You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The dangerous liberal world of California
April 25 2019 11.21am

The dangerous liberal world of California

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 15 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 05 Jan 18 11.51pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset

Yep, released as political prisoners as part of the peace bought about by the good Friday agreement that is in peril from Brexit.

Put in peril by arresting ex British soldiers for Bloody Sunday who had been fired on first.....So murderers who blew up soldiers go free yet we arrest our own soldiers?

Some agreement.

[Link]

Can't find out what happened after this....does anyone know the current state of the witch hunt on our own soldiers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 06 Jan 18 12.14am

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Put in peril by arresting ex British soldiers for Bloody Sunday who had been fired on first.....So murderers who blew up soldiers go free yet we arrest our own soldiers?

Some agreement.

[Link]

Can't find out what happened after this....does anyone know the current state of the witch hunt on our own soldiers.

Yep s*** on all sides innit.

Not that this has got much to do with [Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 06 Jan 18 12.58am Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset

So they weren't released as part of the good Friday agreement? Enlighten me then Bronx 'tato.

No I meant (The Good Friday Agreement) Its not at risk from Brexit you fool.
(Awaits link from the The Huddersfield Echo readership 17)

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 06 Jan 18 1.33am

Originally posted by Jimenez

No I meant (The Good Friday Agreement) Its not at risk from Brexit you fool.
(Awaits link from the The Huddersfield Echo readership 17)

FFS. Everyone knows it's the Huddersfield Examiner. Tsk.

[Link]

The Good Friday Agreement is mentioned, waved away as not being a problem.
Still hindsight is easy innit.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 06 Jan 18 3.00am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset

Yep s*** on all sides innit.

Not that this has got much to do with [Link]

Being a patriot I have a side.

We were at fault by over reaction on bloody Sunday....but not to the extent that we arrest soldiers that we put there and who were attacked and in a highly pressured situation.....soldiers are not Policemen.

The good friday agreement releases IRA murderers....and actually allows these scum into political power sharing over British citizens and then that?


Edited by Stirlingsays (06 Jan 2018 3.07am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnfirewall's Profile johnfirewall Flag Lewisham 06 Jan 18 11.59am Send a Private Message to johnfirewall Add johnfirewall as a friend

I'd never really thought about it as anything a more than just a bit hippy.

I should have know with Arianna Huffington, though and their landslide election outcomes.

I'd quite like to go now. I wonder if this is all apparent on the streets other than in all the juice bars etc.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 06 Jan 18 12.22pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Being a patriot I have a side.

We were at fault by over reaction on bloody Sunday....but not to the extent that we arrest soldiers that we put there and who were attacked and in a highly pressured situation.....soldiers are not Policemen.

The good friday agreement releases IRA murderers....and actually allows these scum into political power sharing over British citizens and then that?


Edited by Stirlingsays (06 Jan 2018 3.07am)

Not the best situation but we could have compromised stopping the troubles if not. It's a crap price to pay,but worth it for the peace it has brought about.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
legaleagle Flag 06 Jan 18 12.49pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Put in peril by arresting ex British soldiers for Bloody Sunday who had been fired on first.....So murderers who blew up soldiers go free yet we arrest our own soldiers?

Some agreement.

[Link]

Can't find out what happened after this....does anyone know the current state of the witch hunt on our own soldiers.

Sorry to derail your prejudices (and move away from the travails of the state of California),but I can speak as someone who represented a former para at the Bloody Sunday inquiry,so may know just a tad more about what actually happened than yourself.

The following are however clear to me:

Bloody Sunday was an abomination and the actions of the army that day were something all right thinking people should condemn.Innocent civilians were killed wrongly by the paras.

There was a collective cover up within the army following Bloody Sunday.That should be condemned.

Being able to condemn such things and for those unlawfully killed's families to get redress is not equatable to being anti-army or pro Provos but is a sign of strength of a vigorous democracy, not weakness.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 06 Jan 18 1.02pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by legaleagle

Sorry to derail your prejudices (and move away from the travails of the state of California),but I can speak as someone who represented a former para at the Bloody Sunday inquiry,so may know just a tad more about what actually happened than yourself.

The following are however clear to me:

Bloody Sunday was an abomination and the actions of the army that day were something all right thinking people should condemn.Innocent civilians were killed wrongly by the paras.

There was a collective cover up within the army following Bloody Sunday.That should be condemned.

Being able to condemn such things and for those unlawfully killed's families to get redress is not equatable to being anti-army or pro Provos but is a sign of strength of a vigorous democracy, not weakness.

I agree that the cover up was wrong if it existed.

As for what happens in the heat of stressful situations once someone is attacked by gunfire I regard your legalistic opinions as about as befitting for someone who doesn't know what that's actually like in real life. There's a reason your claimed profession is held in such low esteem.

'Sign of strength'....Jesus!

If we have released IRA murderers why are we arresting our own ex soldiers?


Edited by Stirlingsays (06 Jan 2018 1.04pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 06 Jan 18 1.06pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by nickgusset

Not the best situation but we could have compromised stopping the troubles if not. It's a crap price to pay,but worth it for the peace it has brought about.

Mmmmmm.

Not when you start arresting your own ex soldiers it isn't.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
nickgusset Flag Shizzlehurst 06 Jan 18 1.10pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Mmmmmm.

Not when you start arresting your own ex soldiers it isn't.

So if you were in charge the troubles would still be going on because you are unwilling to give and take.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
legaleagle Flag 06 Jan 18 1.13pm

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I agree that the cover up was wrong if it existed.

As for what happens in the heat of stressful situations once someone is attacked by gunfire I regard your legalistic opinions as about as befitting for someone who doesn't know what that's actually like in real life. There's a reason your claimed profession is held in such low esteem.

'Sign of strength'....Jesus!

If we have released IRA murderers why are we arresting our own ex soldiers?


Edited by Stirlingsays (06 Jan 2018 1.04pm)

And your own personal experience of being in that situation in N Ireland is,I presume,zero?

I have at least heard about what happened and the run up from people who were para squaddies on the ground.

As for which of us might have encountered more "real life" situations personally,let's just say I don't feel challenged by you in that regard..you have no idea what I might have or not have encountered but it doesn't prevent you stating what is purely a personal bias as if it were fact.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 15 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The dangerous liberal world of California