You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread
September 16 2019 3.41am

The Roy Hodgson thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 102 of 108 < 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 16 May 19 10.17am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

We have the best man for the job in Roy. I hope he signs a contract extension for a few more years.

And it's desperate that people are saying he should leave because of his age. He is bright as a button and his age has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I'l repeat what I have said on here many times after a lot of folk on here knocking Roy and saying get in the likes Howe, Dyche, Hughton, Wagner. If anyone can tell me that Roy is not a better manager than all 4 of them then Id tell them they are mad.

Roy is an easy target because of his age and his nice manner. Open your eyes folks and get his off back and support him because it will be a sad day when he leaves.


Fully agree he has given the club stability and his tactics work with the cards he has in his hand, lets thank him for all his effortS to date which ha has without question kept us in the PL!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 16 May 19 10.22am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

When allowed to play with freedom our boys smash the opposition. We need a striker and an AM in the summer. Sack ole turkey chops off and let's go for it.

Can't keep playing negatively and expect positive results.

Let's be positive and go for it, thanks and bye bye Roy, top 8 here we come!

Sounds like you want Pardew back, that would be a quick fire trap door back to the championship!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cpj's Profile cpj Flag Kent 16 May 19 11.01am Send a Private Message to cpj Add cpj as a friend

I noticed that Roy commented that one of the players we were without on Sunday was Ayew who he said had done so well for us. This is what makes me worry about Roy. Ayew started 14 PL games and came on in 6, scored just 1 goal (which was offside) and managed just 17 shots - and Roy thinks that as a striker that is doing well! OK, compared to Benteke it isn't bad but we must be aiming for better than Ayew next season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 16 May 19 12.34pm

Originally posted by Den1923

Sounds like you want Pardew back, that would be a quick fire trap door back to the championship!

Nah, I'm not a fan of Roy but I'm not silly!

That said, when we beat Newcastle 5-1 it was one of the best I've ever seen us play.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 21 May 19 7.32pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

With Brighton taking on Graham Potter we will get a little look at what may happen if we let Roy go and bring in a so called younger manager with new ideas.

Swansea conceded goals like they were going out of fashion last season and he will be found outbig style in the PL.

Get your money on Potter to be the first manager sacked and Brighton to be relegated. Silly appointment in my view.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 22 May 19 8.44am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Nah, I'm not a fan of Roy but I'm not silly!

That said, when we beat Newcastle 5-1 it was one of the best I've ever seen us play.

That was a Yannick Bolasie day wasn't it, Janmaat, Mbemba, Coloccini and Dummett could not live with him at all! ..and a brilliant Puncheon too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View KAOS's Profile KAOS Flag In a tree 22 May 19 10.22am Send a Private Message to KAOS Add KAOS as a friend

Originally posted by EddieMac

We have the best man for the job in Roy. I hope he signs a contract extension for a few more years.

And it's desperate that people are saying he should leave because of his age. He is bright as a button and his age has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I'l repeat what I have said on here many times after a lot of folk on here knocking Roy and saying get in the likes Howe, Dyche, Hughton, Wagner. If anyone can tell me that Roy is not a better manager than all 4 of them then Id tell them they are mad.

Roy is an easy target because of his age and his nice manner. Open your eyes folks and get his off back and support him because it will be a sad day when he leaves.


100% agree

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 May 19 10.26am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

The thing with age is that the decline is not all gradual. Some of it is very sudden and unexpected.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CYPRUS GLAZIER's Profile CYPRUS GLAZIER Flag paphos cyprus 22 May 19 10.47am Send a Private Message to CYPRUS GLAZIER Add CYPRUS GLAZIER as a friend

Age nothing to do with it. Experience is everything

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 22 May 19 11.02am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by CYPRUS GLAZIER

Age nothing to do with it. Experience is everything

It has nothing to do with it while itís not an issues, yes, youíre right. But when it is .....

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 22 May 19 11.37am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

It has nothing to do with it while itís not an issues, yes, youíre right. But when it is .....

Then it becomes like anything else in life. You deal with it.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 22 May 19 1.14pm Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

The thing with age is that the decline is not all gradual. Some of it is very sudden and unexpected.

And what has that got to do with the price of milk ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 102 of 108 < 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Roy Hodgson thread