings is their best hope.

Edited by Stirlingsays (27 May 2020 7.36am)

It's what is is about. No one really gives a monkeys if he broke the rules about lockdown.
It's all about brexit and controlling the outcome.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 27 May 20 7.48am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

It's what is is about. No one really gives a monkeys if he broke the rules about lockdown.
It's all about brexit and controlling the outcome.

I have little doubt this factors in within certain powerful media and remainer circles.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 27 May 20 8.45am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

It's what is is about. No one really gives a monkeys if he broke the rules about lockdown.
It's all about brexit and controlling the outcome.

If he broke the rules it's a matter for the Police surely and if they thought he'd flouted restrictions on movement, the penalty at the time was 60. Not remotely sackable in my view.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 27 May 20 8.51am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

If he broke the rules it's a matter for the Police surely and if they thought he'd flouted restrictions on movement, the penalty at the time was 60. Not remotely sackable in my view.

Exactly right.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SavoyTruffle's Profile SavoyTruffle Flag 27 May 20 9.51am Send a Private Message to SavoyTruffle Add SavoyTruffle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Anyone else getting the impression that a strong factor in the media and political war against Cummings on ridiculously over hyped criticisms is all in the hope of removing him so that they can push through a Brexit extension?

With an extension the civil service can work to make Brexit so soft that it's only in name and still contains free movement.

The liberal establishment haven't given up and they know that removing Cummings is their best hope.

Edited by Stirlingsays (27 May 2020 7.36am)

Absolutely pie in the sky.

They have an 80 seat majority, the PM, the entire cabinet stood on a basis of enacting Brexit this year with no extension. Any extension would need to be voted through parliament.

Are you saying the cabinet is so inept that they couldn't manage to get a permanent Brexit deal through parliament without Cummings?

For your theory to work there needs to be a concerted group of MPs in the Tory party who would be willing to sacrifice their electoral chances forever.

The Civil Service doesn't have power to supersede the government like you seem to think.

Edited by SavoyTruffle (27 May 2020 9.56am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 27 May 20 10.30am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by SavoyTruffle

Absolutely pie in the sky.

They have an 80 seat majority, the PM, the entire cabinet stood on a basis of enacting Brexit this year with no extension. Any extension would need to be voted through parliament.

Are you saying the cabinet is so inept that they couldn't manage to get a permanent Brexit deal through parliament without Cummings?

For your theory to work there needs to be a concerted group of MPs in the Tory party who would be willing to sacrifice their electoral chances forever.

The Civil Service doesn't have power to supersede the government like you seem to think.

Edited by SavoyTruffle (27 May 2020 9.56am)

I don't see how a Brexit extension sacrifices the Tories 'election chances forever'. The Tories don't need to face the voters for four years.

There is a considerable movement within the Tory party to water down Brexit and removing Cummings and seeing him replaced with a more establishment friendly replacement to influence Johnson is obvious....for example, Johnson has never been that bothered by freedom of movement and concessions to the remainer cause are there to be fought for.

They are starting from a low base but remainers haven't stopped trying and your suggestion that all this is pie in the sky isn't going to age well I think.

Edited by Stirlingsays (27 May 2020 10.31am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 27 May 20 10.36am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

I don't see this as some anti Brexit conspiracy, Keir Starmer has acknowledged that the Brexit debate is dead.

I think this is revenge pure and simple Cummings will have upset many people and now it's payback time.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SavoyTruffle's Profile SavoyTruffle Flag 27 May 20 10.45am Send a Private Message to SavoyTruffle Add SavoyTruffle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I don't see how a Brexit extension sacrifices the Tories 'election chances forever'. The Tories don't need to face the voters for four years.

There is a considerable movement within the Tory party to water down Brexit and removing Cummings and seeing him replaced with a more establishment friendly replacement to influence Johnson is obvious....for example, Johnson has never been that bothered by freedom of movement and concessions to the remainer cause are there to be fought for.

They are starting from a low base but remainers haven't stopped trying and your suggestion that all this is pie in the sky isn't going to age well I think.

Edited by Stirlingsays (27 May 2020 10.31am)

There is obviously a political element to people wanting Cummings out, if you see my posts in the other thread I have not pretended like there isn't. With that being said, this story genuinely cuts deeper than tribal alliances. There has been an anti-elite atmosphere fostered in the country now for years, that has now become directed at what many people view to be another elite flouting the rules.

Johnson stood solely on 'getting Brexit done this year', no extension, 'do or die'. If he can be manipulated by another adviser in the event Cummings leaves to extend the transition then he is a terrible leader, simple as that.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 27 May 20 10.56am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I don't see this as some anti Brexit conspiracy, Keir Starmer has acknowledged that the Brexit debate is dead.

I think this is revenge pure and simple Cummings will have upset many people and now it's payback time.

I haven't said Brexit will be stopped, but that the new aim is to water it down significantly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2509 of 2515 < 2505 2506 2507 2508 2509 2510 2511 2512 2513 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Brexit Thread