You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump
December 11 2019 1.44pm

Bias against Trump

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 324 of 390 < 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 >

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 03 Jul 19 1.07pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Wonít work though will it? Any politician can agree with any policy then laugh in your face when theyíre elected and say their opinion has changed. No wonder they lie so much when theyíre so unaccountable.

As our representatives and not our delegates MPs not only have the right to change their minds they have the duty to do so if they believe it to be necessary.

And they are accountable! To us as voters at least once every 5 years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 03 Jul 19 1.14pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

As our representatives and not our delegates MPs not only have the right to change their minds they have the duty to do so if they believe it to be necessary.

And they are accountable! To us as voters at least once every 5 years.

You have incredible faith in their integrity. Do you honestly see them as such deep thinkers and honest people?
Politicians will almost always do what is best for their own careers. In the age of identity politics their accountability is zero because theyíre going to get elected anyway.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Online Flag Truro Cornwall 03 Jul 19 1.24pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

You have incredible faith in their integrity. Do you honestly see them as such deep thinkers and honest people?
Politicians will almost always do what is best for their own careers. In the age of identity politics their accountability is zero because theyíre going to get elected anyway.

I am describing the system and how to update it and not my opinion on any faith I have in our politician's integrity, which is pretty varied. As this has nothing to do with Trump (excepting perhaps evidence of a lack of integrity) perhaps we should leave it there?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 03 Jul 19 1.39pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I am describing the system and how to update it and not my opinion on any faith I have in our politician's integrity, which is pretty varied. As this has nothing to do with Trump (excepting perhaps evidence of a lack of integrity) perhaps we should leave it there?

Hes got more integrity than those left wing Democrat antifa scum.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 03 Jul 19 1.44pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


A lawsuit is in progress to force the release of Trumpís tax returns. Not sure what people expect to find that the IRS has missed.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 03 Jul 19 1.57pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

As our representatives and not our delegates MPs not only have the right to change their minds they have the duty to do so if they believe it to be necessary.

And they are accountable! To us as voters at least once every 5 years.

And how does that work in a society controlled by a specific section of society (the middle class or more accurately Baizuo) that will simply not air the views of (and actually demonizes) an individual or political party/group that it deems to be unacceptable. e.g. the majority of people in this country want immigration to be significantly reduced but none of the mainstream media will air those views other than to occasionally mock them or brand them as far right / fascist? Do you think UKIP or For Britain (both I would support) have ever been allowed onto even publicly funded TV other than to demonize them? People in this country do not feel able to speak what's on their minds and that is very dangerous. Politics is now propaganda and journalists are now activists.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 03 Jul 19 1.57pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Hes got more integrity than those left wing Democrat antifa scum.

Or to give them another term, activist communists.

Edited by Stirlingsays (03 Jul 2019 1.57pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Jul 19 6.24pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by W12

And how does that work in a society controlled by a specific section of society (the middle class or more accurately Baizuo) that will simply not air the views of (and actually demonizes) an individual or political party/group that it deems to be unacceptable. e.g. the majority of people in this country want immigration to be significantly reduced but none of the mainstream media will air those views other than to occasionally mock them or brand them as far right / fascist? Do you think UKIP or For Britain (both I would support) have ever been allowed onto even publicly funded TV other than to demonize them? People in this country do not feel able to speak what's on their minds and that is very dangerous. Politics is now propaganda and journalists are now activists.

I think youíre making quite a wild conflation suggesting that people who want immigration reduced, and supporters of UKIP/ For Britain are one and the same - Itís something Iíd consciously be trying to avoid if I were right-leaning.

I donít think itís at all accurate to say the mainstream media wonít air the views of people who want immigration reduced/controlled; thatís a very commonly held opinion and is represented regularly in the media.

The views of UKIP / For Britain extend beyond that, hence why they are limited more. We can discuss how right or wrong that is as a separate point, but I think to suggest those two groups (those who want immigration reduced v UKIP supporters) are equal in their beliefs is inaccurate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 03 Jul 19 6.41pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

I think youíre making quite a wild conflation suggesting that people who want immigration reduced, and supporters of UKIP/ For Britain are one and the same - Itís something Iíd consciously be trying to avoid if I were right-leaning.

I donít think itís at all accurate to say the mainstream media wonít air the views of people who want immigration reduced/controlled; thatís a very commonly held opinion and is represented regularly in the media.

The views of UKIP / For Britain extend beyond that, hence why they are limited more. We can discuss how right or wrong that is as a separate point, but I think to suggest those two groups (those who want immigration reduced v UKIP supporters) are equal in their beliefs is inaccurate.

Mmmm, how do these ideas of immigration reduction differ for this block of people you seem to be representing here from Ukip's ideas on immigration reduction?

Regardless of whatever you state, this general point could be made about just about any policy area between any two differing groups of politically active people.

People who support the NHS v Labour supporters or indeed their party's official views on the NHS.

People who recogise that there is man made climate change v those who support the policies of a political party like the Greens or Labour/Tory.

Edited by Stirlingsays (03 Jul 2019 6.42pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Jul 19 7.01pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Mmmm, how do these ideas of immigration reduction differ for this block of people you seem to be representing here from Ukip's ideas on immigration reduction?

Regardless of whatever you state, this general point could be made about just about any policy area between any two differing groups of politically active people.

People who support the NHS v Labour supporters or indeed their party's official views on the NHS.

People who recogise that there is man made climate change v those who support the policies of a political party like the Greens or Labour/Tory.

Edited by Stirlingsays (03 Jul 2019 6.42pm)

Well I donít claim to represent anyone, but there are less extreme positions to take on immigration than a UKIPís (for example). The difference stems from the severity, method and speed of reduction in simple terms.

I agree with the rest of your post but I would have the same objection; you can have a view on the NHS, or environmental policy without necessarily aligning with the Greens, so to claim because a majority are in favour of the NHS, the Greens should have more than proportional exposure in the media is not accurate.

Itís comparable to those who conflate a majority support for Brexit with a reason as to why no deal has to happen - the two positions arenít mutually exclusive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 03 Jul 19 8.37pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Well I donít claim to represent anyone, but there are less extreme positions to take on immigration than a UKIPís (for example). The difference stems from the severity, method and speed of reduction in simple terms.

I agree with the rest of your post but I would have the same objection; you can have a view on the NHS, or environmental policy without necessarily aligning with the Greens, so to claim because a majority are in favour of the NHS, the Greens should have more than proportional exposure in the media is not accurate.

Itís comparable to those who conflate a majority support for Brexit with a reason as to why no deal has to happen - the two positions arenít mutually exclusive.

Well, we kind of agree, whilst perhaps not seeing Ukip or perhaps what represents a better future for the UK in quite the same ways.

While I obviously have huge issues with the BBC and its bias I regarded their behaviour and ideas on how much exposure different parties received in the recent MEP elections as fair. It seemed to me that they focused upon the vote representation from the last election and I regarded that as objective.

Edited by Stirlingsays (03 Jul 2019 8.38pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 03 Jul 19 9.39pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Well I donít claim to represent anyone, but there are less extreme positions to take on immigration than a UKIPís (for example). The difference stems from the severity, method and speed of reduction in simple terms.

I agree with the rest of your post but I would have the same objection; you can have a view on the NHS, or environmental policy without necessarily aligning with the Greens, so to claim because a majority are in favour of the NHS, the Greens should have more than proportional exposure in the media is not accurate.

Itís comparable to those who conflate a majority support for Brexit with a reason as to why no deal has to happen - the two positions arenít mutually exclusive.



In what way would consider UKIPís position on immigration extreme? I donít want to make this about UKIP in particular but how would the average joe even know what their position is if they do not get a platform to even make a case of have a debate. Neither UKIP or For Britain are anti immigration or in any way white supremacists but at the same time they are far right or nazis. To object to mass immigration or multiculturalism in particular is just an unacceptable position and Iím not having it any more.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 324 of 390 < 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump