You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Stadium Redevelopment
June 5 2020 11.17am

Stadium Redevelopment

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 206 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 20 Apr 16 6.30pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by trapperjohn

I rather think the sentence "For a club our size it is not good enough" might have given the contrary impression?

I rather think if you went and asked, Parish would have the same opinion. have you been to selhurst, have you read how many times away fans have voted us the worst stadium. Have you seen 8 thousand supporters crammed into the arthur, it takes about 20 minutes to get to the toilet after barging through 100 people.

Is this good enough ???

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 20 Apr 16 6.35pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Plans were not released. Some comments and statements were made. It takes a few million to get surveyors and solicitors to draw up plans of this size, probably why nothing concrete was released before SP went fishing for US investment. Once investment comes in, amount available and what's possible and plans to do it can change (no need for club and TV revenue to be used but also none of the investment is planned for squad costs)

Also, nothing has been progressed since then, probably because we were stuck on just over 30 points with the end of season drawing closer.

Although it looks like SP may reveal plans or minor details of plans and time frames this Summer, with his PR experience, I wouldn't be surprised that if we reach the FA Cup Final, press releases and short interviews on London news programmes and sport channels happen the week before. Timing is important in his game.

[Link] so what would you call these.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 20 Apr 16 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

[Link] so what would you call these.

So what? Erm, last time I was at Selhurst (last week) I didn't see it surrounded by green fields. Take time to read things before excitedly posting a link.

Building plans detail what's going to be built, when, at what cost, and the time frame it's going to take. That says nothing. As I said, all of that and surveys done professionally can cost several million. No point having that done if you're going to do it again and tear up the 1st plans.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Pete53's Profile Pete53 Flag Hassocks 20 Apr 16 6.44pm Send a Private Message to Pete53 Add Pete53 as a friend

Originally posted by Azerbaijan Eagle

So.......why wouldn't Croydon Council want to see a Premier League club with Worldwide Appeal have a fabulous new stadium that could even be part of a fantastic re development of Thornton Heath.

What else does Croydon have except East Croydon Station (and its quick access to London and Gatwick) that is of any real value to Croydon?

Why indeed, but the fact is that Croydon has always appeared to be a bit ambivalent in its relationship to Palace ( and probably vice versa). A bit like relatives who don't really talk to each other.

And, the reality is that most Palace supporters don't think of Palace as a Croydon club.

Historically I get the impression that the two have gone their own separate ways without much reference to one another other. Consequently I don't think Croydon Council feel in any way beholden to us and it will take a concerted programme of diplomacy on the part of CPFC2010 to change this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 20 Apr 16 6.48pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

So what? Erm, last time I was at Selhurst (last week) I didn't see it surrounded by green fields. Take time to read things before excitedly posting a link.

Building plans detail what's going to be built, when, at what cost, and the time frame it's going to take. That says nothing. As I said, all of that and surveys done professionally can cost several million. No point having that done if you're going to do it again and tear up the 1st plans.

Well actually you should read my post before commenting,it was aimed to the people that said we couldn't develop because of finances and not being in the Prem, I said that was rubbish as cpfc2010 had already looked into the option of rebuilding at CRYSTAL PALACE PARK before it was a no go and that was back when we was in the championship.

I actually give up, no wonder football fans have a bad rep half the people on here are brain dead

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 20 Apr 16 7.49pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

Well actually you should read my post before commenting,it was aimed to the people that said we couldn't develop because of finances and not being in the Prem, I said that was rubbish as cpfc2010 had already looked into the option of rebuilding at CRYSTAL PALACE PARK before it was a no go and that was back when we was in the championship.

I actually give up, no wonder football fans have a bad rep half the people on here are brain dead

You reply to me to explain there were plans with some empty web page and then when you make a bit of a fool of yourself you try to say you're replying to other people regarding comments there wasn't the finance for rebuilding at the national sports centre, a place that was never agreed anyway and there never were any plans, just intentions, or hopes.

A plan is when you'll see specific details, costs etc, not a sketch or a digital picture and 3 lines of text.

Please give up. And if you're going to clear off, be a luv and don't bang the door on your way out. Too many know it all but know not much at all posts.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 20 Apr 16 8.04pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

You reply to me to explain there were plans with some empty web page and then when you make a bit of a fool of yourself you try to say you're replying to other people regarding comments there wasn't the finance for rebuilding at the national sports centre, a place that was never agreed anyway and there never were any plans, just intentions, or hopes.

A plan is when you'll see specific details, costs etc, not a sketch or a digital picture and 3 lines of text.

Please give up. And if you're going to clear off, be a luv and don't bang the door on your way out. Too many know it all but know not much at all posts.

You are a complete tool who hasn't got half a brain cell, why don't you go back and read previous posts, you tried to call me out on a post where I said the club had plans in place to build a new stadium at crystal palace park, you are then that much of an idiot that when I post the link, you belive I think the link I've posted is an aerial view of selhurst ???? Give up mate your making yourself look stupid.

As your obviously not the sharpest tool in the box, I'll help, go to page 3, scroll down the bottom and look at your post at 1818 and what I wrote that you quoted me on. Can quite clearly see I wrote CPP btw that stands for CRYSTAL PALACE PARK.

Edited by rikz (20 Apr 2016 8.13pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 20 Apr 16 8.31pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

[Link] reported at the time in the national press aswell, btw what's the headline say

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 20 Apr 16 9.06pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

You are a complete tool who hasn't got half a brain cell, why don't you go back and read previous posts, you tried to call me out on a post where I said the club had plans in place to build a new stadium at crystal palace park, you are then that much of an idiot that when I post the link, you belive I think the link I've posted is an aerial view of selhurst ???? Give up mate your making yourself look stupid.

As your obviously not the sharpest tool in the box, I'll help, go to page 3, scroll down the bottom and look at your post at 1818 and what I wrote that you quoted me on. Can quite clearly see I wrote CPP btw that stands for CRYSTAL PALACE PARK.

Edited by rikz (20 Apr 2016 8.13pm)

You are not the font of all knowledge and are acting a bit silly with the superior intelligence and childlike keyboard slurs.

I didn't see the cpp in small case but I don't need to go back to read your previous posts. A digi image is not a proper plan. When you come across one you'll know. A plan of CPP size or SPark size costs several million to get drawn up so to do that they're going to actually commit to it rather than 'look into it' which is what you're saying.

What it was was an intention or a rough idea of what they might be able to do with a mortgage over 30 years and at a cost to getting the club higher up the league(s). That is different to being able to pay for it with cash, without impacting on operational or squad costs which is where we are now. Big difference. And anyway, if we were to move to CPP then the profit on SPark after Lloyds take their cut would go some way to pay for the new stadium. Glossed over that one as well didn't you.

If you think that every time someone that's looking into something is actually intending to go ahead with it pretty soon then I'm happier with my ability to read people. I've has=d a bit more experience there but thanks for the keyboard outburst.

If football fans or half of us are not on your Stephen Fry level of intelligence. Or try the BBS. Nice bunch on there, they'll love the Danny Dyer banter. Right on your Mensa level of intelligence.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 20 Apr 16 9.15pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

[Link] reported at the time in the national press aswell, btw what's the headline say

Yeah read the end of the article...

"Planning will be sought for the full 40,000 capacity stadium, although it may begin life with a reduced 25,000 capacity stadium."

Planning will be sought. 'Sought'

Plans cost millions. They will only go ahead with planning if they know the money isn't going to be flushed down the toilet. Don't take your knowledge from a tabloid oh sharp one.

If you're unsure, SP will tell you how much it costs if you know him, or someone well enough with decisions like that to make. They'll tell you why they don't rush ahead on something huge with zero in the bank and annual losses of 5mil before asset sales, whereas with profits of 20mil and investment and cash in the bank of 100mil there's more chance of it happening. And you think I'm not sharp.

Leave all this and pathetic name calling till the Summer or the week before a possible cup final when I think things actually start happening.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 20 Apr 16 9.23pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

You are not the font of all knowledge and are acting a bit silly with the superior intelligence and childlike keyboard slurs.

I didn't see the cpp in small case but I don't need to go back to read your previous posts. A digi image is not a proper plan. When you come across one you'll know. A plan of CPP size or SPark size costs several million to get drawn up so to do that they're going to actually commit to it rather than 'look into it' which is what you're saying.

What it was was an intention or a rough idea of what they might be able to do with a mortgage over 30 years and at a cost to getting the club higher up the league(s). That is different to being able to pay for it with cash, without impacting on operational or squad costs which is where we are now. Big difference. And anyway, if we were to move to CPP then the profit on SPark after Lloyds take their cut would go some way to pay for the new stadium. Glossed over that one as well didn't you.

If you think that every time someone that's looking into something is actually intending to go ahead with it pretty soon then I'm happier with my ability to read people. I've has=d a bit more experience there but thanks for the keyboard outburst.

If football fans or half of us are not on your Stephen Fry level of intelligence. Or try the BBS. Nice bunch on there, they'll love the Danny Dyer banter. Right on your Mensa level of intelligence.

I'm still not quite sure what point your trying to make. A previous poster said that the reason selhurst hasn't been redeveloped yet was because we've only been in the prem for 3 seasons and have only had money for the last 4 months, I said that's rubbish as the board was looking to build a new stadium in crystal palace park 6 years ago before it got vetoed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 20 Apr 16 9.33pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Yeah read the end of the article...

"Planning will be sought for the full 40,000 capacity stadium, although it may begin life with a reduced 25,000 capacity stadium."

Planning will be sought. 'Sought'

Plans cost millions. They will only go ahead with planning if they know the money isn't going to be flushed down the toilet. Don't take your knowledge from a tabloid oh sharp one.

If you're unsure, SP will tell you how much it costs if you know him, or someone well enough with decisions like that to make. They'll tell you why they don't rush ahead on something huge with zero in the bank and annual losses of 5mil before asset sales, whereas with profits of 20mil and investment and cash in the bank of 100mil there's more chance of it happening. And you think I'm not sharp.

Leave all this and pathetic name calling till the Summer or the week before a possible cup final when I think things actually start happening.

So if I'm planning on taking my misses out for a meal, is it not a plan untill I book the table ? I'm also planning to watch palace at Wembley on Sunday, I've not toped my oyster card up yet tho, have I planned it or have I not, you've lost me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 206 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Stadium Redevelopment