You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump
May 9 2021 2.43am

Bias against Trump

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 413 of 533 < 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 26 Feb 20 10.09pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

You can almost taste the salt.

Modi is a nationalist and very popular in India.....WE talks about riots...which don't affect Europeans in the least....However, compare that to the riots in France, a country led by the globalist Macron....That doesn't appear to bother WE does it now.....And Macron is nowhere near as popular as Modi.

Modi and Trump will agree a trade deal because it's in both their country's interests and they are similar types of politicians....negotiations will no doubt be tough as they should be.

Nationalism is on the rise.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 26 Feb 20 10.45pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Nationalism and Populism are definitely both on the rise and have a clear relationship to each other.

That some welcome this is obvious but I don't. I think it is a backward looking wave that will simply delay progress but not stop it.

We aren't discussing France so why mention it, or anything happening there?

The riots in India are very real and happening now. Where could this lead to? I am no expert on the politics in that region but defining citizenship by religion in a secular democracy seems a recipe for unrest to me. With such a history of disputes in the region it gives me pause for thought at the very least.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 27 Feb 20 12.08am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Blimey, an interesting post.
I may even answer it tomorrow.....but for now, bed sings sweetly to me.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Mar 20 12.37pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

I think this virus could kill Trump if he runs with the election in November.

If he postpones it for a year, gets a vaccine next summer....he probably romps it.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 17 Mar 20 1.59pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

I too wondered if Trump would try to postpone the election but a quick bit of research suggests that it is impossible. He simply doesn't have the power to do so. States could delay their primaries but whatever happens a new term starts in January and without an election that cannot be. So it must happen.

Congress could vote to extend his term by 2 years but apparently a 2/3rds majority in both houses is needed for that to happen. Not impossible, given the scale of the crisis, but I would expect a good deal of haggling first.

What seems more likely is for Republican states to try to fix the election by declaring it is impossible to hold the ballot and that they would then cast the votes on the electorate's behalf. Constitutional crisis and Supreme Court judgement to follow no doubt.

There is already a conspiracy theory circulating in China that this virus originally came from a now closed lab in the USA and was deliberately leaked in their country by the Trump administration.

Wild conspiracy theories don't seem to be self isolating do they?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Mar 20 2.16pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

In November the virus numbers will start to climb back again.....From September really.

I think there is a genuine argument for not holding a mass country wide election in November. This is about life and death for lots of old people....which is lop sided to Trump's base.

If the Democrats are confident of beating Trump they will do what is in the national interest and put back the election until it's safe for mass numbers of people to gather.

Otherwise they are socially irresponsible......Well most of us here know the truth about that anyway.

It is something the Supreme Court might end up ruling on......Personally, while it is obviously in Trump's best interest to do this....I think it's probably the right thing to do anyway.

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Mar 2020 2.22pm)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 17 Mar 20 2.33pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Regardless if an election is held in November I can't see Trump winning it.......It wouldn't even be that close.
For Trump this has been very very bad.

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Mar 2020 2.34pm)

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 29 Mar 20 2.01am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Trump has said he is considering imposing a quarantine on New York state.

Do it...Don't think about it Donald, just do it.

I've always wanted to see a 'Escape from New York' remake.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kenbarr's Profile kenbarr Flag Jackson Heights, Queens, New York ... 30 Mar 20 12.34pm Send a Private Message to kenbarr Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add kenbarr as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Trump has said he is considering imposing a quarantine on New York state.

Do it...Don't think about it Donald, just do it.

I've always wanted to see a 'Escape from New York' remake.

Sorry, he can't do it. The Constitution and NY Governor Andrew Cuomo say he can't. Let's face it, The Notorious Andy C is soundly thumping Bone Spurs from Jamaica Estates.

This is NYChauvinist From Ground Zero, COVID-19, Jackson Heights, Queens, New York City, USA, signing off.

 


Divorced...And LOVING it in Andrew Cuomo's New York!
VJRAM Rev.
CPFC since Boxing Day 1989 CPFC 2-2 CFC
Gregg Berhalter, US International & USMNT Head Coach
Jill Ellis, England International & Retired USWNT Head Coach
Trevor Francis, International PRAT

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 30 Mar 20 12.47pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by kenbarr

Sorry, he can't do it. The Constitution and NY Governor Andrew Cuomo say he can't. Let's face it, The Notorious Andy C is soundly thumping Bone Spurs from Jamaica Estates.

This is NYChauvinist From Ground Zero, COVID-19, Jackson Heights, Queens, New York City, USA, signing off.

I've been hearing that gun sales have gone up in the US......a lot of Democratic first time buyers apparently.

 


'I can't stand innuendo. If I see one in a script I whip it out immediately.' (Kenneth Williams)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 05 Apr 20 10.37am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Regardless if an election is held in November I can't see Trump winning it.......It wouldn't even be that close.
For Trump this has been very very bad.

Edited by Stirlingsays (17 Mar 2020 2.34pm)

Agree, Trump's f***ed this. I haven't been a vocal critic of Trump. I think many of his critics have missunderstood American culture and the circumstances of many forgotten low income workers across the United States.

America's lack of national health care has always been widely critisied from outsiders. I think this is down to European's not really understanding Americans. I have a friend, who's a Doctor in Califonia (she's actually Canadian) who always seemed very liberal but was completely against Obama care. I was suprised by this, but then started to understand. The land of the free, wild west mentality, is deep rooted in the US. You pay low taxes, and take care of yourself with low goverment interference. The founding fathers wanted something completely different to the fudal European system where you work for the wealthy in return for protection. Nationalised services are very un-american.

This current crisis may cause a shift in the way of thinking though. The idea that a national health service isn't there to protect people that can't afford it, but the health service is there to act as a part of the ministary of the defence to protect the nation. Given the number of deaths expected, I can see the next US election being dominated by healthcare.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 05 Apr 20 11.22am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Agree, Trump's f***ed this. I haven't been a vocal critic of Trump. I think many of his critics have missunderstood American culture and the circumstances of many forgotten low income workers across the United States.

America's lack of national health care has always been widely critisied from outsiders. I think this is down to European's not really understanding Americans. I have a friend, who's a Doctor in Califonia (she's actually Canadian) who always seemed very liberal but was completely against Obama care. I was suprised by this, but then started to understand. The land of the free, wild west mentality, is deep rooted in the US. You pay low taxes, and take care of yourself with low goverment interference. The founding fathers wanted something completely different to the fudal European system where you work for the wealthy in return for protection. Nationalised services are very un-american.

This current crisis may cause a shift in the way of thinking though. The idea that a national health service isn't there to protect people that can't afford it, but the health service is there to act as a part of the ministary of the defence to protect the nation. Given the number of deaths expected, I can see the next US election being dominated by healthcare.

I think you may well be right.

We have some American relatives, who also live in California, who visited us in January and the husband who is 75 got sick whilst here and had to see a doctor in A & E. He was amazed at the treatment he got, without any charges at all. In the USA the cost of their healthcare is huge and a constant worry, especially now. He is a huge Trump fan but has completely changed his mind on how health care ought to be delivered having personally witnessed both in short order.

On another issue I have this morning been chatting with a devoted Trump supporter who lives in the Philippines. He is a conspiracy theory consumer to the n'th degree and is convinced that the current crisis is a media/democrat conspiracy designed to oust Trump and control the minds of the average person. He does though have 2 months of food stored and a loaded gun in his pocket.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 413 of 533 < 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bias against Trump